News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Oh the joys of BSOD

Started by Zero, October 28, 2011, 11:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoYoshi

Silver, breaking the forums is fine. Breaking others' computers is not fine. Do we really need to go over this again?

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Nightmare Zero on November 07, 2011, 11:50:10 PM
I download it
it vanishes from my downloads folder
MSE flares up saying i have a trojan
searches for the program yield nothing
wtf brah
It usually gives a false positive, but it's legit. Disable MSE or whatever and try again?

Silverhawk79

Quote from: IhsoyOhcysp on November 08, 2011, 12:21:21 AM
Silver, breaking the forums is fine. Breaking others' computers is not fine. Do we really need to go over this again?
N-no. ;_;

Zero

Quote from: Spookyhawk79 on November 08, 2011, 10:45:57 AM
It usually gives a false positive, but it's legit. Disable MSE or whatever and try again?

eh i'll try it with a dummy computer

Zero

Would saving the program to a flash drive and then burning it to a disc from the flash drive work?

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 17, 2011, 10:48:29 AM
Would saving the program to a flash drive and then burning it to a disc from the flash drive work?
Probably. It shouldn't be giving you this many issues.

Zero

When I try to extract the .exe file(because you know, everyone feels the need to turn poop into a .rar so they can add a .txt file) onto the disc winrar tells me that the "archive has unexpectedly ended" or something.

Zero

fixed it myself

after like 30 tries it finally booted startup repair

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Michio Kaku on November 22, 2011, 11:28:25 AM
When I try to extract the .exe file(because you know, everyone feels the need to turn poop into a .rar so they can add a .txt file) onto the disc winrar tells me that the "archive has unexpectedly ended" or something.

Weird. Might be my fault, since I uploaded it. Did you still want it? It's always good to run a scan just in case.

Zero

Yeah I have a buddy that might need this too, if it really does work.

Thanks

Silverhawk79

Zero

SO HEY, SAME SHIT IN MY OP JUST HAPPENED. Fun times. Fun indeed.

Burned the HDD program to a disc, tried to run it from startup, got nothing.

I can't even reach the desktop silver. I don't know how you expected me to run this lol

When I try my installation disc again it either A)Loads a few grey bars only to lead me to an infinite Starting Windows screen or B) Brings me to a Windows Boot Manager screen that gives me TWO options: Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] and Windows Memory Diagnostic.

The Mem Diagnostic claims everything is fine and Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] leads me to another infinitely loading Starting Windows screen.

Booting in Safe Mode doesn't.intercourse ing.work. At this point I don't even think I can format->Reinstall Windows...

What the intercourse ? How can Windows get away with being so poopty?

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 06, 2011, 10:00:48 AM
SO HEY, SAME SHIT IN MY OP JUST HAPPENED. Fun times. Fun indeed.

Burned the HDD program to a disc, tried to run it from startup, got nothing.

I can't even reach the desktop silver. I don't know how you expected me to run this lol

When I try my installation disc again it either A)Loads a few grey bars only to lead me to an infinite Starting Windows screen or B) Brings me to a Windows Boot Manager screen that gives me TWO options: Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] and Windows Memory Diagnostic.

The Mem Diagnostic claims everything is fine and Windows Setup [EMS Enabled] leads me to another infinitely loading Starting Windows screen.

Booting in Safe Mode doesn't.intercourse ing.work. At this point I don't even think I can format->Reinstall Windows...

What the intercourse ? How can Windows get away with being so poopty?
Er...it should boot straight from the disc. Make sure your BIOS is set to check the disc drive before the hard drive.

Zero

I guess I forgot to mention that, yes, the BIOS is set to boot the CD.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Michio Kaku on December 07, 2011, 03:09:43 PM
I guess I forgot to mention that, yes, the BIOS is set to boot the CD.

Then...I'm stumped.