News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Destroy A Game/Apparently Vent About Games You Were Disappointed By

Started by Doodle, February 08, 2009, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

Give one way to destroy a perfectly good game.
Give it the best online, but a 64 digit friend code that changes every week.

GO.
YEAH

Nayrman

Copy OoT, but make it too easy, put pointless fetch quests, gimmicky motion controls, and a half-assed story...

OH WAIT...

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2009, 03:57:07 PM
Copy OoT, but make it too easy, put pointless fetch quests, gimmicky motion controls, and a half-assed story...

OH WAIT...
Don't forget an oversized map that you won't use half of the time!
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Tupin

Quote from: SolidSNK on February 08, 2009, 03:58:03 PM

OH WAIT...
Ooh, don't forget the emotionless characters that you can see their role in the story from a mile away!

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tupin on February 08, 2009, 04:00:01 PM
Quote from: SolidSNK on February 08, 2009, 03:58:03 PM

OH WAIT...
Ooh, don't forget the emotionless characters that you can see their role in the story from a mile away!
There were no roles. Bulbax (or whatever the pig riding dude's name was) was only there for filler...
We could go on forever about TP alone...so I guess something else. (worst 3D Zelda, by far)

Let's see...
Take an exploration game, but make it beyond linear, add shoddy voice acting and side characters no one likes, and make at least two wholly uninteresting sections due to them practically being a straight path.

Oh wait... X_X;;

Lotos

Take brawl, remove online and SSE.

Nayrman

Quote from: Lotos on February 08, 2009, 04:07:46 PM
actually I'd consider those improvements based on how bad both of them were... X_X;;

Jono2

expand on your previous smash hit by doing the exact same thing, except restricting ammo use, limiting exploration, implementing a damaging environment to discourage exploration, making 90% of the bosses easy and 10% unbeatable the first time through, use the same story that everyone else has used for the last 10 years, while not expanding at all on the one established in the previous title, making half of the game dreary, boring, and monotonous, add in an even bigger fetch quest than the previous game, except this time make it so that you can't collect them on the way

oh

wait.

I can do another one of these too! :D

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Zovistograt

Make a game where you fly through extremely expansive and fantastic worlds and then force the player to be on a rail the whole time.

...I'm still annoyed at that.  I don't care if the original was like that too.  It's stupid.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Silverhawk79

Take an FPS, but add card-based elements!

Doodle

Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2009, 04:09:25 PM
actually I'd consider those improvements based on how bad both of them were... X_X;;
I actually kind of liked the SSE... :P
And the online was ok once you fixed up your connection. But it was still laggy if you did With Anyone matches.
YEAH

Nayrman

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on February 08, 2009, 04:16:04 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 08, 2009, 04:09:25 PM
I actually kind of liked the SSE... :P
And the online was ok once you fixed up your connection. But it was still laggy if you did With Anyone matches.
It's just laggy regardless...just not as much with friends because you know who you are connecting to. Too bad Nintendo won't actually pony up for some darn servers.
SSE was okay, it had it's moments but it was still just a generic beat 'em up. The boss battles were epic in a way.

Tupin

Oh, and here's a good one:
Take a game where the only reason someone would play it is that they could go fast and add team elements that require you to slow down, three unneeded difficulty levels, and add in a theme song to make it somewhat better.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Take Devil May Cry, but slap a black emo anthromorphic hedgehog's on it instead of Dante...

Jono2

Quote from: Tupin on February 08, 2009, 04:22:31 PM
Oh, and here's a good one:
Take a game where the only reason someone would play it is that they could go fast and add team elements that require you to slow down, three unneeded difficulty levels, and add in a theme song to make it somewhat better.

which one is that?

and come on, nobody got the MP2 reference? :\

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen