News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

You now have a reason to spend $30 on WiiSpeak.

Started by Tupin, July 16, 2008, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: Cornwad on July 16, 2008, 08:32:51 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 08:26:53 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 16, 2008, 08:26:14 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 08:21:13 PM
Quote from: Cornwad on July 16, 2008, 08:17:22 PM
I think it would be good enough if they put some kind of 'Mature Only' warning on the box. That should be enough to tell parents will little ones to stay away.
Or the usual: Game experience may change during online play. I honestly think Nintendo will do what they always do:

On the top right corner of the back of the box (controller options) they will add the speak thing there. Plus the mature thing only and it will be fine.
Knowing people, someone will probably swallow their WiiSpeak, and sue Nintendo anyway >_>
...swallow?
They will keep moving it closer and closer to their mouth, trying to make themselves louder, until its too late :O
They wouldn't swallow it completely, it's too big for that.

Quote from: wiiboychris on July 16, 2008, 08:29:08 PM
This question may seem stupid but, what's so bad about Friend Codes?
They are eight digits long, are different for every game, and are hard to keep track up. But if it means voice chat, it's worth it. Even if they might have random chat.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Mystic

FCs really aren't the problem. The only problem with FCs is that they are long, and there's one for every game, instead of a universal one (which the Wii ID should have done).

The real problem is that Nintendo doesn't have a central system. No lobby, no real friend list, etc. MKWii was a step in the right direction, as it allowed you to add people if they were in your Wii Address Book, and other minor improvements. Nintendo's system, in short, sucks ass. They need to take lessons from EA and MS.

Tuppy, FCs are 12 digits.

thunderhero4

You obviously havent played a 360 or PS3. Imagine being able to go online in a game playing against a random person. Talk to them, and make friends. You probably want to be able to play them again right? Well, first off, without VC theres really no way. Second, you can just add them instantly instead of the whole complicated process of exchanging friend codes.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 08:35:22 PM
I think it would be good enough if they put some kind of 'Mature Only' warning on the box. That should be enough to tell parents will little ones to stay away.
Or the usual: Game experience may change during online play. I honestly think Nintendo will do what they always do:

On the top right corner of the back of the box (controller options) they will add the speak thing there. Plus the mature thing only and it will be fine.
Knowing people, someone will probably swallow their WiiSpeak, and sue Nintendo anyway >_>
...swallow?
They will keep moving it closer and closer to their mouth, trying to make themselves louder, until its too late :O
They wouldn't swallow it completely, it's too big for that.

They are eight digits long, are different for every game, and are hard to keep track up. But if it means voice chat, it's worth it. Even if they might have random chat.
Oh.

Quote from: Mystic Fury on July 16, 2008, 08:35:50 PM
FCs really aren't the problem. The only problem with FCs is that they are long, and there's one for every game, instead of a universal one (which the Wii ID should have done).

The real problem is that Nintendo doesn't have a central system. No lobby, no real friend list, etc. MKWii was a step in the right direction, as it allowed you to add people if they were in your Wii Address Book, and other minor improvements. Nintendo's system, in short, sucks ass. They need to take lessons from EA and MS.

Tuppy, FCs are 12 digits.
And more ohh, that's why I have a book full of FC of many games, I named it FCy!

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 08:37:07 PM
You obviously havent played a 360 or PS3. Imagine being able to go online in a game playing against a random person. Talk to them, and make friends. You probably want to be able to play them again right? Well, first off, without VC theres really no way. Second, you can just add them instantly instead of the whole complicated process of exchanging friend codes.
I haven't played those because either the one is expensive, but I guess you're going to say "It's worth it". And I see too.

thunderhero4

...swallow?
lol only a REALLY fat kid would be big anough to hunch that whole thing down without a trip to the hospital! :D

thunderhero4

No, Chris, I am not going to say it's worth it. Well, sure your getting your money's worth of flawless, excellent online, but most games on 360/PS3 are rated T-M. And they are also mostly shooters, and not everybody likes them.

Leggy

Cornwad

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 08:39:01 PM

...swallow?
lol only a REALLY fat kid would be big anough to hunch that whole thing down without a trip to the hospital! :D
They manged to fall of their balance boards and kill small animals and children with Wiimotes, they will find a way to injure themselves with WiiSpeak :P

Tupin

Quote from: Leggy on July 16, 2008, 08:40:44 PM
Using the WiiSpeak for an FPS? lol...
This is why third parties will make headsets.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Cornwad on July 16, 2008, 08:41:27 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 08:39:01 PM

...swallow?
They manged to fall of their balance boards and kill small animals and children with Wiimotes, they will find a way to injure themselves with WiiSpeak :P
XD Yep...i think somebody on the other end will amplify the sound, causing hearing damage :D

Leggy

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 08:42:01 PM

You are assuming this, correct?

thunderhero4

Quote from: Leggy on July 16, 2008, 09:48:53 PM

Yeah, that is probably a false assumption

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 09:49:57 PM

Why wouldn't third parties like Nyko make a headset?

There's obviously going to be a few third party headsets that come out around the time of WiiSpeak.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 09:54:23 PM

There's obviously going to be a few third party headsets that come out around the time of WiiSpeak.
Because Nyko made a nunchuck and they got sured for it. nintendo is giving us VC, and if we take too much advantage of it, they will take it away and stop making the Speak things.

Tupin

Quote from: thunderhero4 on July 16, 2008, 09:56:34 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 16, 2008, 09:54:23 PM

Because Nyko made a nunchuck and they got sured for it. nintendo is giving us VC, and if we take too much advantage of it, they will take it away and stop making the Speak things.
Do you really think that will stop them? If they get sued over their products, they will either pull the product entirely or redesign it enough so they can keep it on the market. They've done it before, and they'll do it again.

It's a freaking headset. Nintendo will let them make it as long as it doesn't infringe on their copyrights. Which is impossible, because they don't HAVE an official first party headset.