Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

I <3 Extremetech

Started by Kingoftherings, September 27, 2007, 01:45:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingoftherings

Sounds just like me right?  :3  I love Joel Durham of Extremetech.com

Halo 3

Halo 3: Okay. Brace yourself. I've seen the ads. I've read the reviews (which were apparently written by drooling fanboys rather than impartial journalists). I've played it...for about 30 minutes. Halo 3 is...

It's...

Well...it's just kind of there.

That's how I feel about the entire Halo series. Halo was an okay shooter. I played some of it, but I quit after wandering through indoor level after level, all of which looked exactly the same (I think the COPY and PASTE functions in the level editor were quite popular in the making of Halo). Then these annoying Flood creatures showed up, chasing me through the cookie-cutter catacombs, and I quit.

My experience with Halo 2 went pretty much the same way.

Now I've got Halo 3 and I can name an infinite number of superior shooters: the Half-Life series, the Doom series, BioShock, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Gears of War, Prey, the Rainbow Six series (except the last two), the Unreal and Unreal Tournament series, the Call of Duty series...I think you get the idea. The entire Halo series is so bland that I almost feel sorry for console gamers in general; this is the shooter they like best? My theory is that, just like television and movies, mediocrity pleases the gaming masses more than true inventiveness.

Will I finish Halo 3?

Let me think about that while I load up Team Fortress 2.

General LC

So what? I didn't hear you, I was blowing up a warthog with the Spartan Laser while on the back of a mongoose.
user posted image" border="0

Kingoftherings

Quote from: General LC on September 27, 2007, 01:50:47 PM
So what? I didn't hear you, I was blowing up a warthog with the Spartan Laser while on the back of a mongoose.
The point is that Joel Durham is thinking about whether or not to play Halo 3 while Team Fortress 2 loads up.  :3

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Heck, I don't like Halo 3 or any other Halo title.

But the fact that it's so incredibly robust, and probably one of the best multiplayer shooters out there, if not the best one. Sure, it's not exactly the most creative shooter out there, but it's a quality project with mainstream appeal.

put your personal bias against it aside, and look at the game's features and gameplay mechanics, and look at how it's all executed. I honestly don't see how you can call a title like Halo 3 mediocore...
but whatever.

BTW

No Timesplitters ,Perfect dark or Goldeneye on that list?

fail.

Kingoftherings

Quote from: FULL_METAL_RYDER2 on September 27, 2007, 01:53:30 PM

But the fact that it's so incredibly robust, and probably one of the best multiplayer shooters out there, if not the best one. Sure, it's not exactly the most creative shooter out there, but it's a quality project with mainstream appeal.

put your personal bias against it aside, and look at the game's features and gameplay mechanics, and look at how it's all executed. I honestly don't see how you can call a title like Halo 3 mediocore...
but whatever.

BTW

fail.
I didn't write it.  :\  It was on Extremetech.com

And you can't say its the best multiplayer shooter when games like Team Fortress 2 exist.

Half-Life 2 = Best Single Player
Team Fortress 2 = Best Multiplayer.

So what does that leave Halo with?

General LC

Quote from: Kingoftherings on September 27, 2007, 01:52:09 PM
Quote from: General LC on September 27, 2007, 01:50:47 PM
The point is that Joel Durham is thinking about whether or not to play Halo 3 while Team Fortress 2 loads up.  :3
Sorry again, I just was sniping a guy while being launched by a man cannon.

Teh pen isn't Joel Dur, ham stinking a boot werewolf not oh piss Hablo well steam Fortress laws up?

General LC

Quote from: Kingoftherings on September 27, 2007, 01:56:12 PM

but whatever.

BTW

fail.

And you can't say its the best multiplayer shooter when games like Team Fortress 2 exist.

Best overall game.

Subach

fail.

That is because them games are console shooters, and thus, PC gamers hate them because they don't have mouse and keyboard control, and mouse and keyboard control makes all PC shooters>>>all console FPS[/Sarcasm}

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

but whatever.

BTW

fail.

I know, but your general attitude would imply you agree with him... So I figured I'd respond to your shared views.

And Heck, according to that logic.

No other shooter in the entire industry has anything going for it going by your logic.

General LC

Quote from: Subach on September 27, 2007, 01:57:41 PM

fail.

That is because them games are console shooters, and thus, PC gamers hate them because they don't have mouse and keyboard control, and mouse and keyboard control makes all PC shooters>>>all console FPS[/Sarcasm}
Theres a thing for the 360 called XFPS, it lets you use a Mouse and keyboard for the 360.

FULL_METAL_RYDER2

Quote from: General LC on September 27, 2007, 01:57:13 PM

but whatever.

BTW

fail.

Best overall game.
OWNT

Kingoftherings

but whatever.

BTW

fail.

Best overall game.
Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 are basically the same game.  :\

They're both made by Valve, and run on the Source Engine.  They're just sold seperate  >_>

But Half Life 2: Episode 2 comes with Team Fortress 2.

OmegaPapyrus

I have never been a big fan of the Halo series. It's not that I hate the series, I just find other shooters more appealing. Yup.

Kingoftherings

Quote from: General LC on September 27, 2007, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: Subach on September 27, 2007, 01:57:41 PM

fail.

Theres a thing for the 360 called XFPS, it lets you use a Mouse and keyboard for the 360.
needs moar gfx

General LC

Quote from: Kingoftherings on September 27, 2007, 01:59:51 PM

but whatever.

BTW

fail.

Best overall game.
Half Life 2 and Team Fortress 2 are basically the same game.  :\

They're both made by Valve, and run on the Source Engine.  They're just sold seperate  >_>

But Half Life 2: Episode 2 comes with Team Fortress 2.
And they got look completely different, have different names, characters, enemies, and weapons.