News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

I didn't like Metroid Prime!

Started by Cajunstarwalker, September 24, 2007, 02:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigaMetroid99

I hated it at first because I couldn't beat the Parasite Qeen.:D

But then I actually got used to the controls and beat the game with relative ease.:P

The purpose of all the backtracking and powerups and not a ton of enemies and puzzles is because it's a Metroid game. If you've played a 2-D Metroid game, you'll understand. The 2-D games were, after all, Metroid's roots. They had to remain faithful to the old style of gameplay if they wanted to keep fans interested.;)

DSWiiMaster42

It's a FPS and adventure mixed together. The original MP sort of sounds just like Super Metroid, how it's easy to get lost and a lot of backtracking. I'm a die-hard Metroid fan, I like every Metroid game I've played except Super Metroid. (Please don't hate me for that) And the only two games I've played in the Prime series is MPH and MPC. But I'm still a die-hard Metroid fan.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Tahrann on October 06, 2007, 12:12:22 PM
Quote from: VidiotMan13 on October 06, 2007, 10:39:02 AM
Quote from: Cecil_and_Kain on October 05, 2007, 12:26:21 PM
Quote from: VidiotMan13 on October 03, 2007, 08:07:08 PM
I loved that game and I got it and I beat it in 24 hours. I loved it and wouldn't stop playing it. But it is your opinion.
It seriously took you that long?

I wanted to get 100% but I'm still trying. Also I just checked I was 10 hours off. I actually beat it in14 hours.

100% in 10

100% in 7 1/2 for me

Chain Chompesque

Backtracking was good and balanced. It was a good mix of action and adventure. If you buy First-Person Shooters just to shoot things and watch unrealistic amounts of blood splatter everywhere, go play Halo. Metroid Prime was very unique and obviously did well enough to deserve two more games afterward. I'm surprised you complained about the length as well--Do you want a game to be over in a short amount of time? Waste of money if you do.
To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, shut up.
Also, you can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Join the Mushroom Kingdom wars!

Join the Pikmin wars!

Dumple Land! <-Click this one.
Labor! I said labor, dang it!
Time for transport!

Tahrann

Quote from: Chain Chompesque on October 17, 2007, 04:59:06 PM
Backtracking was good and balanced. It was a good mix of action and adventure. If you buy First-Person Shooters just to shoot things and watch unrealistic amounts of blood splatter everywhere, go play Halo. Metroid Prime was very unique and obviously did well enough to deserve two more games afterward. I'm surprised you complained about the length as well--Do you want a game to be over in a short amount of time? Waste of money if you do.

The problem with halo is, when your done with story mode, there is only one thing to do, internet matches. Metroid keeps you in longer than halo does tho
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Chain Chompesque

Quote from: Tahrann on October 17, 2007, 06:57:19 PM
Quote from: Chain Chompesque on October 17, 2007, 04:59:06 PM

The problem with halo is, when your done with story mode, there is only one thing to do, internet matches. Metroid keeps you in longer than halo does tho

Yeah...although, in a way, Metroid Prime and Halo shouldn't be compared. They're obscenely different. The only similarity is that they're first person shooters about people on other planets with spacesuits. The gameplay is obscenely different...Halo kills you in a few hits, it's about dodging everything. Metroid Prime is about lasting for long periods of time. Metroid Prime is more based on adventure and exploration,  Halo is more based on shooting things. Metroid Prime was made for single player, Halo was made for multiplayer. I haven't played Halo, but there are some pretty obvious differences. To me, the two shouldn't be compared.
To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, shut up.
Also, you can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Join the Mushroom Kingdom wars!

Join the Pikmin wars!

Dumple Land! <-Click this one.
Labor! I said labor, dang it!
Time for transport!

Allegretto

You need patience to enjoy a metroid game..but you should give corruption a try.