News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The NSFCD Tater Instigator- No Descriptions Required

Started by Zeldafan422, September 24, 2007, 04:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaz

Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Custom

Quote from: Kaz on May 14, 2013, 06:25:09 PM
acid bath goes pretty hard, good stuff

i'll take any recommendations for stuff similar to that

or any doom metal you strongly recommend

i know /mu/ always tells me to listen to Electric Wizard but I just don't think it's my kind of thing.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Kaz

well Electric Wizard is pretty classic, Sabbath-style doom. i can understand being a bit bored by them but i do think that Dopethrone is an excellent album

either way, as far as the major doom classics go, Sleep is a better band imo. Sleep's Holy Mountain is basically a doom/stoner masterpiece and a holy grail that all will forever bow down to

Melvins were one of the progenitors of doom/stoner rock (as well as sort of starting grunge and sludge) and their album Bullhead is pretty essential. Houdini is their most famous album but honestly not their best. a good starting point though. but it's less doomy and more stonery/sludgy/grungy. Gluey Porch Treatments is pretty straight up stoner/doom/sludge. Bullhead's their best though.

Boris is a band that does everything from doom to drone to sludge to crust punk to post-rock to straight up noise. definitely check them out if you want to hear the droney side of doom. but they're much more than that, as well. i dunno. essential albums include Pink, Flood, Feedbacker, Akuma no Uta

and if you like drone doom you're basically gonna go right into Sunn o))) and Earth from there as well as any collaborations between the aforementioned bands (especially the amazing Sunn/Boris combo "Altar")

there are plenty of others, too, and a lot of sludge metal has crossovers with doom and stoner

speaking of sludge, Eyehategod is intercourse ing amazing. Take as Needed for Pain is an absolute classic.

other wonderful sludge bands include Melvins (again, yes), Kylesa, the ever-popular Mastodon, and Iron Monkey

also, an aside: Black Flag's "My War" album's B-side three tracks are often considered a heavy inspiration for what would become sludge...and this was from a hardcore punk band! side A is all hardcore punk though.

i could really keep going forever here

Jesu - they play doom and post-rock and progressive metal

Wreck and Reference - they play doom and drone and post-rock and sad stuff

Buzzoven and Down - both bands in the new orleans sludge scene along with the aforementioned Eyehategod. "NOLA" by Down is considered a classic

Ghost - this is kind of a combo of doom and psychedelic rock, check out Opus Eponymous album. solid.

Candlemass is kinda like epic doom??? cool stuff

MAN I COULD KEEP GOING FOREVER SERIOUSLY THESE GENRES RULE

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kaz on May 14, 2013, 04:46:43 PM
i literally came back because tapmusic was down and people were posting collages with nsfcd in the url

sludge metal intercourse ing rules so hard

i just bought an Eyehategod record recently it's so intercourse ing tight
wait are you a /mu/tant too
hi

Kaz

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 14, 2013, 09:34:29 PM
wait are you a /mu/tant too
hi

i'm not, but a lot of my friends are. you'd know some of them, probably. assuming they use trips. njittie, greg/gregoryzero, brad...would he call himself bradtollman on /mu/??? i dunno really

i used to talk to loligagging sometimes but he's kind of a prick and i guess he left the internet forever

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kaz on May 14, 2013, 09:45:46 PM
i'm not, but a lot of my friends are. you'd know some of them, probably. assuming they use trips. njittie, greg/gregoryzero, brad...would he call himself bradtollman on /mu/??? i dunno really

i used to talk to loligagging sometimes but he's kind of a prick and i guess he left the internet forever
Brad Tollman sounds really familiar.

Zero

i remember i tried so hard to get my friends into Acid Bath but no matter how hard I tried they just wanted to listen to dragonforce and children of bodom

Kaz

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 15, 2013, 09:38:03 AM
Brad Tollman sounds really familiar.

also njittie might actually use 2hupoop as a trip i'm not really sure because i don't go there and all i really have to go by are their tumblr names

Quote from: Zero on May 15, 2013, 09:50:41 AM
i remember i tried so hard to get my friends into Acid Bath but no matter how hard I tried they just wanted to listen to dragonforce and children of bodom

wow lol

dragonforce and cob are legitimately bad

Custom

Zero

Quote from: Kaz on May 15, 2013, 12:08:11 PM
wow lol

dragonforce and cob are legitimately bad

They have some alright stuff I guess, but yeah, I'm not exactly a fan of either.

buttlord420

Kaz

Custom

Kaz

Quote from: Custom on May 15, 2013, 03:32:31 PM
lol @ 'real metal'

i know right lol

in all seriousness though yeah i don't like dragonfireepicjourneycastleforce or children of bodom