News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Pixar

Started by Neerb, February 06, 2011, 11:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

The Incredibles was pretty cool. It was definitely apart from the other movies as far as theme in a way, but it was very well designed and remains one of my favorites.

I haven't had any urge to watch Toy Story 2 as much as I did the first and third.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

FruitFlow

Was Antz Pixar?
Or was that made by a different company?
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Nayrman

Quote from: Negative Vibes on March 05, 2011, 01:06:43 PM
Was Antz Pixar?
Or was that made by a different company?
Antz was an ex-Pixar employee trying to ruin Pixar by releasing same-y movies with lower quality just before Pixar's movies. There was some shark movie just before Finding Nemo came out as well. Needless to say it didn't work. :P

FruitFlow

Quote from: Nayrman on March 05, 2011, 02:58:58 PM
Antz was an ex-Pixar employee trying to ruin Pixar by releasing same-y movies with lower quality just before Pixar's movies. There was some shark movie just before Finding Nemo came out as well. Needless to say it didn't work. :P
Oh, man. I knew there was something odd about that movie.
"Many people see technology as the problem behind the so-called digital divide. Others see it as the solution. Technology is neither. It must operate in conjunction with business, economic, political and social system."

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Nayrman on March 05, 2011, 02:58:58 PM
Shark Tale.

Nayrman

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on March 10, 2011, 11:16:22 AM
Shark Tale.
THAT was it. Yeah, I don't even bother to remember it. :P

Kaz

Honestly? Ratatouille is my favorite. Fuck you guys for not even mentioning it. I guess my second favorite would be some sort of tie between Toy Story and Up.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Dog Food

I've seen all of Pixar's films except for Cars. And I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet, but it'll be the next movie I watch. I'll see Brave, but I'm probably going to stay away from Cars 2 and Monster's Inc. 2.

I can't say my favorite... All of Pixar's films that I have seen have been good. It's usually the last one I've seen. I can say that when I was younger I didn't appreciate Pixar (or movies in general) that much, so movies that I might have a less fond feeling for would most likely dissipate if I were to watch it again now. Monster's Inc. is one of those - I disliked it when I saw it at a younger age, but recently watching it with my niece has made me think otherwise.

Ratatouille is another movie that earned a bad rep with me because I went in not wanting to see it, so therefore I made myself hate it. Although I know that if I saw it again now, my opinion would change.

Toy Story and A Bug's Life both earned a cold shoulder from me. That's because I watched them when I was little and hated movies. I've seen them both again since and my opinion has changed.

All the Pixar movies that I've seen after a certain age I've liked the first time (The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Up, Wall-E). Ratatouille is the exception because of something personal that happened before the movie, causing me to not be in the right mood and causing me to dislike it.

But yeah, now I like Pixar and all their films. Minus Cars, which I never saw.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Friendly Hostile

Up is my absolutely favorite, partially for the tear jerker beginning.  It was wonderful how such a sad beginning to a story turned into something so fun and funny.  Plus it has some of my favorite music for the Pixar films and quite a few very memorable visuals.

FruitFlow

Ratatouille was amazing.
Up on the other hand I haven't seen yet, so I can't comment on that.