News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Zelda Manga on it's way to English

Started by Silly_Penguin, April 11, 2008, 07:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silly_Penguin

I just found out after visiting thehylia, that Viz plans on releasing the Legend of Zelda manga into the US. For those who are currently unaware of this outstanding manga by Akira Himekawa, it is currently up on Zelda-Infinate and Zelda Legends. I must say, this news has really made my day (and i was having a great day today from various school things ^_^) I absolutely can not wait until October 7th, so i am truly hoping that this news is true. ^^

Article Source

Edit: According to Wikipedia though, a publisher called Simon & Schuster will be releasing it.

Quote from: WikipediaPreviously, the manga was only available in English through certain unofficial websites devoted to the series that offer translated versions done by fans, called scanlations.[1] This may no longer be needed as Simon & Schuster revealed through their online store they will begin publishing the manga series in America in October 2008.[2]

I also found the manga's on their site here. This makes me wonder if they will be releasing this in book stores such as Barns & Nobles or Borders.

Tupin

This is really interesting....

I certainly will buy it, as the fan-translated version is pretty good.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 11, 2008, 07:44:02 PM
This is really interesting....

I certainly will buy it, as the fan-translated version is pretty good.
Same here. Since for me, this was really my first manga that i read that got me into manga :D

(also edited 1st post with more info)

Tupin

What, no Windwaker manga?  :(

Ah well, at least there is Oracle of Ages manga.

And there IS a fan-made Windwaker manga.

Zelda_Masta

i Hav the orig japanese manga ((unfortunatly, i only got them just so i can have them, cant undertand Japanese)) and after reading ((online)) i thought it was pretty decent.  Could use a little more detail though is all i have to say bad about it.

QuoteSTOP MAKING SHINY ELECTRONICS!!!  People always think things look better shinier...until they touch them and leave an ugly finger print on its sexy little case

Gwen Khan

cool, I'll have to keep my eye out for them

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 11, 2008, 07:58:05 PM
What, no Windwaker manga?  :(

Ah well, at least there is Oracle of Ages manga.

And there IS a fan-made Windwaker manga.

I thought there was an official one by a group called Oyster. I never had the chance to read it myself though. (unless this was the fan one and i was just mistaken, i never could find scans of it to read)

I'm hoping they will release the manga for Majora next, and then the Oracle ones, then Triforce of the Gods, Four Swords + ones, then the Minish Cap one. (maybe not in that order. i'm not sure what order they should be releasing it in XP) I think they should also release the manga's by Ataru Cagiva after they release the Akira Himekawa ones. Since i haven't read all of the Ataru ones, it would please the fans of them (plus i remember they where also interesting ^^)

Quote from: Zelda_Masta on April 11, 2008, 08:10:43 PM
i Hav the orig japanese manga ((unfortunatly, i only got them just so i can have them, cant undertand Japanese)) and after reading ((online)) i thought it was pretty decent.  Could use a little more detail though is all i have to say bad about it.

to tell you the truth i was thinking of doing that sooner or later if they never would release them here :D. Well, those are defiantly collectors items though.

SkyMyl

I'm so overjoyed I think I totalled a few cars on my way back home! ;D :D :)

Ultrasuperstarenator

I thought all the mangas were only okay.

Jirachi82

Isn't it terrific? :) I hope we get the others!

Oh my god, is that Windwaker manga real!? I would love to read that alongside with the Minish Cap and Four Swords! Those are my favorite series!

Tupin

Quote from: Jirachi82 on April 13, 2008, 07:35:46 PM
Isn't it terrific? :) I hope we get the others!

Oh my god, is that Windwaker manga real!? I would love to read that alongside with the Minish Cap and Four Swords! Those are my favorite series!
Yep, it's real.

Hopefully that's next.  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry for the use of smileys, I just love Windwaker, it is my favorite Zelda game.

Triforceman22

Sweet!

I'll be buying this for sure! ;D

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on April 14, 2008, 01:12:17 PM
Sweet!

I'll be buying this for sure! ;D
Yeah, I can't wait for it.

I hope the Windwaker manga is translated as well.

Silly_Penguin

I have also read news that Akira Himekawa is making a manga for Phantom Hourglass, although i'm surprised that a Twilight Princess manga was never made. Well, i'm hoping when that's done they will release it here along with the other's.

Tupin

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on April 20, 2008, 04:17:39 PM
I have also read news that Akira Himekawa is making a manga for Phantom Hourglass, although i'm surprised that a Twilight Princess manga was never made. Well, i'm hoping when that's done they will release it here along with the other's.
Yep, along with the Windwaker manga, even though that was made by Oyster.