News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

The most amazing bands that nobody has heard of

Started by Eizweir, April 30, 2009, 06:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

Beatnik

Are you kidding? They're not obscure at all, I've heard them on the radio.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Tsumaru

I've taken a liking to I See Stars, but they're pretty popular around school.

tibar21

Quote from: [-Xephyr-] on April 30, 2009, 06:55:11 PM
Name them.  Go.

Lostprophets
uh no most people taht are updated with music in general have heard them.

here's a brand new band from LA called Drive A. I saw them warm up for Alkaline Trio a couple weeks ago in New Haven Connecticut. They have their first single on iTunes that you should check out. After seeing them live its safe to say  They're pretty talented. It cool to think the singer passed inches in front of me in the crowd.

A couple other low profile bands that are pretty good are Pennywise and Houston Calls.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Level_9_Chao

Streetlight Manifesto is still kind of unheard of but they tour constantly. As is Catch 22.
I also like Four Year Strong, but they're getting popular too.

I've played shows with Shortstop from Tokyo and Write What You Want. Both excellent.

Also, I've heard Rocket Boots kicks ass. [/plug]
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Shujinco2

Focus.

Neat band from Holland.

Also: Last Crack

Matt

The Beatles, oh wait. On serious note, Bill Haley and His Comets. Not very many people know them as much as they should.

yes.derek

N.E.R.D.

Not many people I know have heard of them, at least.

Also iwrestledabearonce, but not many people are into that sort of music i suppose.
HEY LOOK HEY

metroidhunter777

Liquid Tension Experiment, side project for Dream Theater. Absolutely amazing. Heck, most people have probably heard of Dream Theater, but that's one that not too many people know. They do have one hit, after all. >_>

RX-78-2

Quote from: Sgt. Pepper on May 13, 2009, 12:02:32 PM
The Beatles, oh wait. On serious note, Bill Haley and His Comets. Not very many people know them as much as they should.

I've heard "Rock Around the Clock" (amazing song), but what other songs would you recommend?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

RX-78-2

Quote from: [-Xephyr-] on April 30, 2009, 06:55:11 PM
Name them.  Go.

Lostprophets

I was going to make a thread on this.  :)

Anyway: Black Stone Cherry and Priestess (yes I know they were on GH3 but their other stuff is good too) Priestess is gaining some recognition I think, but I haven't heard anything major.

I wish I could name more, but I can't.  :(

Oh yeah, and: DIMMU BORGIR \m/
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on May 11, 2009, 07:51:33 PM
Streetlight Manifesto is still kind of unheard of but they tour constantly.

Streetlight Manifesto is actually really popular in my school at least.

and i think Flaw and Coal Chamber aren't that well known, even though their awesome.
I'm really not sure what bands are considered to be well known or not though..

Chloroform?

Here are a few great lesser known bands that people should know:

Overview, Everybody Else, The Tangent, Holy Fuck, The Kills (not as much, but still less known), and somehow nobody I've talked to in the US knows anything about Manic Street Preachers, which is a pity.

Light

Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.