News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

I've never had strep throat until now...

Started by Zero, March 19, 2010, 09:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

...but now I see why people complain about it all the time. I feel worse off than when I get the Flu for crying out loud. No energy, aches everywhere, i'm really out of it, i can hardly talk or breathe and when i do it hurts, and i can't sleep because i can barely breathe.

Doc says i'll be fine and was surprised it advanced so fast. Got some antibiotics and I'll be okay as long as I don't do anything reckless this weekend. He advised me to sleep as much as possible but how can I when I can't...well..sleep? lol

ITT: Being sick and why we were idiots when we were kids for being thankful for being sick

I had that once when I was in 1st or 2nd grade.
...̅̅̅

Red

I finished taking my antibiotics for my strep last Monday. It blows. But I've had it so many times (once ever 2-3 years or so. Sometimes more often.) that I know how to handle it. Strange enough it's the only thing I've ever gotten that's doctor worthy. He suggested removing my tonsils, but then he contradicted himself and said I don't get it often enough.

So yeah, poop sucks.

Magnum

I got that during Christmas (actually, I get it EVERY DAMN CHRISTMAS  D:) and I'm usually out for two weeks. The bad part is I still have to go to school and do finals...

I hate Christmas time.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Rayquarian

I got that once while I was on a trip to Texas to see some people I can't even remember.

Friendly Hostile

I used to get it yearly as a kid.  But it was just the sore throat and a lot of heavy coughing.  I was still able to function for the most part.  I just wasn't allowed near people while still contagious.

The Seventh

I've only had it twice, and yeah, it blows.

Pretty much everything you said: aches, fever, little energy.
I never had it bad enough to have difficulty breathing, though...
meh

StarWindWizard7

I can't remember the last time I got that.

I'm sure it's been a while.
NOW though, I'm still sick from this horrible cough/sneeze semi running nose that's been on me for the last 3 1/2 weeks. -_-

L10

I used to get it a lot as a kid. And one year it was really bad, everyone in my house got it at least twice. One would catch it from the other, and by the time it made it to the last person in the house, it mutated enough for the first person to catch it again. I think when it was going on it's third time around my mom went and cloroxed and bleached everything in the house.
0o!f

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: L10 on March 20, 2010, 10:12:14 AM
I used to get it a lot as a kid. And one year it was really bad, everyone in my house got it at least twice. One would catch it from the other, and by the time it made it to the last person in the house, it mutated enough for the first person to catch it again. I think when it was going on it's third time around my mom went and cloroxed and bleached everything in the hosue.
I LOL'D :D
Sounds like a good idea.

Lotos

Right now, I either have a cold, allergies, or an upper respiratory infection.

Doodle

I don't think I've ever had full blown strep throat.
Just sore throats that come with colds, which I'm having to deal with right now.
YEAH

Thirdkoopa

Sore throat is one of the worst pains I've ever gone through for me personally; I just don't like it at all. I can't remember if I've had strep throat before and I doubt I've had but If it really does blow sore throats out of water then I'm screwed.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

I've had it so many times I think I'm immune to it now >_>

Seriously, everyone around me can have chronic strep, and I'll get nothing. Weird immunities are nice. :U

Can you even be immune to strep?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: K on March 20, 2010, 05:24:52 PM
I've had it so many times I think I'm immune to it now >_>

Seriously, everyone around me can have chronic strep, and I'll get nothing. Weird immunities are nice. :U

Can you even be immune to strep?

Well, yeah. Eventually your body has enough antibodies for it that it just stops affecting you.