News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

What type of music do you like?

Started by LinkXLR, March 08, 2008, 06:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAT MUSIC FOOL?! (You can select three)

Any type or Rock
Punk
Alternatve <Insert Genre here>
Pop
Old Rap
Electronic
New Rap
Reggae
Classic
Blues
Trip Hop(Whatever that is, if someone would kindely explain it to me)
Hip Hop
Country
Techno
ANYTHING I MISSED, STOP COMPLAINING.
Mines not on here, you stupid poll-making failure.

LinkXLR

Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 07:07:33 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 07:01:25 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 07:00:17 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 06:59:23 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 06:46:39 PM
I listen to anything, I'm not an uneducated dips*** (e.g. YOU, for the God forbid comment) who refuses to listen to an entire genre just because I don't like some artists.

Most of my library is rap, but I have plenty of other genres too.  I have Eminem, I have Michael Jackson, I have Guns N' Roses, I have Goldfrapp, I have Daft Punk, I have Bob Marley, I have Billy Joel, I have Iron Maiden, I have Public Enemy. 

You're an idiot for pretending one genre is horrible just because you don't like it.

It's horrible in my opinion. I can barely stand it. I'm allowed to have a right. But because you're complaining, so I'll take it off.

Only thing worse than Rap is listening to some guy complain and moan.
The only thing worse than an idiot is actually dealing with one.
So how long are you going to keep this up to get the last word? Mature. But then again....
You're replying as well, so it looks like you're the immature one.  How much rap have you listened to?  A few songs on the radio?  Have you ever looked for GOOD stuff?   If I were to do that with Rock I'd look at Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and the other generic s*** on the radio and go "omg rawk sux cox im not even gonna look for other stuff."  But of course, as some one who actually likes music for musical value, I know that the radio reflects the interests of the average American(read: not that bright), so the music on the radio isn't an accurate depiction of what the genre has to offer.
Do you know how much rap I hear every day at school? I must have heard at least 300+ songs by now by various artists. The genre isn't crap, but I like other Genres vastly better. For example, if you had the chance to spend your money on an album that you thought was ok, and one that you thought was awesome, what would you rather spend it on?

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR

Syncopathic

Quote from: Redpaige13 on March 08, 2008, 07:10:27 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 07:07:33 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 07:01:25 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 07:00:17 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 06:59:23 PM
Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 06:46:39 PM
I listen to anything, I'm not an uneducated dips*** (e.g. YOU, for the God forbid comment) who refuses to listen to an entire genre just because I don't like some artists.

Most of my library is rap, but I have plenty of other genres too.  I have Eminem, I have Michael Jackson, I have Guns N' Roses, I have Goldfrapp, I have Daft Punk, I have Bob Marley, I have Billy Joel, I have Iron Maiden, I have Public Enemy. 

You're an idiot for pretending one genre is horrible just because you don't like it.

It's horrible in my opinion. I can barely stand it. I'm allowed to have a right. But because you're complaining, so I'll take it off.

Only thing worse than Rap is listening to some guy complain and moan.
The only thing worse than an idiot is actually dealing with one.
So how long are you going to keep this up to get the last word? Mature. But then again....
You're replying as well, so it looks like you're the immature one.  How much rap have you listened to?  A few songs on the radio?  Have you ever looked for GOOD stuff?   If I were to do that with Rock I'd look at Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, and the other generic poop on the radio and go "omg rawk sux cox im not even gonna look for other stuff."  But of course, as some one who actually likes music for musical value, I know that the radio reflects the interests of the average American(read: not that bright), so the music on the radio isn't an accurate depiction of what the genre has to offer.
There are some really good rap songs out there.

But no country music songs. D<
Country sucks, I don't know how my cousin likes it...
This coming from the Mexican.

JMV

Quote from: Redpaige13 on March 08, 2008, 07:10:27 PM

There are some really good rap songs out there.

But no country music songs. D<
I can't say I've heard any country songs that I've enjoyed but I don't think it is horrible.  It's just not something I'm interested in.
Quote from: Jono2 on March 08, 2008, 07:11:28 PM

there are one or two johnny cash songs that were okay, like ring of fire.

but other than that, the rest of the genre is poop.
oh poop forgot about johnny cash.

i rescind the "I haven't heard any country I like" comment.  Johnny Cash is cool.

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Redpaige13

Quote from: Jono2 on March 08, 2008, 07:11:28 PM
there are one or two johnny cash songs that were okay, like ring of fire.

but other than that, the rest of the genre is poop.
I can't believe I forgot about Johnny Cash.. Dx

But then again, I never really thought of him as a Country Music star.

FORNICATION BABY!

JMV

Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 07:12:18 PM

Do you know how much rap I hear every day at school? I must have heard at least 300+ songs by now by various artists. The genre isn't crap, but I like other Genres vastly better. For example, if you had the chance to spend your money on an album that you thought was ok, and one that you thought was awesome, what would you rather spend it on?
Have you heard any stuff by Aesop Rock, Public Enemy, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, CunninLynguists, KRS-One, Nas, 2Pac, Pharoahe Monch, Sabac Red?

Syncopathic

Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 07:17:15 PM

Have you heard any stuff by Aesop Rock, Public Enemy, Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks, CunninLynguists, KRS-One, Nas, 2Pac, Pharoahe Monch, Sabac Red?
Let's not forget Mobb Deep, Nas, and BTNH.

JMV

Quote from: Sceptile on March 08, 2008, 07:18:24 PM

nas is before 2pac lol

I could have made that list much longer.   I'm betting his "various artists" consisted of T-Pain, Soulja Boy, Dem Franchize Boys, Flo Rida, 50 Cent, D4L, Jermaine Dupri, and a few other people who aren't nearly as great as artists that are lesser known.

LinkXLR

Quote from: JMV290 on March 08, 2008, 07:21:30 PM

nas is before 2pac lol

I could have made that list much longer.   I'm betting his "various artists" consisted of T-Pain, Soulja Boy, Dem Franchize Boys, Flo Rida, 50 Cent, D4L, Jermaine Dupri, and a few other people who aren't nearly as great as artists that are lesser known.

Oh yeah, he's on my list of people to smite.

But I'm not really interested in rap, so you can just stop. If you have anything that's similar to Gorillaz I might check it out.

Redpaige13

Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 07:24:21 PM

nas is before 2pac lol

But I'm not really interested in rap, so you can just stop. If you have anything that's similar to Gorillaz I might check it out.
Blur.

FORNICATION BABY!

Hero_Of_Time1

Yo yo yo, what's up with it hommies.  I likes deezs black beats of teh 80's and 90's. Werd up.

I'm the only one who selected classical D:

I like easy listening, alt rock, 90's type stuff like STP, Sound garden, alice in chains.. etc.
Uhhh... I recently started to get into Metal again.
I love oldies too.

"Talkin' 'bout my girl. My girl. Ooooh, Hoooo."

Riosan

Mostly some form of rock or alternative music: classic rock, piano rock, etc. There's some video game music, and then electronic music.

It varies.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

LinkXLR

Quote from: Redpaige13 on March 08, 2008, 07:27:11 PM

nas is before 2pac lol

Blur.

Oooooo. I like it. Thanks.

Redpaige13

Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 07:30:11 PM

nas is before 2pac lol

Blur.

I knew you would.  lol

FORNICATION BABY!

Syncopathic

Quote from: Redpaige13 on March 08, 2008, 07:32:44 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on March 08, 2008, 07:30:11 PM

nas is before 2pac lol

Blur.

I knew you would.  lol
I want a new Gorillaz album to come out... I've listened to Demon Dayz too much now...

JMV

intercourse ing poop dicks. I forgot Lupe Fiasco and Wu-Tang clan from that list even if it was only intended to be an incomplete list.

Quote from: Hero_Of_Time1 on March 08, 2008, 07:27:55 PM
Yo yo yo, what's up with it hommies.  I likes deezs black beats of teh 80's and 90's. Werd up.
"Homies" only has one m. Hip-Hop is also far from being "black music", there are far more whites in it than it seems like.  A lot of the producers are white.  Once you leave the mainstream circle you'll see a significantly more equal arena in the racial make up of the music.  In the mainstream you have Eminem, and only recently have Bubba Sparxxx and Paul Wall show up(though I don't really care much for the last 2).  On the underground scene, there are far more.  

R.A. The Rugged Man, Aesop Rock, Vinnie Paz, Kno, Diabolic, Sage Francis, Apathy, Esoteric, Slug, Cage, Ill Bill, and many more are all white.