News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

XBox 360 vs. Playstation 3

Started by Hero_Of_Time, December 28, 2007, 08:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which will get 2nd place for this gen?

XBox 360
12 (70.6%)
Playstation 3
5 (29.4%)
Neither, Wii will still get passed.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Syncopathic

Quote from: The Kingpin on December 28, 2007, 01:25:46 PM
Quote from: Ludwig3 on December 28, 2007, 01:24:52 PM
360, it has better exclusives than ps3. The ps3 just has MGS4
and resistance: fall  of man
that brings up the total of exclusive to:2

Waveburner

seeing as how the PS3 sales are lacking, 360 will probably get 2nd place in sales this gen.

The Kingpin

Quote from: Ludwig3 on December 28, 2007, 01:26:26 PM
Quote from: The Kingpin on December 28, 2007, 01:25:46 PM
Quote from: Ludwig3 on December 28, 2007, 01:24:52 PM
360, it has better exclusives than ps3. The ps3 just has MGS4
and resistance: fall  of man
that brings up the total of exclusive to:2
and ninja gaiden, and warhawk and ratchet and clank and Drake.  :|

Rius

I don't know... if Square-Enix sticks with the PS3, it'll may win in the long run. I think the 360 just had time over the PS3.

Hero_Of_Time

Quote from: NINNIN6 on December 28, 2007, 01:32:59 PM
I don't know... if Square-Enix sticks with the PS3, it'll may win in the long run. I think the 360 just had time over the PS3.
Doesn't matter how long its been out. The Wii came out last and its in first. >_>

Feel free to add me on MSN!

The Kingpin

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on December 28, 2007, 01:34:46 PM
Doesn't matter how long its been out. The Wii came out last and its in first. >_>
yeah, it does matter which one came out first.

Hero_Of_Time

Quote from: The Kingpin on December 28, 2007, 01:35:48 PM
And why is that? If it mattered the 360 would be first not Wii. =/ Look at the sales figures. Wii is leading when it was the last released system. What matters is uniqueness which Wii and 360 offers. PS3 is..enhanced. Which is nice but it doesn't really add anything new. Blu-Ray hardly counts as new. Wii has channels, VC, Mii, and so much more. 360 has XBox Live and a gamertag to go with it and other things I've yet to touch. Those are what determines how well a system does.

Rius

But the isn't a fair comparison since it's a different type of gaming. The PS3 and 360 are virtually the same when it comes down to it, and the 360 has been out a year longer; I do believe that Japanese support will win out over the one year headstart.

The Kingpin

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on December 28, 2007, 01:40:04 PM
And why is that? If it mattered the 360 would be first not Wii. =/ Look at the sales figures. Wii is leading when it was the last released system. What matters is uniqueness which Wii and 360 offers. PS3 is..enhanced. Which is nice but it doesn't really add anything new. Blu-Ray hardly counts as new. Wii has channels, VC, Mii, and so much more. 360 has XBox Live and a gamertag to go with it and other things I've yet to touch. Those are what determines how well a system does.
Exactly! The 360 came out first, and thus, with a year's head start, it has more sales. The PS3 is now gaining a lot more popularity because it's been out for some time, and they have dropped the price. Both the Wii and Xbox 360 lack some of what the ps3 has.

Mystic

I see the Wii being in first.

Xbox 360 will come out in second.

PS3 last. It has no place. Wii has 3rd party support and innovation. 360 has the best online, and power to compliment it. PS3 has...3rd party, which is dying. Any real good games on PS3 are on 360 and/or Wii. Why buy it for Blu-ray, when for maybe a couple hundred more I can get a HD-DVD/Blu ray combo player?

Hero_Of_Time

Quote from: The Kingpin on December 28, 2007, 01:42:13 PM
Exactly! The 360 came out first, and thus, with a year's head start, it has more sales. The PS3 is now gaining a lot more popularity because it's been out for some time, and they have dropped the price. Both the Wii and Xbox 360 lack some of what the ps3 has.
No it has less sales actually compared to Wii. But yes, this is between 360 and PS3. But the reason the 360 maintains this lead over PS3 is due to the features. Tell me, what new features does it have? And I don't mean enhanced. I know the saying "don't fix what isn't broken" but you good at least add to it to make it better rather than just updating stuff. If you look at the menus for 360 and how detailed they are you'd be impressed. So much to do that you could spend hours on it.

Rius

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on December 28, 2007, 01:46:53 PM
No it has less sales actually compared to Wii. But yes, this is between 360 and PS3. But the reason the 360 maintains this lead over PS3 is due to the features. Tell me, what new features does it have? And I don't mean enhanced. I know the saying "don't fix what isn't broken" but you good at least add to it to make it better rather than just updating stuff. If you look at the menus for 360 and how detailed they are you'd be impressed. So much to do that you could spend hours on it.
I find that the 360 is essentially nothing more than a PC, and the PS3 is nothing more than a media center. I can see the 360 becoming second, but only because the Wii exists. The PS3 is much preferred by the Japanese over the 360, and if it weren't for the Wii the PS3 would be crushing the 360 there. That would lead to Capcom, Squeenix, Namco, etc. developing almost exclusively for the PS3. Also, I have not heard of PS3s crashing as often as 360's so it is definitely not a better piece of hardware.

The Kingpin

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on December 28, 2007, 01:45:04 PM

PS3 last. It has no place. Wii has 3rd party support and innovation. 360 has the best online, and power to compliment it. PS3 has...3rd party, which is dying. Any real good games on PS3 are on 360 and/or Wii. Why buy it for Blu-ray, when for maybe a couple hundred more I can get a HD-DVD/Blu ray combo player?
because that would be a waste of money, on two things that play dvds in high definition.
THAT'S Dumb.

Hero_Of_Time

Quote from: NINNIN6 on December 28, 2007, 01:53:15 PM
Quote from: Hero_Of_Time on December 28, 2007, 01:46:53 PM
I find that the 360 is essentially nothing more than a PC, and the PS3 is nothing more than a media center. I can see the 360 becoming second, but only because the Wii exists. The PS3 is much preferred by the Japanese over the 360, and if it weren't for the Wii the PS3 would be crushing the 360 there. That would lead to Capcom, Squeenix, Namco, etc. developing almost exclusively for the PS3. Also, I have not heard of PS3s crashing as often as 360's so it is definitely not a better piece of hardware.
I blame the crashings on the owners. If you handle it right, it'll be fine. If you mistreat it..yeah, it can break. =/ Its common sense. The 360 offers more than the PS3 does and that's the sole reason it still leads the PS3. If it didn't have those features, it'd matter not which was out first, the PS3 would bypass the 360 but it hasn't. over a year is long enough to catch up.

Mystic

Quote from: The Kingpin on December 28, 2007, 01:55:09 PM
Quote from: Mystic Swampert on December 28, 2007, 01:45:04 PM

because that would be a waste of money, on two things that play dvds in high definition.
THAT'S Dumb.
What the intercourse  are you talking about? I never even mentioned DVDs. And spending 80 on a HD-DVD/Bluray combo player is dumber than spending 1200 on two separate players? Can you ever think with your head?