News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

When you first joined NSider did you want to be a Sage?

Started by Lotos, September 26, 2007, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotos

C'mon and admit it.  When we joined, we ALL had the thought in our heads "I wanna be a Sage!".   I know I did.  I then said "screw it" when I found out I had to write guides, be more than a little helpful and maybe even had to suck up.  I was going to make some guides, but then NSider was closed, and you know the rest.

Omega Pirate

Yeah, I did.  I thought it would be cool to have a big important rank. After awhile though, I started to figure out that just wasn't for me. By the end of Nsider, I think I would've turned it down if it was offered to me. I just didn't want to have to be a role model.
Reading the manual has not been shown to have an effect on your manliness.

JMV

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Genius

Early on, I thought it would be cool to get it.  I was never obsessed over it, and I never went out of my way to try for it.  People seemed to think I was fit for it anyway, but I have no idea why.  Especially considering that at that point, I was everything a Sage isn't supposed to be.

Make sense out of that one.

TheKoopaBros.

I don't think I fully understood what a sage was into well into late 2004, a year after I joined; so no. ;)

I sure got lucky through. I went from an utter noob to sage two years later. :P

PsychoYoshi

Yes. I doubt that there was a single new user that never felt a pang for the rank at one point or another. Moving past it and actually being a respectable, helpful forum member without the need for a shiny rank is much more important.

StarWindWizard7

I didn't know what a Sage was.... at the time.

All I wanted to do was talk about SSBB...
cause it was THAT Game that brought me to the forums in the
1st place.

AhAhA

No. I never intended to be a sage. Even if I was offered the chance, I would decline.

Sure, sage status gives you a lot of benefits, but those benefits are just bullpoop.

You will not get respect because you're a sage. You people need to learn that.

TOM_RIDDLE

I didnt. Green really isnt that great of color (at least that shade of it)

Not when i first joined, at some point I did though.
...̅̅̅

Bob-ombs

sort of, but the only reason I ever wanted to be a sage was to have a semi-normal size sig.

NJNETSFAN15

When I FIRST joined, I didn't.

I was mianly so occupied with the Power on (RP) boards that I never realy saw nor cared what a Sage was. Then, for a short time, during my time in the pokemon boards, I saw a sage, found out that you could become one. I  wanted to be one, until I found out that it wasn't as great as it's cracked up to be.

So for, maybe a weeek, I wanted to be a sage xD

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: AhAhA on September 26, 2007, 11:54:53 PM
No. I never intended to be a sage. Even if I was offered the chance, I would decline.

Sure, sage status gives you a lot of benefits, but those benefits are just bulls***.

You will not get respect because you're a sage. You people need to learn that.

I can definitely agree with that. If by the time you're saged you're not respected, chances are the only ones who will respect you are the suck-ups on the site. I was well respected far before I was saged.

blue_slime

Yeah, and then after about a few posts I stopped caring :P