News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Now in the hands of Dave and Mom

Started by StarWindWizard7, October 02, 2007, 03:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Ikkitrix on October 28, 2007, 11:35:33 AM
Well, even if we do have the same amount of players from both sides, Nsider2 is still going to have a large upper hand. They get to pick from a pool of players about 6 times as large as ours, and the ones picked will undoubtedly be the best from the forum...

For some reason I think we're going to get floored in this competition. Not to mention I haven't seen ANY video footage from people here, and TP_Fox seems pretty dang good.

SSBB is a step over SSBM.......SSBB will mostly play the same, but rest assure, out of the many many
fetures SSBB has over SSBM....

I feel and I see that when people start playing SSBB they'll have to start all over in getting as good
as they were in SSBM.

For example, if you
were a Human Level 20 (max) your a pro at SSBM.

But when SSBB comes out, I can ATLEAST see that person go down to maybe a 10-16 at the very least.

So in a way, everybody has a chance to start all over and get as good as they possibly can.

NOT to mention, it's not like when SSBB comes out, BAM we start the "VS." between the 2 forums.

We'll all have time to practice and you know....make strategies, etc.......

I don't give a flying fudge pucket, how good you were in SSBM, that means nothing to me.
Cause this isn't SSBM, this is "SSBB".

So videos etc is something I don't really care about, unless you want to show case it, thats fine then.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: THELASTONESTANDING on October 28, 2007, 03:28:58 PM
Quote from: gbwyoshi on October 28, 2007, 10:49:59 AM
Quote from: THELASTONESTANDING on October 28, 2007, 10:24:16 AM
What we need is more organization. =D

-A link to the thread on NS2, cause I've been there alot and haven't seen it.

-Instead of one team captain, groups. Star you're the leader, but we'll be split into captains of certain group. One way to determine this is to take advantage of Smash's features:
---Within the first week or two of Smash, everyone will need to send you a video of a match they've played, using the character they'll have to use throughout the entire tournament. After seeing how many members on our side we have, divide them in like groups of 4, with 1 of them being the captain. Use the vids to determine who should be captain.

-Brackets. We need some place online with easy to see brackets for the tournament.

-In between tourney battles, we need to get together for great practice.

-Determine how many people in tourney total. 64 I guess?

Also, there's a problem. NS2 has WAY more members on the Smash boards than we do that'll be on there side. How will it be even? The only way is to greatly restrict the number of NS2 Smashers that can join. :(:O

I LIKE ORGANIZING STUFF, MM'KAY? XD
Alright since I run the NS2 side of the tourny I will let Star chose the amout of reps from each forum and I will choose that many out of the 180 people we have....The thread well click on my sig..(I will update this list into my thread just to give fair warning of the challengers we must face )
Oh yeah i forgot...
im number 84, but remember im fighting for this site.
by any chance do remember seeing me on the forums at all?

Because SSBB was delayed, I'm not gonna focuse TOO HARD on your suggestions right now, but
please keep them in mind.

I feel we are still in the 1st stage and the 1st thing we need to get is get our Members organized and
straighten out atleast.

As far as how many members each forum will have, I'm willing to wait until
------LATE NOVEMBER-------
for all entries here to be complete.
after all, we don't have as many members as NSider 2.

Ridley

How will we know who wins the match in the tourny? The loser could lie and know I can't post videos on the internet :'(
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Ridley on October 28, 2007, 04:54:40 PM
How will we know who wins the match in the tourny? The loser could lie and know I can't post videos on the internet :'(
My sugestion would be the 4 pm rule or The mods moderate the battles....

Ridley

Quote from: gbwyoshi on October 28, 2007, 05:00:52 PM

What is the pm rule?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Ikkitrix

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on October 28, 2007, 04:40:20 PM
Well, even if we do have the same amount of players from both sides, Nsider2 is still going to have a large upper hand. They get to pick from a pool of players about 6 times as large as ours, and the ones picked will undoubtedly be the best from the forum...

For some reason I think we're going to get floored in this competition. Not to mention I haven't seen ANY video footage from people here, and TP_Fox seems pretty dang good.

SSBB is a step over SSBM.......SSBB will mostly play the same, but rest assure, out of the many many

I feel and I see that when people start playing SSBB they'll have to start all over in getting as good
as they were in SSBM.

For example, if you

But when SSBB comes out, I can ATLEAST see that person go down to maybe a 10-16 at the very least.

So in a way, everybody has a chance to start all over and get as good as they possibly can.

NOT to mention, it's not like when SSBB comes out, BAM we start the "VS." between the 2 forums.

I don't give a flying fudge pucket, how good you were in SSBM, that means nothing to me.

So videos etc is something I don't really care about, unless you want to show case it, thats fine then.

Don't give me that, you know that SSBB is going to be darn similar to SSBM and those who are good are still going to be good in Brawl, ESPECIALLY in the begining compared to other people. It's not like all of the sudden the playing field is going to be leveled when transitioning even though it's not "Melee 2.0". Those that are good are good FOR A REASON, it's not all tech skill that runs Melee, it's mostly the ability to out think your opponent.

Also, since the people who are really good at the game are so used to it, their transition will be a LOT faster than those who arn't as good. Kinda like how in Melee now I can just pick up a random character that I don't play as often and do decent with them, just because I know generally how to play, what makes an attack GOOD, and how to go about formulating a strategy around the moveset I'm using (to an extent). The control scheme isn't going to be so different that you're going to have to relearn the entire game.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Ikkitrix on October 28, 2007, 05:14:23 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on October 28, 2007, 04:40:20 PM

as they were in SSBM.

For example, if you

Don't give me that, you know that SSBB is going to be dang similar to SSBM and those who are good are still going to be good in Brawl, ESPECIALLY in the begining compared to other people. It's not like all of the sudden the playing field is going to be leveled when transitioning even though it's not "Melee 2.0". Those that are good are good FOR A REASON, it's not all tech skill that runs Melee, it's mostly the ability to out think your opponent.

Also, since the people who are really good at the game are so used to it, their transition will be a LOT faster than those who arn't as good. Kinda like how in Melee now I can just pick up a random character that I don't play as often and do decent with them, just because I know generally how to play, what makes an attack GOOD, and how to go about formulating a strategy around the moveset I'm using (to an extent). The control scheme isn't going to be so different that you're going to have to relearn the entire game.

As I said, I said a user being 10-16 not a 1-10 in this case.

I'm open minded enough and well aware of how similar both games are.
But to just think, SSBB has a lot more to offer over SSBM, not to mention different characters.

How people can be bad in SSBM for example, could actually do even greater if they
had the right character to choose from.

Out of the 25 characters from SSBM,
maybe a bad person who can't do so well playing as any of them, could actually be
better in SSBB playing as Pit or Metaknight.

The Sky of course is the limit, and nobody truthfully knows for sure how "closely" these 2 games will
be anyway.

Yeah, the control scheme will be the same, but remember we can adjust and move the control combinations
to anywhere we like.

So again, a bad person in SSBM could be better if they can adjust the controllers to SSBB the way they feel
more comfortable and make them play better then ever before.

Yes, people will take there skill from SSBM and transfer it to SSBB as I will,
but hey, you never know, every single person is different.

A Person who Aced SSBM might not even like how SSBB could turn out. ;)
So, let's wait and find out once we have our hands on the game and get settled with it.

StarWindWizard7

When both of them fight, they could always send there video to "WHO EVER" right?
Like the last 3 minutes of it. :P

gbwyoshi, could you pm me please when you get the chance. :)

Ridley

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on October 28, 2007, 05:25:46 PM

When both of them fight, they could always send there video to "WHO EVER" right?
Like the last 3 minutes of it. :P

gbwyoshi, could you pm me please when you get the chance. :)

Oh I get it film the last three minutes of the battle with the replay and send it over the wii to a you or someone
...It's quite obvious...

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Ridley on October 28, 2007, 05:02:52 PM

What is the pm rule?
everyone pms one of the "tourny staff"

Ridley

Quote from: gbwyoshi on October 28, 2007, 06:08:21 PM

What is the pm rule?

Yes but say the loser lies and says they won
...It's quite obvious...

THELASTONESTANDING

Quote from: Ridley on October 28, 2007, 06:43:51 PM

What is the pm rule?

Well that's why sending in the last 3 minutes of the video (if on stock when damage for the last life starting going to like 50%).
Also, we need to make sure wi-fi names are used so that the video IS of their fight.

*was gonna add to that but lost train of thought*

CORRUPTION!

Ridley

Quote from: THELASTONESTANDING on October 29, 2007, 07:27:43 PM

What is the pm rule?

Well that's why sending in the last 3 minutes of the video (if on stock when damage for the last life starting going to like 50%).
Also, we need to make sure wi-fi names are used so that the video IS of their fight.

Oh thanks for clearing that up
...It's quite obvious...

gbwyoshi

Quote from: Ridley on October 29, 2007, 07:34:53 PM
Quote from: THELASTONESTANDING on October 29, 2007, 07:27:43 PM

What is the pm rule?

Oh thanks for clearing that up
Wel once I am back from vacation I am going to update my end of the tourny and talk with star some more

Ultra_Luigi

Please add a 56K warning to the title. That list slowed down my computer. It took forever to load it all.