News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

PC > Mac

Started by T-Virus, September 25, 2007, 05:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMV

Opinions cannot be equated with mathematical expressions such as "<", ">", and "=".
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

JMV

Quote from: Ragnarok on September 25, 2007, 07:11:54 PM
Hmm...I wouldn't say anything, but I agree that the PC overall is better than the Mac (imo).
I used a Mac at my grandparent's house for a week, and I honestly didn't like it. The layout was a bit weird, not being able to right click was a big problem for playing video games and I absolutely despise Safari.
Now, it might just be that I've been born and raised with a PC and the iMac is just awkward for me, but I really like the feel of a PC better.
I prefer the layout, it's less crowded.  I can right click, so that point is moot. I use Shiira so I don't have to deal with Safari.

Change can always be good.  I made the switch and I love it.

T-Virus

Quote from: JMV290 on September 25, 2007, 07:21:42 PM
Opinions cannot be equated with mathematical expressions such as "<", ">", and "=".

Anything is possible on the internet

JMV

Quote from: T-Virus on September 25, 2007, 07:24:23 PM

NOOOO, why didn't we make a rule against that emote?

T-Virus

Quote from: JMV290 on September 25, 2007, 07:27:04 PM

Because you cant make rules against emotes

Ragnarok

...You can right click? On a Mac? :O
Yeah, it's definitely less crowded. Which is one of the reasons why I don't really like it, it takes me longer to find things :P Don't ask, it's a personal organization issue.
And one other thing I remembered is that I really missed having Microsoft Word. I found some other word editing software, but it really didn't compare to Word. If there's a way to get Word onto an iMac, then this point is moot as well. But as far as I know, there isn't.
::TEC4LIFE::

JMV

Quote from: T-Virus on September 25, 2007, 07:30:13 PM

Wanna bet?

bluaki

Quote from: Ragnarok on September 25, 2007, 07:31:13 PM
...You can right click? On a Mac? :O
Yeah, it's definitely less crowded. Which is one of the reasons why I don't really like it, it takes me longer to find things :P Don't ask, it's a personal organization issue.
And one other thing I remembered is that I really missed having Microsoft Word. I found some other word editing software, but it really didn't compare to Word. If there's a way to get Word onto an iMac, then this point is moot as well. But as far as I know, there isn't.
Uh... I though that tons of Microsoft programs ironically can work on Macs, including Word.
Actually, I own a really old (1994ish) Mac laptop, and I think it has Word installed.

Yeah, I like the organization of the interface of Windows better, especially the start menu (and Linux also seems to have something very similar to that).
Why do people always end up using "Macs can install Windows" as a comeback? Installing Windows on a Mac is very inefficient and unnecessarily expensive. You would have to pay for two priced OS's and overpriced hardware (In terms of specs, I think you can buy the same thing as a PC for way cheaper). If for some reason, you actually want to install Mac on a PC, you don't really need to buy both OS's, there's always an option of buying a computer without any OS or with Linux.
....or is it possible to buy an Apple computer AND install bootcamp without getting the Mac OS?

bluaki

Quote from: JMV290 on September 25, 2007, 07:32:45 PM
Quote from: T-Virus on September 25, 2007, 07:30:13 PM

Wanna bet?
Sure, I bet my use of the Awesome, Pseudo, and Educate on it.
Well, you can always have a floated thread saying "Don't use those emoticons", but it's impossible to prevent somebody from posting it, because it's just a regular image, unless you block ALL images. You can't block the URL because it can always be rehosted on imageshack or whatever.
EDIT: Apparently, we aren't allowed to post the Awesome smiley :( I don't really understand why though. I can understand not wanting people to make single-emote posts, but why not be able to use it inside a post alongside the Lithium and SMF emotes?

phatyo

I think macs is still better

La Pared

Quote from: phatyo on September 25, 2007, 08:18:23 PM
I think macs is still better

Fo sho! my Mac is sah-weet! :)

www.Revolutionists.co.nr

Vidiot

You guys are a bunch of idiots. Mac > PC. End of story :|