Naria of the Flame *Dead for now (rewrite later): Picture update in last post*

Started by Nayrman, July 31, 2008, 04:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Chapter 5: Hollow Remembrance part 1 is now up! Woo!
Next weekend being labor day weekend, and the fact I have no classes on Tuesdays (so essentially a four day weekend), I'll try to get the other half up then.

WhiteReverse

Nayrman

Hollow Remembrance Part 2 will be during the week/weekend.
Why the delay? H1N1 that's why (Swine Flu for those of you who don't know anything about current events).

It's been jumping around campus (lots of people living really close together in a major metropolitan area, and disease spreads? NO! *sarcasm*) lately, and well, my floor got it. I managed to escape SERIOUS illness, but was basically "I'm not getting out of bed, too tired, throat hurts, light headed, gah. *zzzzzz*" for two and a half days (I don't get sick, and on the rare instance I do, I get better pretty darn quickly).
Most of my awake hours has been spent doing easy activities and trying to keep up with school work. Luckily now I'm no longer spreading it and am healthy enough to go to classes. Although I still feel like crap.

It's a bit of a busy week, which was why I intended to do it THIS weekend, but darn flu kind of put a wrench in that plan. Assuming nothing else drastic happens, I'll probably do it from Thursday to Saturday morning. After that it's studying for a CS test.... joy.

Magnum

So...........

Gonna get the next chapter up? Just curious.  ;)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

Quote from: Magnum on October 01, 2009, 07:14:42 PM
So...........

Gonna get the next chapter up? Just curious.  ;)
Writers block.
I got about halfway through and got to the really important part and I've been writing and re-writing it over and over because it's not the way I like it. I've rewritten the later half about six times now and I'm STILL not happy with it...

Nayrman

This incarnation of Naria is essentially dead.

Rewrote next chapter more times than I can count. I decided to try and skip it and write farther but didn't like where it was going and I essentially dropped a whole lot of crap early on and a major plot point starting out went no where.

Going to rewrite/starting over again at the new year for a fresh start.

Ironically what really got me annoyed was when I was watching my usual "Batman: The Animated Series" binge (well, It's Batman the Animated series Volume's 1-4, with 4 being the "New" adventures with the different animation style).
Since I'm on break I've been watching a whole lot of them since nothing is on tv that interests me. Well, I was on Volume 4 Disc 2 the episode called "Growing Pains" and, well, jeez...

HI 12 year old Naria from the flashback!

Okay not in the animation style I would've wanted but god dangit Batman you do everything first and the best X_X;;
Oh well, all the more motivation to make me work harder... bah....

Nayrman

Okay, since I didn't want to end on NOTHING, I'll upload the pics I was working on and off with. Four total, last update before the rewrite, so I guess enjoy.

- an obvious base and obvious edits. Took almost no time to do honestly.

-same character base but a bit more work done since the shot had more detail on it. Sorry it's so small

-still same character, but I wanted to get fancy so I put it in front of a painting for detail. GOOD LORD WHY DID I DO THAT!? Obvious color edits are obvious, and it took a really long time to get some of the details right. Unfortunately since I put it over a PAINTING it'll look bad regardless of what I do. Guh...

- and lastly my favorite pic of Naria so far (and no, I can't find anyone good to use for other characters at the moment, so BAH to you). A compilation of a few pieces and a whole lot of coloring work. Good thing no map painting this time. Tried to give her the "fire sword" I guess but it didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Ah well...

See you guys after the initial rewrite. STUPID FALL SEMESTER WHY WON'T YOU JUST END SO I CAN WORK ON MORE INTERESTING THINGS!?!?!? :(

Magnum

... So are you going to just make a new thread, or continue on in this one when you get the 1st chapter of Naria of the Flame: Rewrite?

BTW, official name should be "Naria of the Flame: Rewrite"  =P

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Nayrman

I'll make a new thread. I don't need continuing discussions of a story that's going to be changed.