News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

You now have a reason to spend $30 on WiiSpeak.

Started by Tupin, July 16, 2008, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

http://gonintendo.com/?p=49618

The Conduit will have voice chat in its 16-player online matches, using the WiiSpeak.

I'm guessing you will also be able to use the inevitable Wii headset too. 

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Mystic

Fuck yes. Even though we already figured they would, confirmation is awesome.

brb, writing love letter to HVS.

Zies

...Leet, now I don't have to buy Animal Crossing...

Quote from: Gaitorbait208...I was about to have to Veritas Est Fortis your mom...

Nayrman

Thank god!
Thank you HVS! Even tho I'll probably be playing Resistance 2 more but oh well it's still finally awesome to have a real FPS experience on Wii. I can't wait for this to sell through the roof and basically tell Nintendo what people really want X_X;;

guido123

ya i heard that somewhere,does the game come with wii speak?

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

Tupin

Mystic

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 06:46:39 PM
Thank god!
Thank you HVS! Even tho I'll probably be playing Resistance 2 more but oh well it's still finally awesome to have a real FPS experience on Wii. I can't wait for this to sell through the roof and basically tell Nintendo what people really want X_X;;
MoHH2 and Metroid  ::)

I doubt it'll come with WiiSpeak. Now if Nyko would just hurry and announce plans on making a headset.

Tupin

Thank god!
Yes, I hope it sells well.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 06:50:57 PM
Thank god!

I doubt it'll come with WiiSpeak. Now if Nyko would just hurry and announce plans on making a headset.
Real FPS experience requires multiplayer (Metroid does not have), actual easy to make friends and headset (thanks a lot FC's and no headset).
Also, Metroid is an exploration game involving first person shooting...I hate that stereotype of the series X_X;;
I'm surprised someone hasn't done it already...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 06:52:24 PM
Thank god!

Real FPS experience requires multiplayer (Metroid does not have), actual easy to make friends and headset (thanks a lot FC's and no headset).
Also, Metroid is an exploration game involving first person shooting...I hate that stereotype of the series X_X;;
Still, I think there might be voice chat even with strangers.

This game is probably going to rated M anyway, so no 8 year olds should really be playing.

Hold on, pulling up Nyko's site...

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 06:56:28 PM
Thank god!

This game is probably going to rated M anyway, so no 8 year olds should really be playing.

Nintendo would never allow that. Probably friends only which I suppose I should be thankful for regardless.
I can't wait for random chats to occur on Wii...the parental psyche is going to EXPLODE

Mystic

Since when is having a FPS perspective and a fun game not enough for a true FPS experience? Ok, so online these days is a given, so you're right on that. But chatting? Luxury.

Gahhh I want my headset Nyko D:

And Nintendo isn't gonna interfere with HVS making TC. If HVS wants voice chatting with anyone, they'll do it.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 07:01:23 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 06:56:28 PM
Thank god!

Nintendo would never allow that. Probably friends only which I suppose I should be thankful for regardless.
I can't wait for random chats to occur on Wii...the parental psyche is going to EXPLODE
It happens on Xbox 360 and they don't care about that. Most sites actually recommend parents monitoring who their children play with.

Don't know if I'll get WiiSpeak right off the bat, though. I could get a $20 USB keyboard because that's compatible with ACCF and a headset together for maybe $5 more than the WiiSpeak costs but it's worth it because the headset is more convenient.

Nayrman

FPS - point to kill as many things as possible
Metroid - explore planet(s) and complete objectives which may or may not involve killing things

There is a difference.
Voice Chat is not luxury anymore...it is basically standard on the other systems but Nintendo.
I'm still surprised Nintendo hasn't canned the project or told them to go elsewhere...cuz heaven forbid they have a hardcore game with fully functioning online.

Mystic

Doesn't make MoHH2 any less of a full experience.