News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Today's Update About Ness Could Be a Lie!!!

Started by tollhouse2006, November 08, 2007, 01:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tollhouse2006

I hope you all know that Sakurai doesn't control all the Dojo languages just the Japanese.  So he has someone do the English one for him.  I went to the Japanese Dojo and translated the first paragraph concerning Ness and Lucas with the help of www.dictionary.com and the translation only talked about Ness and Lucas's similarities.  There was nothing about that quote that we all dread.  "There's a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."  If you think about it the first sentence doesn't make any sense.  The bold part is where the sentence doesn't sound that clear.  Why would Ness be similar to Lucas because he has appeared in Smash Bros up until now?   

Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Java

tollhouse2006

I'm saying that the information about Ness getting axed may not be true.   

Java

I think the word you were going for was "misinterpreted."

tollhouse2006

Maybe so, but whoever is translating the Dojo for English needs to do a better job with the grammar.  I've found like ten typos on the site and one of the sentences which I mentioned on this topic doesn't make any sense.

StarWindWizard7

You Might be reading toooooooooo much into the situation.
The world will not end if Ness is not in SSBB.

Like all the other mostly anticipated characters, the only thing
we can do is wait and see.

vernanonix

Umm...if I rewrite the sentence for you, will it make sense?

Ok then...

"Lucas is very similar to a character named Ness, who has apeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now."

Cornwad

Because Ness has been in SSB and SSBM, and his attacks are similar to Lucas'  ::)

Xanatos

I know French, so I decided to translate the text on the French version of the Dojo (no online translaters).  It only says, "Vous connaissiez Ness depuis son apparition dans la série Smash Bros", which when translated means, "You have known Ness since his appearance in the Smash Bros. series".  I noticed similar patterns in other languages too, and they do not indicate that Ness would be kicked out.

It could also be an interpretation of the word "until".  I've seen it used as just meaning "before".  So, the site could mean that before now, Ness was in the Smash Bros. series, and that does not imply that he will no longer be in Brawl.

I'm not a Ness fan at all, but I do think that the wording of today's update in no way reflects whether Ness will be in Brawl or not.  You can speculate based on info. that we've gotten so far, but I think we'll have to just wait and see.

tollhouse2006

Well, if the French and Japanese versions don't say anything about Ness not returning why should we assume he's not coming back.  I don't want to see any veterans get kicked out but I know it will happen to atleast one of them for sure.  I just don't want the little kid with the hat getting replaced by a blonde Jimmy Neutron.