News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

this time theyve gone to far(really long read)

Started by Syncopathic, November 30, 2007, 06:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syncopathic

http://www.newstarget.com/022308.html

"The end of Free Speech in America has arrived at our doorstep. It's a new law called the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act, and it is worded in a clever way that could allow the U.S. government to arrest and incarcerate any individual who speaks out against the Bush Administration, the war on Iraq, the Department of Homeland Security or any government agency (including the FDA). The law has already passed the House on a traitorous vote of 405 to 6, and it is now being considered in the Senate where a vote is imminent. All over the internet, intelligent people who care about freedom are speaking out against this extremely dangerous law: Philip Giraldi at the Huffington Post, Declan McCullagh at CNET's News.com, Kathryn Smith at OpEdNews.com, and of course Alex Jones at PrisonPlanet.com

This bill is the beginning of the end of Free Speech in America. If it passes, all the information sources you know and trust could be shut down and their authors imprisoned. NewsTarget could be taken offline and I could be arrested as a "terrorist." Jeff Rense at www.Rense.com could be labeled a "terrorist" and arrested. Byron Richards, Len Horowitz, Paul Craig Roberts, Greg Palast, Ron Paul and even Al Gore could all be arrested, silenced and incarcerated. This is not an exaggeration. It is a literal reading of the law, which you can check yourself here: http://thomas.loc.gov/home/gpoxmlc110/h1955_rfs.xml

The bill states:

'...ideologically based violence' means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs..."

tl;dr: so that means we lose our freedom of speech because the gov will think were terrorists

clompy

Zovistograt

"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Syncopathic

Riosan

[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

clompy

Quote from: Zovistograt on November 30, 2007, 06:26:50 PM
uhh...there's always judicial review ^_^
oh yeah...there's always that...

o well, i still wouldn't mind moving to canada

TheKoopaBros.

If this passes I'll have lost what little faith I have in the US's political system. Boy am I glad nothing this moronic has passed or suggested in Canada yet (though there have been some ridiculous bills put forwards in the past).

yes.derek

HEY LOOK HEY

Syncopathic

Quote from: TheKoopaBros. on November 30, 2007, 06:46:17 PM
If this passes I'll have lost what little faith I have in the US's political system. Boy am I glad nothing this moronic has passed or suggested in Canada yet (though there have been some ridiculous bills put forwards in the past).
honestly canada sounds more like the land of freedom and dreams than the U.S

えっちーせんぱい

You can't be serious.

What the intercourse ?

to Japan I go.

There's lots of government hate on Nsider too. :(
...̅̅̅

Tupin

To Canada!

I just can't wait until January 2009. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

not famy

EFG

Everyone wear V masks and go protest to show how corrupt government is.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: EFG on November 30, 2007, 06:51:33 PM
Everyone wear V masks and go protest to show how corrupt government is.
Remember, Remember, the Fifth of  November

?