News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Forums - Working Title

Started by Dog Food, July 19, 2010, 03:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Hi. Signing up as a producer.

May sign up as more. Also Spud is signing up for something. Hate me now, Spud. </3
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

The Riddler

Zovistograt

If it's not too demanding, I could act.  Also, if you need music, I might be able to be of service...after I finish the CD-R solo album I'm working on, since that takes priority right now...
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Dog Food

Quote from: BFB on July 22, 2010, 04:22:08 AM
I can write scripts in proper format.  Also, I'm a writer.  As for acting . . . I dunno, I'd need to check to see if I've got the proper equipment to do so.
Great, more scriptwriting is appreciated. And you can get back to me on the acting. Having an actual actor would be great for the quality, though.

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on July 23, 2010, 07:22:18 PM
Hi. Signing up as a producer.

May sign up as more. Also Spud is signing up for something. Hate me now, Spud. </3
You'd definitely make a good producer, since you have so many forum experiences. Also, if you're capable of making a banner or something, then that would be great, too.

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on July 23, 2010, 07:29:51 PM
ill act as well
Okay, I'll put you down for that, too.

Quote from: Zovistograt on July 23, 2010, 07:36:23 PM
If it's not too demanding, I could act.  Also, if you need music, I might be able to be of service...after I finish the CD-R solo album I'm working on, since that takes priority right now...
Yes music would be awesome! And I'll find a small, less demanding role you could play.

OKAY THEN. I'm working on ideas at the moment. But now that I've got a lot of people willing to work on this project, except PM's regarding your roles, etc, soon. I just need to create a spec script and then we can really begin this project.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Magnum

I believe everyone and anyone that has played with me on Live knows that I can be 'Kid' with ease. I will audition for that role and any others you want me to. My voice range is almost limitless, so I could fill out the cast with myself if needed be (which it isn't)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

Quote from: Magnum on July 25, 2010, 02:20:09 AM
I believe everyone and anyone that has played with me on Live knows that I can be 'Kid' with ease. I will audition for that role and any others you want me to. My voice range is almost limitless, so I could fill out the cast with myself if needed be (which it isn't)
Sweet. I may actually have "auditions" or at least have all the actors give me a small performance to see which role would fit them best.

I've fleshed out the roles a bit more, too. They all have names, ages, character traits, etc. Potential actors can look into the character bios and decide which role you want to pursue.

[spoiler=Character Bios]The Trio
KJ

Andrew Wilby
AKA: Andy
He's a nineteen year old freshman at college, living in a messy dorm with an unseen roommate. Very temperamental, and very ambitious. He's a nice guy, though. He doesn't tread over his friends to reach his goals, but he is competitive and he does want a staff position. He has is friends, KJ and David, and then he has his enemies... like Reaper (vying for staff) and Kane (Head Admin).

David
AKA: David
Everything else seems to be unknown about David. All that we really know is that he is the voice of reason in our trio. A level-headed and calm guy who never shows too much of any emotion. A taciturn. He secretly wants to be a moderator on the forums, but his unbiased judgement and keen intellect seem to go unnoticed by his superiors. It's probably his unwillingness to play the politics of the game and really get in there and be ambitious that stop him from being recognized by the staff as anything more than a helpful member.

The Gamers
Miles Keys
AKA: Miles
A sixteen year old (junior in high school), hyperactive gamer. Possibly has ADHD. Or maybe just hyped up on sugar? He constantly has a Coke in his hand, his choice drink, and a controller in the other. He has a group he regularly joins up with for ass-kicking in various games (Reaper and Suber). He's kind of poor, which can be subtly noticed by the quality of his things. Miles is not part of the forums.

Tom McHue
AKA: 6Rea6per6, Reaper
A seventeen year old (junior in high school) skater punk with a pompous attitude and lots of money. He's rich and he acts rich. But is there bitterness deep down? He makes fun of Miles for being poor, but at least Miles has loving parents. Reaper's parents completely ignore his existence. Reaper hides this fact, but it comes out in its subtle ways. Reaper vies for staff on the forums, against Andy. Kane likes Reaper better, and sides with him when Reaper and Andy get into flame wars. But despite being kind of an poop hole prick, Reaper always comes through in the end. Like all bullies, he has that hidden soft side.

Corey Wang
AKA: SuberAsian, Suber
A seventeen year old (senior in high school) Asian. Suber is cool, funny, and slightly flamboyant. Maybe he's not gay (because if he is, he's in the closet or in denial), but he's definitely comfortable with his sexuality. He's got the most social life out of any of them, girlfriends, sex, parties... He has fun and he maintains good grades. Plus a humble amount of nerdiness. Like Miles, he isn't part of the forums.

Other Forum Members
GoldEagle80
The Site Creator. Basically put in Silver's personality here, and you've got Gold. Even if he is never used, he will definitely be mentioned.

Kane
Cool, calculating and corrupt. But still a good Head Admin. He likes to exploit his members for his entertainment, but when something happens to the site, he is the first and last on the scene and always the one to fix the error (often caused by Gold). He may never be played or voiced, but he may be seen in chats and definitely will be mentioned (often by Andy in rage or Reaper in satisfaction).[/spoiler]

A pilot script is in the works. After the script is done, it will be sent to the potential actors. Then we can do some testing and figure out the casting. Once casting is complete, we can get into the actual filming. Exciting, right?

Neerb

Corey Wang sounds like a total Mary Sue; he gets the girls, he parties, he still somehow gets good grades, cool, funny, and... what's that? Did I see "humble" in that description, too? Characters need flaws, and unless everyone else in the show hates gays and he really is in the closet, there don't seem to be any there. Unless of course that's the whole point: he's that guy who's perfect and knows it, and you want to hate him because of it, but he's just too darn awesome and nice. That can lead to hilarity if done right.

Dog Food

Quote from: Mewtwo on July 25, 2010, 09:23:19 PM
Corey Wang sounds like a total Mary Sue; he gets the girls, he parties, he still somehow gets good grades, cool, funny, and... what's that? Did I see "humble" in that description, too? Characters need flaws, and unless everyone else in the show hates gays and he really is in the closet, there don't seem to be any there. Unless of course that's the whole point: he's that guy who's perfect and knows it, and you want to hate him because of it, but he's just too darn awesome and nice. That can lead to hilarity if done right.
His flaw would probably be that he parties and gets all the girls. No relationships that last more than a day and constant partying? Oh yes, that will lead to something.

These character bios are short and are mainly just something for the writers to get a feel for the character. It's the writer's job to give them depth, layers, really explore them and draw them out. Plus, I don't want to give away possible plot points too early in.

BOREDFOREVER

I'm already working on the piece of the pilot you posted.  I'll fold in these new details that you posted here.  PM me the arc that you have in mind so I can better flesh out the introductions being made in the pilot.

Magnum

I could do Miles, just change the drink from Coke. I despise Coke and it gives me a bad stomach ache every time I drink it. Do you have lines of dialogue or anything I need to give you for audition?

SkyMyl

Quote from: Magnum on July 27, 2010, 08:57:36 AM
I could do Miles, just change the drink from Coke. I despise Coke and it gives me a bad stomach ache every time I drink it. Do you have lines of dialogue or anything I need to give you for audition?
I've already got dibs on Gamer, bro. Hence why he's Miles.

...I'd rather drink Pepsi than Coke, though.

Dog Food

Now that there's a script to go with the names, you guys might change your minds about the role you want to play. Especially since those bios were put out as a rough draft and as I've fleshed the characters out more some things have changed.

And okay, you guys can change the drink of choice if you'd like. Just use whatever soda cans you have the most of lying around. I filled it in with Coke because we have a surplus of Diet Coke - my mom's personal favorite. But whatever suits you best can be arranged.

Also, I'm looking into potential names for the series. We can keep it as The Forums, but name suggestions are welcome.

Magnum

I've got it.

FLAME WARS

Best I've got. And MYL, you'd be a better Reaper. Or maybe I would. I dunno, I'll just audition for both parts. But I still want Miles more, so KJ, I ask that you don't give me Reaper if I do a better Miles if I'm the only one who does him.

The Riddler

Dog Food

Quote from: Magnum on July 28, 2010, 01:11:24 AM
I've got it.

FLAME WARS

Best I've got. And MYL, you'd be a better Reaper. Or maybe I would. I dunno, I'll just audition for both parts. But I still want Miles more, so KJ, I ask that you don't give me Reaper if I do a better Miles if I'm the only one who does him.
Not a bad name. And you definitely aren't the only guy auditioning for Miles. But I'll respect your request.

Quote from: It's ROBBIE! on July 28, 2010, 02:24:15 AM
Wait, who am I?
You choose who you want to audition for. So potentially any one of the six characters in the script (minus KJ).