News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Official GFX Feedback thread or whatever.

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 19, 2010, 03:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirteenthorder

Quote from: Zorua on May 27, 2010, 01:12:06 PM
Well, if the world of GFX would end if I put Zorua and Smugleaf on the same sig, then I give up.
The world would only end if you didn't put them on the same sig RIGHT. A better way would perhaps have them both in the center, slightly overlapping each other. Try it like that and it's bound to be better.
When you're not lookin'...

Kayo

Quote from: Thirteenthorder on May 27, 2010, 05:15:27 PM
The world would only end if you didn't put them on the same sig RIGHT. A better way would perhaps have them both in the center, slightly overlapping each other. Try it like that and it's bound to be better.
wait, what?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Thirteenthorder

Quote from: Zorua on May 27, 2010, 05:26:04 PM
wait, what?
The way you have them, they conflict with each other. It doesn't flow right.

Try placing them in the center together.

Kayo

Quote from: Thirteenthorder on May 27, 2010, 07:16:20 PM
The way you have them, they conflict with each other. It doesn't flow right.

Try placing them in the center together.
Say I put them both in the center, and the background is purple on one side, and green on the other. This way the pokemon will match the background y/n

In the mean time,

Needs brush effects. Ideas plz
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Thirteenthorder

Quote from: Zorua on May 28, 2010, 05:30:08 AM
Say I put them both in the center, and the background is purple on one side, and green on the other. This way the pokemon will match the background y/n

In the mean time,

Needs brush effects. Ideas plz
That would still be a tad bit confusing, the best choice would be to have them both in the center with a singular color scheme (I would say forest green)

Thirdkoopa

Main notes:
-The text doesn't fit well because you have no room at all. Really, with sigs, try to first clean up the kitchen before working on the basement, the attic, etc.
-The Dimensions suck. 175 Height is downright terrible. The width however is still great. I use 280ish-400 most of the time. I've had so many sigs where width ends up ruining a lot so it takes time.
-The Render qualities suck. Especially the black one (whatever his name is)
-Hi. Speaking of which The tut that taught me a lot from when I first started. - Layers are a huge help. Copy Visible can be a huge help when used right (Right click "Copy Visible" and paste it onto a new layer)

And if you need some hope this is my first sig ever:

There's more I could say but those are some general things.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

Quote from: Franz Ferdinand on May 29, 2010, 11:17:08 AM
Main notes:
-The text doesn't fit well because you have no room at all. Really, with sigs, try to first clean up the kitchen before working on the basement, the attic, etc.
I originally wasn't going to put my name on there, but then I decided to. Where should the text be moved?
Quote-The Dimensions suck. 175 Height is downright terrible. The width however is still great. I use 280ish-400 most of the time. I've had so many sigs where width ends up ruining a lot so it takes time.
I didn't want to make it too tall... or should it be even shorter? I wanted to get enough of Zekrom (the black one) in so you could see his entire arm, otherwise it would be weird. I don't get what you're saying here... should it be taller?
Quote-The Render qualities suck. Especially the black one (whatever his name is)
Had more than one picture of that thing existed on the internet, it would have been better. I'm still not good at rendering things myself. :(
Quote-Hi. Speaking of which The tut that taught me a lot from when I first started. - Layers are a huge help. Copy Visible can be a huge help when used right (Right click "Copy Visible" and paste it onto a new layer)
So, the reason for using copy visible instead of putting each render/effect on a new layer is...? Incidentally, the first link there isn't working for me.

QuoteAnd if you need some hope this is my first sig ever:

Gaah the text, hurts my eyes to try to look at. How long did it take you to become as good as you are now? D:
[move][/move]

Thirteenthorder

Guys I made this for Irene Adler. I need you all to tell me what could be better (aside from the obvious 'needs moar effects'). The coloring kinda went a little brownish (an accident) but just rate it for meh.

Eizweir

Quote from: Thirteenthorder on May 29, 2010, 02:18:23 PM

Guys I made this for Irene Adler. I need you all to tell me what could be better (aside from the obvious 'needs moar effects'). The coloring kinda went a little brownish (an accident) but just rate it for meh.
It looks great, but I have a couple of suggestions:
Directly to the left of Peach's head you can see the render outline, it annoys me personally. Maybe a bit more blur, idk
The light's positioning bugs me for some reason
I think the text would look better if made bigger and moved out of the corner.

It's not like I'm experienced or anything, that's just my opinion

Anyways:

First signature ever.  It's just experimental, it's not something I'd actually use.  Text is hard.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze