News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Your Favorite Sonic Game

Started by Dog Food, May 03, 2010, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

My personal favorite is Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, just because of fun times with friends. And I remember hearing a rumor that once you beat DX with all characters at 100%, you unlock Super Sonic. So I was so close to beating it, with only Gamma (I think was his name... Maybe Omega) at 90%, when my memory card got corrupted. I've been too lazy to do it all again.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Cornwad

It's my favorite too for the same reasons. Chao garden was amazing.

Zero

Sonic 3 is my favorite.

I do love me some Sonic Adventure 2 though. After that game the series took a poop on itself. The day stages of Sonic Unleashed(360) were a step in the right direction though.

SkyMyl

I've only played the Genesis Sonic games and Sonic Advance 2, so I'll have to say Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

The Riddler

Sonic 3 & Knuckles, or Sonic Adventure for Dreamcast.

JrDude

I can play Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2: Battle over and over again and not get bored of it (Except Big, though it was fun, I prefer not to have to do it to play Super Sonic).
And you didn't know about Super Sonic? Though you don't have to get 100%, if I'm not mistaken, I think I missed an upgrade of Knuckles my first play through and still got to Super Sonic. It's different than the classic games' Super Sonic, you play as Sonic for a little bit, then face off against the final boss and become Super Sonic, you also find out what that light thingy was that made you go in the past.

Anyway, my all time favorite is Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, the levels were amazing, the story was good, the bosses were fun, Chao Garden was intercourse ing awesome, and more, the only thing I didn't like is how Shadow had the least amount of levels, while it was his intro game and everyone's favorite (most people loved Shadow more than every other Sonic character, the Shadow the Hedgehog game changed that).
If they remade that game EXACTLY THE SAME (besides graphics, and INCLUDING CHAO GARDEN), I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

Sonic 2.

I can beat Emerald Hill Zone within 29 seconds.

jnfs2014

Nayrman

Sonic 3 and Knuckles is easily my favorite (and most likely the best Sonic game ever).

3D game wise it's Adventure 2 Battle.

THEBIRD

i could cheat and say Gems Collection or some poop like that, since it has all the oldies on it. but sa2b was a good game, too.

Rayquarian

Imma have to give this to Sonic 3.

Qsmash

Thirteenthorder

Hands down Adventure 2 Battle. I remember my sister and I clamoring through level after level over and over just to fuel our Chao Garden obsession.

Chao Garden was awesome and I think it redeemed the game's other faults.
When you're not lookin'...

Thirdkoopa

Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble

It had everything you wanted (Well almost) in old sonic games put combined outside of Co-Op. On top with that, it also had Nack and a fantastic level design and sound track to go with that.

After that I'd probably have to give it to the rest of the 6 classics (1-3, CD, Sonic Chaos, S&K) and the two Adventure games. A few others kinda are close on-par to me but they're spin-offs. If I was to judge one out of those I'd go with Sonic Adventure. While it didn't have as much replay value as 2 and a few other things that 2 had over it it showed a great general plot structure with multiple characters. To par with that while having few levels it was rather good at it's level design for a 3D sonic game.

A few improvements here and there and more levels to par with, having a good camera/fixing glitches, and having every character follow a similar platforming route and you have one hell of a beginning on this how "How to improve 3D sonic" poop.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

I like how Sonic Adventure (DX) did the story for each character in how they would have told it. Like, ask 6 people how something happened and what everyone said, and get 6 different but similar stories, some will remember it differently while some say some lies to make them look better. I replayed it a few days ago, and renoticed the diologue was different for each person on each character.
It's not my favorite all time Sonic game, I just felt like pointing that out.
[move][/move]
Dude .