News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The most amazing bands that nobody has heard of

Started by Eizweir, April 30, 2009, 06:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum

Rotovox.

At least I think they are pretty un-heard-of.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

RaceDrv709

Anyone heard of a Christian band called Downhere? They are unheard of among all my friends. The band is not new and has been active since 2001. Great lyrics, and albums; not to mention Juno and Dove award winners. Better than Kutless or Thousand Foot Krutch in my opinion, but those two bands are great as well.
Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Captain Justice

Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

RX-78-2

Quote from: Echo on June 04, 2009, 09:14:20 PM
Nobody I know has ever heard of Pearl Jam

Really? Wow. They're actually quite famous. My friends enjoy their music, as do I. They're a great band.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Metalbott

Nobody hearing of Pearl jam is ridiculous. Make new friends :P

Lost prophets are really popular, along with streetlight manifesto, but I can see friends not knowing them.

I <3 liquid tension experiment. It's like dream theater, without a terible singer! But I don't mind labries voice that much (many do though).

You all should check out The Red Paintings, The Dresden Dolls and Blonde Red heat. Crazy awesome stuff.

Silverhawk79

The Blood Brothers
Suffocate For Fuck Sake
um
Half of my music library

Captain Justice

Yeah it sucks most of my friends are only into hip-hop and rap (I actually really like hip-hop and rap, but rock is better). There are a few who like rock, but still only a few of my friends have heard of Pearl Jam though and that's only because "Even Flow" was on GHIII.
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Spam

The name of the band is Counting Crosses they rock...

Indigo

Thrice, Alkaline Trio, Motion City Soundtrack (Thrice will be in GH this time :3, try The alchemy Index, if you like harder-like music try stuff before that, they made an "Elinor Rigby" cover, but it is not all that special in my opinion, pretty good I s'pose)

Also, my friend found me a Punk Rap (yes Punk Rap, never heard of it either) band called P.O.S. and they're pretty darn awesome. Their 2009 album was freaking awesome. Like The Flobots, but pretty much better, or at least as good. I think P.O.S. is probably more hardcore.

Some Indie obscure, abstract-like bands are

Black Moth Super Rainbow, Autumn's Grey Solace (dream pop/shoegaze-like)

Get Well Soon, M83, Animal Collective (prolly heard of them :D ), Grizzly Bear, and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Animal Collective and Grizzly Bear are relatively similar.

And I tried my first Trance: Organic Waveforms - Probspot

Just download it if you like Trance, as in now. Very sure the name is Probspot.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Indigo on June 17, 2009, 06:00:40 PM
listening to "Blueberry" - Probspot

so, starting to get into good electronic? :3

this is the route I took:

DDR music
Trance
House (lol Daft Punk)
Hard House
Happy Hardcore
back to Trance for some reason
Gabber
Speedcore
J-Core
Breakcore
Noizecore

it's only a matter of time.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Indigo

Quote from: Zovistograt on June 18, 2009, 10:34:25 AM
listening to "Blueberry" - Probspot

so, starting to get into good electronic? :3

this is the route I took:

DDR music
Trance
House (lol Daft Punk)
Hard House
Happy Hardcore
back to Trance for some reason
Gabber
Speedcore
J-Core
Breakcore
Noizecore

it's only a matter of time.
I started off good then? :3

I found it on a site called What.CD, and it was a freeleech torrent, so I tried it. I liked it :3 Have any specific artists to recommend?

Java

The Beatles, no one's ever heard of them, right?

metroidhunter777

Quote from: Java on June 18, 2009, 07:20:46 PM
The Beatles, no one's ever heard of them, right?

Right, it's not like I'm even listening to them right now or anything...

Oh, did I mention An Endless Sporadic before? Can't remember...

Zovistograt

Quote from: Indigo on June 18, 2009, 06:52:50 PM
I started off good then? :3

I found it on a site called What.CD, and it was a freeleech torrent, so I tried it. I liked it :3 Have any specific artists to recommend?
for trance, Thanatos
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

tibar21

Quote from: Indigo on June 17, 2009, 06:00:40 PM
Thrice, Alkaline Trio, Motion City Soundtrack (Thrice will be in GH this time :3, try The alchemy Index, if you like harder-like music try stuff before that, they made an "Elinor Rigby" cover, but it is not all that special in my opinion, pretty good I s'pose)

Also, my friend found me a Punk Rap (yes Punk Rap, never heard of it either) band called P.O.S. and they're pretty dang awesome. Their 2009 album was freaking awesome. Like The Flobots, but pretty much better, or at least as good. I think P.O.S. is probably more hardcore.

Some Indie obscure, abstract-like bands are

Black Moth Super Rainbow, Autumn's Grey Solace (dream pop/shoegaze-like)

Get Well Soon, M83, Animal Collective (prolly heard of them :D ), Grizzly Bear, and probably a few others I'm forgetting. Animal Collective and Grizzly Bear are relatively similar.

Just download it if you like Trance, as in now. Very sure the name is Probspot.
actually alkaline trio is pretty well known. You can probably find a shirt for them at hot topic. They are amazing though. they're my favorite band
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746