News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Collections/hobbies?

Started by Dog Food, June 18, 2009, 07:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Is there anything you are seriously into collection? Or a hobby that's become an everyday part of your life? I've never been good at either of these things. I get bored quickly and can never stick with anything.

But, I did start collecting Snapple bottle caps a few weeks ago. I think the facts on the bottom are interesting, and I like popping the caps. My boyfriend drinks Snapple a lot, so I just have him give me the caps when he's done. I only have somewhere between 10 and 20 (I'm not sure I've never counted), but I'm steadily getting more. My favorite one says, "Ulysses Simpson Grant once got a $20.00 fine for speeding on his horse." And yes, I know I can get these facts all online... But it's so much more fun to collect the bottle caps D:.

So, any collections/hobbies that are interesting or you'd like to share?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Red

I collect Beatles memorabilia, but not to a great extent. A few posters etc. However, I do have a 1967 original Sgt. Pepper's album that used to be my dad's. I love that thing.

Other than that, nope.

Nayrman

I'm actually a pack rat. I have NP's from years ago as well as EGM's. Most of them are very dusty since they've been laying in a draw under my bed for years.

Same goes for my binders filled with pokemon cards. I still have my Holo Charizard from the original packs, as well as Blastoise, Chansey, and some other good ones. I also have the original legit Ancient Mew card given to the premiere of the second movie. I also have plenty of Japanese ones, like all the original tropical island 3-pack sets that had Ledyba in it before G/S games were even released.

I have some old games, but I don't really collect them. I do have an SNES cart of Mario All-Stars + Mario World, as well as F-Zero and A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, Donkey Kong Country 3, and Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters (a game I've never seen anyone else own in person).

I tend to collect anime series that can actually be collected. Basically anything in series/season sets that are less than 50 episodes. None of this DBZ crap that's like 11 seasons and boxed for like forty bucks per season X_X;; The most I ever spent on a single anime was FMA, which was 25 bucks per half season, as well as the movie.

Tupin

I collect vintage electronics. Lots of old games/systems, etc.

Oh, and outdated video formats/computers. I just finished watching The Wizard on LaserDisc.  ;D

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.