Started by DSWiiMaster42, January 09, 2008, 02:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSWiiMaster42

Title: NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Publisher: Sega
Developer: Sonic Team
Genre: Adventure/Flying
ESRB Rating: Everyone

Let's go into the Sega Time Machine and set the year to 1996. Back then, Sega made a game for the Saturn called NiGHTS into Dreams. The game was about two kids, Elliot and Claris. They go into a dream world and meet a magical purple jester known as NiGHTS. This was one of the best games on the Saturn, and Saturn didn't have very many good games anyway. Over the years, people were demanding a sequel, but before Sonic Team started to make a sequel, NiGHTS and the other characters made cameos in Sonic games (and other Sega games as well). Now we'll go to 2007. Sonic Team decides to make a sequel, and they make it for Wii. Now, NiGHTS has changed a little from the first game and she has a lot of new transformations: fish, roller coaster, boat, etc. NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams is definitely the sequel that the fans have been waiting for.

Story: 7/10
Instead of Elliot and Claris, the two kids in this game are Will and...I can't remember the girl's name. Just like the first game, the kids go into a dream world and meet NiGHTS. NiGHTS helps get rid of the nightmare creatures and defeat Reala and Wizeman.

Graphics: 8/10
Very beautiful graphics. Just like the original, the characters and levels look great, but the graphics of course aren't as blocky as the original game. NiGHTS now has big blue eyes and her jester hat is a darker purple, and Reala looks totally badass.

Sound: 9.5/10
The best music I've ever heard on a Wii game besides Super Mario Galaxy. The voice acting is good too, but most people prefer NiGHTS without a voice.

Gameplay/Controls: 8.5/10
There are 4 control types: Wii remote only (point the Wii remote in the direction you want to fly), Nunchuk with Wii remote (highly recommended. Use the nunchuk to fly, press the B button to do a spin attack), classic controller (recommended, but the control stick is a little too small so it's hard sometimes to do a paraloop), and Gamecube controller (haven't tried this yet). Onto gameplay: some missions are easy, others are hard. Bosses are very challenging, like the one with the chameleon that has those cards that attack you. I didn't have much time to play today because I had to continue with my homework (I'm homeschooled), but I tried the boss battle two or three times and still couldn't beat him.

Overall: 8.5/10
A good game. It's not as good as Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime Corruption though. It's worth the $50.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)