News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

AP classes are a pain, but they're worth it

Started by Chris8492, March 29, 2010, 06:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris8492

Ok, i've been getting slammed by school lately. AP subjects are starting to get annoying so im switching to IB next year.

This also got in the way of my Fanfic partner editing with a friend of mine and my own works.

They are hard classes, but they are worth it for colleges.

EDIT: IB classes give more credits for college than AP for some reason  :|

What do you think?

Titus Andronicus

Definitely worth it. I'm a second year student technically because of the credits transferred over. I really still need to get on with transferring my history credit too...
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Cornwad

I'm taking all AP classes next year, but they aren't anything special. The good schools don't even look at AP test scores these days. Right now all the AP classes are flooded with people who probably shouldn't be there, but then again that's probably why I'm in so many.

Kilroy

I'm doing AP Global History right now, taking APUSH next year, doing AP Chem, AP Writing, and if it exists, AP English in my Senior year.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: Cornwad on March 29, 2010, 10:09:51 AM
I'm taking all AP classes next year, but they aren't anything special. The good schools don't even look at AP test scores these days. Right now all the AP classes are flooded with people who probably shouldn't be there, but then again that's probably why I'm in so many.
Bull intercourse ing poop.

If you do well across the board in AP, it looks darn impressive to colleges.

Cornwad

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 29, 2010, 11:48:52 AM
Bull intercourse ing poop.

If you do well across the board in AP, it looks darn impressive to colleges.
If you do well in any class it looks good. AP is the new honors. If you don't get into AP classes you're a slacker.

It's not so much that being in AP helps as it is that not being in AP hurts.

えっちーせんぱい

Grades shouldn't be everything, intercourse  the education system.

Anarchy_Jas

I wish I had dropped APUS. I did good on the AP Test, but the class sucked. -_- AP English is okay though.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Chris8492

Quote from: えっちーせんぱい on March 29, 2010, 06:15:21 PM
Grades shouldn't be everything, intercourse  the education system.

i know what you're saying. There are people out there that had straight A's, and their bosses are people who got C's maybe D's.

You just need to be a good person in general and have connections. 95% of the time you will be backed down if you're bad with people

Cornwad

Quote from: AcerChris on March 29, 2010, 07:46:36 PM
i know what you're saying. There are people out there that had straight A's, and their bosses are people who got C's maybe D's.

You just need to be a good person in general and have connections. 95% of the time you will be backed down if you're bad with people
But to be fair, most people who get Cs and Ds tend to end up having jobs that you would expect such a person to have. A person with good grades isn't necessarily 'smart', but it shows that they're willing to get work done. 

Zero

I hardly have any time at all, recently. AP Eng Lit, AP Macro, Calc BC, and AP Physics have been wearing me out.

I suppose it is nice to know that I'm not the only one overworked. I did choose this path though, so whatever. Spring Break starts on Wednesday, thank god.

L10

AP is just for over achievers. All I've seen it do is give you more homework to complain about. The classes I take now is probably going to get me into the college I want.
0o!f

Mikoyan

AP classes are the epitome of evil. I know humans do some depraved poop, but I didn't know they could do this.

I'm really disappointed that I didn't even come close to achieving AP scholar in my junior year though ;_;

Friendly Hostile

Quote from: L10 on March 29, 2010, 09:06:20 PM
AP is just for over achievers. All I've seen it do is give you more homework to complain about. The classes I take now is probably going to get me into the college I want.
Uh hi, I get to finish college before everyone else in my class, meaning I pay less in tuition.  Or at the very least, have some room to play around with if I want to take it slow. 

Syncopathic

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on March 29, 2010, 11:27:10 PM
Uh hi, I get to finish college before everyone else in my class, meaning I pay less in tuition.  Or at the very least, have some room to play around with if I want to take it slow. 
And this kids, is why you want to take AP classes.
Then you can slack off while you slack off.