News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

OMG!

Started by Waveburner, December 18, 2007, 06:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waveburner

I started playing my silver version again and started a new file. Then, I played for an hour, saved, came back to it and the file was gone!!! Does anybody know how to fix my game from deleting my saved files?

Riosan

IIRC, there's no way to recover. The thing that lets the game save broke, and the game can't be saved anymore. The same thing happened to me.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Waveburner

X_Hero

What happened was that the internal battery died. There was a guide to replacing it on the old Nsider, but since Nsider's gone... :(

Zovistograt

The internal battery probably died.  This is happening with a lot of old game cartridges, sadly :(

You have to have some basic soddering skills to put a new one in.  There are guides on the Internet.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Yoshi_R

Waveburner

Quote from: Yoshi_Revoultion on December 18, 2007, 06:29:37 PM
This may help  ;)

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/pokemon_and_nintendo_gameboy_advance_cant_save_dry_battery.html

this really doesn't help all that much. I guess I'm going to have to somehow get that screwdriver and replace the old battery.

Silverhawk79

Same thing happened to my Crystal version. :(

Llama on Steroids

Quote from: Waveburner on December 18, 2007, 06:17:43 PM
I started playing my silver version again and started a new file. Then, I played for an hour, saved, came back to it and the file was gone!!! Does anybody know how to fix my game from deleting my saved files?
It happened to me too. No way to get rid of it, sorry.  :(

Waveburner

hey, I was searching the serebii forums and I found another way to fix the save problem :D

1. Turn your GBC/GBA/GBA SP with the G/S/C in it on.
2. Start a new game. Set your prefrences.
3. Save at Elm's or early in the game.
4. If you have a GBA SP, (its much easier with one) turn the light off and put it to charge overnight or for a long time.
5. Your G/S/C cartdridge is barely alive, so the best situation would be to play your heart out and keep leaving it on for hours.
6. When you reach 100 play hours, your internal battery shall be fully recharged, and your game should work as normal.