News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

In the Element

Started by THEBIRD, January 21, 2010, 09:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

It's about time, Birdie. <3 Here's to the rejuvenation of RPs at this site.

Name: Harver
Nation & Element: Pyra Isle / Fire
Organization: Zodia
Appearance: Caucasian, average height. Blue eyes, medium length red hair. Wears a white shirt with a black cloak and jeans underneath, nice black shoes, and a fedora. His build is average; not too skinny or flabby, not too muscular or weak... just average.
Item 1: Katana
Item 2: The Time Gem! A silver watch
Extra Information: Harver's parents taught him many subjects and raised him to be a very smart child until their untimely death during the growing war. Harver lived on the streets and fended for himself, using both his street knowledge and brain smarts to make his way around the area. He dedicated his life to helping stop the war and restore peace to the world. He has always been interested in the Shadow Souls as well.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

THEBIRD

((glad to see the turn out. and it looks like we can start. basically you can begin wherever, although on your own soil would be the most believable. and don't worry about the different organizations, those don't come in until later.))

Solon was balancing very carefully on a thin log about fifty feet in the air. Using the air, he was able to maintain his balance and keep himself on the log. He walked slowly, concentrating on the air around him and ignoring the mounting air pressure as he moved the air to keep himself steady. Unfortunately, his concentration was broken when he heard someone yelling, "Solon!" He whirled around, the air that was holding him up dropping, and he found himself falling.

"Ah!" he cried out, quickly forming a puff of air underneath him to allow him to float steadily to the ground. "What was that for!?" He peered out to see who had called for him, and quickly realized it was one of the monks that guarded the Air Temple. "Oh, hello Monk," he said, quickly bowing and hoping he wouldn't get scolded for his harsh tongue.

"Solon, I've been told by the Great Monk to get you and bring you to the Temple. The others from the second generation will be there as well," the Monk said curtly. They must have needed to get there soon, or the Monk wouldn't have been so fidgety.

"Oh, uh, okay," Solon said, a little nervous. The Monks had always said the second generation was special, that they could end the war. Was that what this little convention was going to be about? Solon followed the Monk, wondering if his destiny was about to unfold...

Anarchy_Jas

Reina was in an alleyway, sitting on an empty crate, notebook in hand. It wasn't a diary, something other girls her age would have, but rather a collection of notes... New armor and weapon designs, different fighting techniques, places, people of interest, those types of things. Today, she was studying one particular page labeled, "Bastards to Hunt".

"Another power hungry moron," she mumbles, closing and putting the book away. Reina pulls the hood of her cloak over her head, and stands up. The day before, she had tailed her target and his buddy to get the information that she wanted. Unfortunately, it would have caused too much of a scene to take him down then, but now there was nothing stopping her, at least, not as many things. 'How did my family get tied into this though?'

The girl slipped back onto the main streets, blending in with the various crowds. It didn't take her very long to find who she was looking for. He was a chubby guy that dressed lavishly, spoke loudly, and laughed that fake laugh that only rich people seemed to use. So Reina picked up her pace a bit, gracefully moving through people, yet kept her eyes locked on him in concentration.

With one swift motion, she had drawn one of her blades, and plunged it into the man's back, ignoring the screams of nearby civilians. After pulling her weapon free, she flees, guards now on her tail. She turns around to fight off a few of them, but retreats, using nearby tables and ledges to get onto the rooftops and out of sight.

((Leave it to my chars to start things off with violence and a chase. xD))
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Magnum

((At Shorti. MOTHEREFIN' ASSASSIN'S CREED STYLE! NICE WORK!!!))
Talon sat in a slightly lit room with only an old, creaky table sitting between him and 3 other men. The other line of defense was 5 cards, and chips that lied in no certain alignment on the table. One of the men threw down his cards in defeat as the final 3 looked at each other. The first man set his cards on the table with a grimy smile seeping through his lips. The second man smirked as he showed his five from his hand. The first man slammed the table as he charged out of the room. Finally, Talon looked at the cards on the table. "Son of a...!" He yelped as he threw his cards down and stormed out himself.

Talon leaned up against a wall as he watched the monk walk back with Solon. He had just been informed about the meeting himself. He got off the wall and opened his arms as he made his way over to both of them. "Evening my good sir! And Solon, my friend, it appears that we are heading to the same destination. Why not let me accompany you. Its been forever since we've simple seen each other!" Talon told them in a sarcastic voice as his fingers slithered over Solon's shoulder, an enormous smile flowing across his face.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Allegretto

Kumori began to concentrate as he ran down the rocky hillside to his village. He had finished his daily training routine which consisted of him attempting to clear the treacherous Valley of Volcanoes, each day proceeding farther, even traveling an inch farther than the day before gave him the confidence that he grew stronger.

"Flamma Efecto" he said under his breath, the instant he finished these words flames began to twin and circle around his body. Each day on his decent to his village he attempts to keep this flame shield surrounding him. Every day he could hold it a split second longer, today being 93 seconds as a max.

Once he reached the ground he muttered "Desaparecer" the flames vanished. He began the short walk to his house, he had forged it out of limestone and sealed it together with thicker flames than usual. His house was farther out than most of the other villagers, his solo training methods had become problematic for the other members of Pyre Isle. To make matters worse his house was adjacent to a field of blasting mushrooms. As he neared the door of his house he heard a loud noise, it came from the village. "An explosion? What's going on?" Kumori began to run towards the village to find the cause of the disturbance.

Light

Quote from: Magnum on January 25, 2010, 08:03:05 PM
((For future reference, it's Solon, not Salon.))

The redhaired youth was sitting at a table, sipping a warm cup of tea while reading a newspaper. "War efforts grow stronger - More men drafted" the front page read. He sighed as he read about how the war was being pushed by the heads of the nation, and how they needed more men "eager to join the force". Same old, same old... He thought, setting the paper down.

His thoughts were disturbed when he heard a few cries of terror and surprise. He looked over to find a girl running away from a few guards, then jumping up high to use the rooftops for her escape. Impressive, he thought, watching the spectacle unfold before his eyes, but why was she being hunted? He got out of his seat, set a bit of money on the table to cover for the tea, and set out nonchalantly in pursuit of the mysterious young woman.

Magnum

Quote from: Light on January 25, 2010, 09:25:00 PM
((For future reference, it's Solon, not Salon.))

The redhaired youth was sitting at a table, sipping a warm cup of tree while reading a newspaper.
((Also, for future reference, it's "tea", not tree))  :D

Light

Quote from: Magnum on January 25, 2010, 09:26:46 PM
((Also, for future reference, it's "tea", not tree))  :D
((Screw the environment; oak trees are delicious!))

THEBIRD

Quote from: Magnum on January 25, 2010, 08:03:05 PM
Talon sat in a slightly lit room with only an old, creaky table sitting between him and 3 other men. The other line of defense was 5 cards, and chips that lied in no certain alignment on the table. One of the men threw down his cards in defeat as the final 3 looked at each other. The first man set his cards on the table with a grimy smile seeping through his lips. The second man smirked as he showed his five from his hand. The first man slammed the table as he charged out of the room. Finally, Talon looked at the cards on the table. "Son of a...!" He yelped as he threw his cards down and stormed out himself.

Talon leaned up against a wall as he watched the monk walk back with Solon. He had just been informed about the meeting himself. He got off the wall and opened his arms as he made his way over to both of them. "Evening my good sir! And Solon, my friend, it appears that we are heading to the same destination. Why not let me accompany you. Its been forever since we've simple seen each other!" Talon told them in a sarcastic voice as his fingers slithered over Solon's shoulder, an enormous smile flowing across his face.
Solon grinned back. "Ah, Talon, I almost didn't recognize you. You've grown in the past few hours!" he exclaimed, allowing his friend to accompany them. The Monk said nothing and continued to lead the way. More serious now, Solon said, "Sounds like the Great Monk wants to talk to us about the war. You know, with this whole 'second generation will save the world' crap the Monks are spewing out. He'll probably try to inspire us with that ridiculous high and mighty accent he does when he thinks people are losing interest in him." Solon rolled his eyes. Not many respected the new Great Monk. He had been the impromptu successor of the last Great Monk, who died at war and was loved by all. Compared to the old Great Monk, the new Great Monk was nothing more than a ten-year-old trying to play a big man's game.

(( uh oh, looks like there's going to be some more harver x jas-like action here. ))

Magnum

"Yes yes yes YES! Exactly! Goodness me, you say things as if you read my mind," Talon bellowed with glee. He looked in front of the small group to see that the door to the Great Monk was right in front of them.
"I'll take you up on a bet. I say that he is going to be sending us to battle. I'll put my next income up. I'm out of money because I, oh, hmmmmmmmmm, misplaced my wallet," Talon informed Solon with a mischievous look on his face, the same sly grim indenting his cheeks with cheer.

Anarchy_Jas

((Doesn't Harver know that curiosity killed the cat? xD

Quote from: THEBIRD on January 26, 2010, 12:51:16 PM
(( uh oh, looks like there's going to be some more harver x jas-like action here. ))

But wait a minute, is there a "Jas" to begin with? X3))

Reina continued to run across the rooftops, occasionally pausing to knock down a guard behind her. She slowed a bit when she saw that there was no one behind her as far as she could see, but not by much. After flicking the blood off her blades, she sheathed them and continued to jog, hopping down to ground level when she got somewhat close to her hideout. Reina smirked at a wanted poster on a nearby wall with her image on it, and tore it away as she went by without a second thought. She then slipped back into the alleys, making quick left and rights, and bounding over walls as she went deeper into them.

So_So_Man

I'm probably going to join, but first I have a few questions/suggestions. 
1. Does water power include a transition from water to ice?
2. Can water power be used to freeze someone's blood/bodily fluids, making them explode?
3. What scale do the powers operate on? (eg, visible amounts of the object only, or all the way down to manipulating single molecules?)
4. Can fire power be used to give someone a temporary burst of energy or speed up chemical reactions in the body(lighting them on fire from the inside)?
5. Can air power be used to make someone's lungs explode (by increasing the air pressure inside)?
6. Can air power be used to make a vacuum around a target?
7. Shouldn't Aquarius be one of the water-based elders rather than air? (you could move scorpio to earth and virgo to air to make this work)
8. If Xe (most pacifistic god) is the god of air, why did the air country join in so quickly?

Sorry if these are questions that were supposed to gradually dawn on the players, or they have ruined the game in some other way.  I will probably write up the character sheet tomorrow, after I get answers and write my last exam.

Allegretto

((So_So man, no godmodding D:))

Kumori began to run faster on the ragged ground as he proceeded to the location of the explosion. He emerged over a small cliff to find a group of soilders. "10..14...20..What are they doing there?" Kumori remained hidden on the cliff has he listened closely to the soilders. "Do you understand the power of the soilders of Pyra Isle, we must remain vigilant! We have every right to expand into Terra and Zephyria, this small island is not large enough for us all to live comfortably! The dangers of the Valley of Volcanoes make the living space even smaller. This war has taken it's toll on all of us, however if more of you join the sooner we all can end it!"

Kumori had contemplated joining the army, however he did not care about honor, or praise. He wanted power, his past has made him bitter and cruel. "What weak willed civilians, they are all pathetic" Kumori muttered as he saw those rise to join the cause. "There choices, there mistakes" he said as he walked back to his house.

Anarchy_Jas

((Hold on, I think I'll be making a discussion thread for the RP, it seems to need it... Also gonna kinda answer So_So_Man's question there.))

Light

Harver continued a light jog in pursuit of the mysterious lady, taking note of which areas looked like they had been recently used, and remained on track to find Reina. Very interesting... the tracks are faint, as if she doesn't want to be followed, he thought as he jogged. This will make things all the more fun. But after I find her... what then? Harver stopped momentarily to catch his breath. "Man, I need to work these things out in my head before doing them," he said, thinking out loud. He resumed jogging.