News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Death Metal Anyone?

Started by tibar21, August 22, 2008, 09:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beatnik

"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Metalbott

Whoever is insulting the lyrics of any death metal song...
A) Death metal isn't primarily about lyrics
B) Some Death  metal bands have great lyrics. In Flames come to mind.
C) Most bands mentioned such as "Sum 41" and "Green day" have lyrics written for 13 year olds girls.

That is that :D

Beatnik

Some death metal bands have really intellligent lyrics. Granted, some are really juvinile and asinine, but some of them are really deep and meaningful. Pretty much every song in Napalm Death's last album was a statement about religion and morality, and bands like Death and Atheist had a lot of political songs.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Sgt.Chilly

Quote from: tibar21 on August 22, 2008, 09:44:12 PM
me and Tollhouse came to the conclusion that anyone that actually lisens to that sh*t is very likely to go to hell.

Oh hey vagina cleaning devicebag what's the weather like up your own ass?

prick.

How do you go "Oh hey guys me and my friends think this genre of music sucks and anyone who likes it should be condemned to eternal suffering for their stupidity. What is your opinion on the genre music that we wouldn't waste our piss on?"

Seriously you're what 14?

metroidhunter777

Quote from: TimeMage on December 11, 2008, 11:57:26 AM
me and Tollhouse came to the conclusion that anyone that actually lisens to that sh*t is very likely to go to hell.

Oh hey vagina cleaning devicebag what's the weather like up your own ass?

prick.

How do you go "Oh hey guys me and my friends think this genre of music sucks and anyone who likes it should be condemned to eternal suffering for their stupidity. What is your opinion on the genre music that we wouldn't waste our piss on?"

I'm 14 and I'm not THAT stupid concerning other people's opinions. >_>

It's really the vocals... everything else about the music is pretty sweet to me. Amazing riffs, fast-as-hell drumming... I just can't listen to the screaming. xO So that's why I have Dream Theater. <3

tibar21

Quote from: TimeMage on December 11, 2008, 11:57:26 AM

Oh hey d**chebag what's the weather like up your own ass?

prick.

jeez sorry. i take that back.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

tibar21

Quote from: Metalbott on December 10, 2008, 09:00:30 PM
Whoever is insulting the lyrics of any death metal song...
A) Death metal isn't primarily about lyrics
B) Some Death  metal bands have great lyrics. In Flames come to mind.
C) Most bands mentioned such as "Sum 41" and "Green day" have lyrics written for 13 year olds girls.

That is that :D
you have to be absolutely f*ckin kidding me. Sum had a couple songs like that in their last album, but Green Day? Never. If you want to know the true Sum 41 or Green Day you should listen to "The Hell Song" or "St. Jimmy."

Beatnik

Pop punk in general is marketed towards angsty midddle schoolers. As a fan of it, you might not see it, but from the outside it's obvious.

tibar21

You guys really need to understand that Sum 41 and Green Day are not pop punk. Green Day isn't even punk at all.
Songs that really characterize the bands are (Sum 41: Over My Head (Better Off Dead), Thanks For Nothing, Still Waiting, We're All To Blame, Makes No Difference, The Jester, Underclass Hero, and of course, Fat Lip)
(Green Day: American Idiot, Jesus of Suburbia, Letterbomb, Basketcase, Longview, Welcome to Paradise, and Governator).
Get your genres right.
If you want pop-punk listen to late blink-182 or Yellowcard or Simple Plan who are a few of the best bands in the genre.

Chloroform?

Green Day is pop-punk. I actually enjoy some of their music, although American Idiot is pretty much garbage with generic "intercourse  society" lyrics and pretty much for middle schoolers only. They were decent in the 90s, although kind of repetitive, and they finally are starting to wear really thin because they lack the musical talent to keep themselves fresh and exciting for 9 albums. Kerplunk, Dookie, Insomniac, and Nimrod were decent, not great, but decent. Anything after that is mediocre at best. And for the record nothing really off their new album could be considered to "characterize" the band at all.

Pop-punk doesn't mean punk at all. It means the band took attributes of punk and made it into a radio-friendly genre.

tibar21

if you think pop-punk is so radio friendly, go listen to give me one good reason by blink-182. you obviously don't know what ur talking about. the main attribute of punk is sending a political message or at least having rebelling lyrics.. last I check Green Day doesn't really do that. they only have the muted guitars which gives it a punk sound. even Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols said that Green Day wasn't punk at all. Green Day is just an alternative rock band.

Zero

Quote from: thunderhero4 on August 23, 2008, 12:19:55 AM

Death metal is what emos generally enjoy, and it has to do with hell and all that. Its not even music, its just screaming with abused instruments in the background.

You obviously have NO idea what the intercourse  you're talking about.

Java

Quote from: tibar21 on December 15, 2008, 08:25:05 AM
if you think pop-punk is so radio friendly, go listen to give me one good reason by blink-182. you obviously don't know what ur talking about. the main attribute of punk is sending a political message or at least having rebelling lyrics.. last I check Green Day doesn't really do that. they only have the muted guitars which gives it a punk sound. even Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols said that Green Day wasn't punk at all. Green Day is just an alternative rock band.
LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO.
Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Did you not listen to American Idiot?
Hell even the title AMERICAN IDIOT.

How about Holiday?
What about the lyrics in there...

Beatnik

Quote from: Zero on December 15, 2008, 08:32:37 AM

Death metal is what emos generally enjoy, and it has to do with hell and all that. Its not even music, its just screaming with abused instruments in the background.

You obviously have NO idea what the intercourse  you're talking about.

There's an awful lot of that going on in this thread.

Zero

Quote from: Beatnik on December 15, 2008, 10:51:23 AM
Quote from: Zero on December 15, 2008, 08:32:37 AM

You obviously have NO idea what the f*** you're talking about.

There's an awful lot of that going on in this thread.

You aren't joking