News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Should the show address death of Pokemon?

Started by Mystic, October 26, 2008, 03:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Pokemon die in the games, and they die in the movies. But never in the show. I think they should change that.

What about you

Macawmoses

Wait, what Pokemon (besides Marowak) have died in the games? And no, I don't think anything else other than the few episodes they do on Spirits (like the one with Nintetales and Brock) should be in there, as kids don't need more grief in the world.

Mystic

In the games, there are Pokemon cemeteries.

JrDude

Quote from: Mystic on October 26, 2008, 03:59:07 PM
In the games, there are Pokemon cemeteries.
They don't show their death, they're just dead, so I guess it would be fine if they showed cemeteries in the show.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

Yes. They did it with Digimon (Especially Season's 1, 3 and 5.), and that worked GREAT and they still kept it a kid's show.

But they exploded into a bunch of pixels. Pokemon would just bleed.

Qsmash

Apparently, they die in the manga too.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Macawmoses

Shujinco2

Oh, I remember that!

That was pretty creepy.

tibar21

Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Triforce_Luigi

Yes, but it's not like it'll ever happen. And aren't the movies technically considered part of the shows? If so, then Pokemon death has been acknowledged. The death of Latios in Pokemon Heroes was the first Pokemon that we see dying. And Pikachu died once in that episode with the ghost Pokemon.

Mutilator7

Do they just die when they get old or what? I thought they 'fainted' and then you healed them in a pokemon center

JrDude

Quote from: Mutilator7 on November 16, 2008, 05:27:14 PM
Do they just die when they get old or what? I thought they 'fainted' and then you healed them in a pokemon center
In pokémon battles, they faint, but if they, say get cut in half by a sword, or shot in the head with a bullet, or crushed by a sharp ended bolder, ect., then they will die.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Silverhawk79

Pokemon don't die in the games, and I don't remember any of them dying in the movies.
Besides, Pokemon isn't supposed to be all serious, so Pokemon death would be a bit weird.

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 18, 2008, 09:47:04 PM
Pokemon don't die in the games, and I don't remember any of them dying in the movies.
Besides, Pokemon isn't supposed to be all serious, so Pokemon death would be a bit weird.

If Pokemon don't die in games, then why do they have Pokemon cemeteries? And I believe Latios died in whichever movie had Latios and Latias in it.