News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

You now have a reason to spend $30 on WiiSpeak.

Started by Tupin, July 16, 2008, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 07:10:41 PM
FPS - point to kill as many things as possible
Metroid - explore planet(s) and complete objectives which may or may not involve killing things

There is a difference.
Voice Chat is not luxury anymore...it is basically standard on the other systems but Nintendo.
I'm still surprised Nintendo hasn't canned the project or told them to go elsewhere...cuz heaven forbid they have a hardcore game with fully functioning online.
They wouldn't do that. They really don't care about what third parties do, as long as they aren't the first to use THEIR technology.

I believe Ubisoft was the company that said it wouldn't sell because there was no market for it on Wii, so they said they wanted to make it a $20 game and "crap it out" for a holiday release. HVS left after they said that. Yes, the publisher really said that. They didn't say what company it was, but I bet it was Ubisoft because it sounds like them.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 07:14:28 PM
Doesn't make MoHH2 any less of a full experience.
No voice chat, online friend making, etc.
It's an FPS, but not the full experience (see Call of Duty 4 for taht)

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 07:19:42 PM
Yeah, but there's no friend codes.

Mystic

Doesn't need VC.
MoHH2 has online friend making.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 07:21:52 PM
Doesn't need VC.
How so? It definatly isn't "hey, this guy is cool" *send friend request with message introducing yourself* and so on?
And yes it needs VC or else you can't coordinate poop...just look at Mario Kart Wii's Battle Mode X_X;;

Mystic

Quote from: Nayrman on July 16, 2008, 07:24:29 PM
Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 07:21:52 PM
Doesn't need VC.
How so? It definatly isn't "hey, this guy is cool" *send friend request with message introducing yourself* and so on?
And yes it needs VC or else you can't coordinate poop...just look at Mario Kart Wii's Battle Mode X_X;;
All you have to do is go to the EA Messenger in the game, and add them to your friend list.

thunderhero4

Now to make this a 100% real FPS experience, we need chat with random people. Think that it will happen? They could have warnings all over the box or game to warn parents if they dont want it

Cornwad

I think it would be good enough if they put some kind of 'Mature Only' warning on the box. That should be enough to tell parents will little ones to stay away.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Cornwad on July 16, 2008, 08:17:22 PM
I think it would be good enough if they put some kind of 'Mature Only' warning on the box. That should be enough to tell parents will little ones to stay away.
Or the usual: Game experience may change during online play. I honestly think Nintendo will do what they always do:

On the top right corner of the back of the box (controller options) they will add the speak thing there. Plus the mature thing only and it will be fine.

Cornwad

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 08:21:13 PM
Or the usual: Game experience may change during online play. I honestly think Nintendo will do what they always do:

On the top right corner of the back of the box (controller options) they will add the speak thing there. Plus the mature thing only and it will be fine.
Knowing people, someone will probably swallow their WiiSpeak, and sue Nintendo anyway >_>

thunderhero4

Quote from: Cornwad on July 16, 2008, 08:26:14 PM

Knowing people, someone will probably swallow their WiiSpeak, and sue Nintendo anyway >_>
...swallow?

Tupin

Yeah.

Just the fact that it's probably going to be rated M will keep parents away.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 08:26:59 PM

Yeah.

Just the fact that it's probably going to be rated M will keep parents away.
Its a good thing I am just about 16 but can still buy them.

DededeCloneChris

This question may seem stupid but, what's so bad about Friend Codes?

Cornwad

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 08:26:53 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 16, 2008, 08:26:14 PM

...swallow?
They will keep moving it closer and closer to their mouth, trying to make themselves louder, until its too late :O