News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Is Radiohead Overrated?

Started by Flying Chickens, September 27, 2011, 07:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Chickens

Yes they are. Discuss why, and also why they aren't if you think they aren't, but you'll be wrong.

CoasterKid93

Yes, they're incredibly overrated. I fail to understand what's so special about them.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Zero

I've tried to get into them on several occasions but have failed each time.

My friends that like them always tell me to listen to In Rainbows but when I do I just...don't get into it.

Kayo

Completely indifferent. I don't listen to them myself. They never struck me as "absolutely amazing" or anything.

So yeah, I guess I could say they're overrated.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

ThePowerOfOne

I never got why they are so popular either, I've tried listening to them on a few seprate occasions and didn't think they were anything special.

Custom

yes they are
their songs are boring as intercourse  and the lyrics aren't mindblowing or anything

tbh the only song i can stand to listen to is Creep, although that's the UGH TOO MAINSTREAM song the rest of their songs put me to sleep

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Ravioli

Oh yes god I intercourse ing hate the Radio Heads...more like Radio Fags! Music just hasn't been the same since the seminal metal band, Bequeath my Sorrow to the Realm of the Dead, died committing ritual suicide on stage with a bladed metal crucifix. Now it's all sheep following castrated sheep cranking out mindless derivative garbage with no instrumental talent or creativity, like these Radio Fags and their vagina-y, cookie-cutter songs like Idioteque. Hey faggot, you sound like a girl! What a vagina-y! You get an F for faggot, faggot!

PsychoYoshi

Yes. Yes they are. OK Computer is horrible. As is The Bends.

THAT BEING SAID...having forced myself to listen to most of their albums to more effectively combat the arguments of their more cultish fans...

Kid A, while still insanely overrated, is an interesting listen. Idioteque in particular is amazingly good.
The second half of The King of Limbs is pretty good (skip over all the songs before Lotus Flower).
House of Cards off of In Rainbows is also pretty good.

Important note about music: influential does not necessarily equal good. Same kind of rule apples with Nirvana, Sex Pistols, Slayer, and several other bands that are considered one of of the most important in their respective genre.

Ravioli

Custom

These guys are a bunch of idiots
thom yorke looks like an idiot, what the intercourse  is he doing

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

CoasterKid93

Quote from: Ravioli on September 27, 2011, 06:50:38 PM
Oh yes god I intercourse ing hate the Radio Heads...more like Radio Fags! Music just hasn't been the same since the seminal metal band, Bequeath my Sorrow to the Realm of the Dead, died committing ritual suicide on stage with a bladed metal crucifix. Now it's all sheep following castrated sheep cranking out mindless derivative garbage with no instrumental talent or creativity, like these Radio Fags and their vagina-y, cookie-cutter songs like Idioteque. Hey faggot, you sound like a girl! What a vagina-y! You get an F for faggot, faggot!

This pretty much sums it up.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Ravioli

Yeah, the only good album by The Radio Heads is Pablo Picasso but then they sold out and started experimenting like a bunch of fags using xylophones and computers and imaginary instruments like "Ondes Martenots" (which were probably named after some illegal immigrant Thom blew for booze money). Hey faggot, I'm not going to pay for you to be innovative! Drop the poop and go back to making music that sounds like all my other music. If I wanted poop to grow on me I'd intercourse  a whore with yeast like Thom's mother.