News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Destroy A Game/Apparently Vent About Games You Were Disappointed By

Started by Doodle, February 08, 2009, 03:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mario583

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006

Rush it, give it hellova lot of glitches, and long loading times every time you start a mission and going to the next segment.

OH WAIT.........

Silverhawk79

Quote from: SolidSNK on February 08, 2009, 07:11:33 PM
Take a great shooting game that could work perfectly in multiplayer, but give it only four maps, no online, no character depth, and a attach a lousy swordplay aspect to it.
What game was that? D:

Rayquarian

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on February 08, 2009, 07:32:54 PM
Take a great shooting game that could work perfectly in multiplayer, but give it only four maps, no online, no character depth, and a attach a lousy swordplay aspect to it.
What game was that? D:
My guess would be Red Steel.

Kilroy

Red steel was intercourse ing amazing :|
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

jnfs2014

Take a Super Mario 64, add sucky fillers to it to make it better, include stupid characters/worthless bunnies, and put it on a D-pad system at $35. Oh wait.

yes.derek

Take every bad aspect of a game that already exists, then add oh wait to the end of the sentence.

Oh wait.
HEY LOOK HEY

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: Byte on February 08, 2009, 07:38:47 PM
Red steel was intercourse ing amazing :|
I liked the multiplayer, but it feels so skin deep. The awkward sword controls made it such a ninny to use them at all (you mostly die trying to), and when trying to reload you almost always accidentally use it.

Nothing about the single player was fun. Go on straight path killing guys, kill relatively easy dude with a sword, repeat until you get to the last dude in the level who is impossibly hard to beat and by then you forgot all your sword moves.
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: Jono2 on February 08, 2009, 09:23:41 PM
metroid prime 3

oh wait
i lold

works for metroid prime 2 although the previously mentioned description works too

Jono2

Quote from: SolidSNK on February 08, 2009, 09:46:55 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 08, 2009, 09:23:41 PM
metroid prime 3

oh wait
i lold

works for metroid prime 2 although the previously mentioned description works too

haha, yep.  basically what they did from prime to prime 2 x 2.

Captain Justice

Quote from: Jono2 on February 08, 2009, 04:11:51 PM
expand on your previous smash hit by doing the exact same thing, except restricting ammo use, limiting exploration, implementing a damaging environment to discourage exploration, making 90% of the bosses easy and 10% unbeatable the first time through, use the same story that everyone else has used for the last 10 years, while not expanding at all on the one established in the previous title, making half of the game dreary, boring, and monotonous, add in an even bigger fetch quest than the previous game, except this time make it so that you can't collect them on the way

oh

wait.

I can do another one of these too! :D
I liked Echoes, and Corruption is the best game on the Wii, hands down. (of course, considering that every game on the Wii is God awful.......well I still thought corruption was good).

Oh and if you want to ruin a game, just ask Sakurai. He did a great job of destroying a series.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Titus Andronicus

Quote from: Frigid_Aztec on February 08, 2009, 10:31:42 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on February 08, 2009, 04:11:51 PM
expand on your previous smash hit by doing the exact same thing, except restricting ammo use, limiting exploration, implementing a damaging environment to discourage exploration, making 90% of the bosses easy and 10% unbeatable the first time through, use the same story that everyone else has used for the last 10 years, while not expanding at all on the one established in the previous title, making half of the game dreary, boring, and monotonous, add in an even bigger fetch quest than the previous game, except this time make it so that you can't collect them on the way

oh

wait.

I can do another one of these too! :D
I liked Echoes, and Corruption is the best game on the Wii, hands down. (of course, considering that every game on the Wii is God awful.......well I still thought corruption was good).

Oh and if you want to ruin a game, just ask Sakurai. He did a great job of destroying a series.
That's a stretch. While Brawl doesn't compare to Melee, I wouldn't call it a bad game by any means.

Captain Justice

Idk I just couldn't enjoy the game, I tried so hard to but I just got bored of it. It was so casual.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Jono2

Quote from: Frigid_Aztec on February 08, 2009, 10:43:46 PM
Idk I just couldn't enjoy the game, I tried so hard to but I just got bored of it. It was so casual.

I have the same stance on it.  I played melee basically until Brawl came out.  it was just THAT GOOD.

MP2 was a good game, but it was a vast departure from what the series is about (well, fusion did it first, but retro didn't develop that game).

As I've always said, MP2 is a good game if not metroid, but the instant you factor it into what the metroid series has been (metroid, super metroid, prime, 2) and how exploration-based they were, MP2 feels incredibly restrictive.

MP3 is the best game on the wii (though No More Heroes with like... double the length would be better IMO), and a great game, but it just doesn't match up to what the series used to be.

The Riddler