News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Playing videos on the PSP; in need of assistance

Started by THEEVILSPERKY, October 11, 2007, 09:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THEEVILSPERKY

My understanding is I need to create a folder in the PSP folder entitled "VIDEO".  I've done that and I've purchased 123MoviestoPSP or whatever it's called.  I've converted a video file to MP4 or MPEG-4 or whatever the PSP desires and I've placed that in the VIDEO folder.. 'cept my PSP claims it's empty when I try and find it to play on my PSP.

Any pointers?
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

lolz

ive made a topic for this im havin the same problem but iknow what ti do ......u need to install or do sumthin wit custom firmware

The Academy Is...

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on October 11, 2007, 09:22:41 PM
My understanding is I need to create a folder in the PSP folder entitled "VIDEO".  I've done that and I've purchased 123MoviestoPSP or whatever it's called.  I've converted a video file to MP4 or MPEG-4 or whatever the PSP desires and I've placed that in the VIDEO folder.. 'cept my PSP claims it's empty when I try and find it to play on my PSP.

Any pointers?

What firmware is your PSP? And ignore the guy talking about the custom firmware... Also, you can get  several free converters which are also good from the internet..

THEEVILSPERKY

Firmware?  Um.. I just recently did a System Update (they're good to do, right?) so I guess that would mean I have the latest firmware.  I really don't know what I'm saying when I say firmware.  I'm not super computer-savvy in the least.  Also, it's a Slim PSP I'm working with here, just in case that's important to note.  I couldn't get videos to play on my old PSP either, but I don't have that anymore and it's not really important to note that.. just sharing my history of frustration and confusion. ~_^;
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

THEEVILSPERKY

Well.. um.. I've got an update on my situation.  I've successfully gotten videos to play on my PSP.  If anyone else happens to have this problem, just post here and let me know.  I'll post an explanation and then anyone can just look at that in the future if need-be and whatnot.  ~_^

The Academy Is...

THEEVILSPERKY

Nope, I'm good now.  The manual that came with the PSP suggested to create a sub-folder called "VIDEO" while really I needed to create a MP_ROOT directory not within the PSP folder and within a sub-folder of MP_ROOT is where the .MP4's go.  ^_^

At least.. that's what is working for me. ~_^

The Academy Is...

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on October 17, 2007, 08:12:45 PM
Nope, I'm good now.  The manual that came with the PSP suggested to create a sub-folder called "VIDEO" while really I needed to create a MP_ROOT directory not within the PSP folder and within a sub-folder of MP_ROOT is where the .MP4's go.  ^_^

At least.. that's what is working for me. ~_^

Your PSP should be set up like this:

Memory Stick:

MP_ROOT
PSP
MUSIC
VIDEO
PICTURE

Just put it in the VIDEO folder, or rename it to M4VXXXXX.MP4 and put it in the subfolder already created in the MP_ROOT folder. But I think putting it in the VIDEO folder and not having to rename it is easier.

lolz

um wha i said is crap up there i cant help sorry

THEEVILSPERKY

Hmm.. my PSP is, by default, set to "PSP (MUSIC, PHOTO, etc.)" and not all side-by-side.  What's the point of a PSP folder if everything is put in the appropriate folders around it?  I know a sub-folder for VIDEO under PSP doesn't work.. but side-by-side I haven't tried.  This is all very strange..

I seem to be fine just renaming the files.  But if I follow this other method.. it seems to cancel out reason for having other folders if you'll aren't to put files in them anymore.  I don't think I follow all of this 100% but at least I can get video files to play on my PSP finally.

The Academy Is...

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on October 21, 2007, 07:25:42 PM
Hmm.. my PSP is, by default, set to "PSP (MUSIC, PHOTO, etc.)" and not all side-by-side.  What's the point of a PSP folder if everything is put in the appropriate folders around it?  I know a sub-folder for VIDEO under PSP doesn't work.. but side-by-side I haven't tried.  This is all very strange..

I seem to be fine just renaming the files.  But if I follow this other method.. it seems to cancel out reason for having other folders if you'll aren't to put files in them anymore.  I don't think I follow all of this 100% but at least I can get video files to play on my PSP finally.

In the original PSP firmware you had to rename it and put it in the MP_ROOT folder, then with some firmware update (2.0?) Sony made it easier to put videos on the PSP. So now just make a VIDEO folder next to the PSP one and you don't have to rename it, and make a MUSIC, and a PHOTO one and just put your stuff in there, it is a whole lot easier.

THEEVILSPERKY

I gotta move some things around then 'cause that'd be much nicer to view when I have it open on my computer screen, so I can better see what I'm working with there.  I wonder how it retains it's old name when viewed on the PSP.  Oh well.

The Academy Is...

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on October 22, 2007, 09:53:44 PM
I gotta move some things around then 'cause that'd be much nicer to view when I have it open on my computer screen, so I can better see what I'm working with there.  I wonder how it retains it's old name when viewed on the PSP.  Oh well.

It doesn't take long to move from one folder to anther as long the file is not switching memory sticks. Tell me how it works out for you and/or you don't understand.

THEEVILSPERKY

I just have to re-rename my files so they appear with normal-looking names again.  It works just fine.