News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

~ NSFCD Holiday VC/WiiWare Gift Exchange ~

Started by Doodle, December 12, 2008, 05:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doodle

~ NSFCD Holiday VC/WiiWare Gift Echange ~
Give a Virtual Console or WiiWare game a home besides yours this holiday season!

First off, mods, you can move this if you want. I just thought I should post this in Power On.

Welcome to the NSFCD Holiday VC/WiiWare Gift Exchange! This is just a little thing I thought of, since it's that time of the year again. Here you'll be able to give gifts and receive gifts from other members.

Gifts? For free? I'm intrigued, explain yourself.

How it works is simple. Just post some information, and your Wish List. Other members will see these(I'll edit them all into this post) and give you gifts. You could also make deals with other members, by offering a game that somebody wants in exchange for something YOU want. But this is mainly for GIVING, not trading. Since if you have the points, you could just get the game yourself.
To send a gift, go to the Wii Shop Channel and find the gift your giving. Then click "Gift," the person's name, and wall-ah!

I guess I could...so how do I post my Wish List?

That's also simple! To give and receive Virtual Console and WiiWare games, you'll need each other's Wii Codes. Then you'll need to post your Wish List. Just post the games you want in a list, from most wanted to least wanted.  Use this as an example:

Name - Wii Code
Super Mario RPG
Bomberman Blast
Tetris Party
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Also, if you change your mind about a game you want, but have already received it, you don't need to take it. According to Nintendo's site, if you wait 45 days, the gift will be returned, and the person who sent it to you will receive their points back. If you want to change your list, don't edit your post, either. Just post it again with the edits you made, I'll be able to notice it better that way.
And when you receive a game on your list, remember to post here and mark it off your list, so others don't give you what you have!

Aha! I posted my Wish List! Um...now what?
Now you wait for your gift. You could also give a game to somebody else.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WISH LISTS

metroidhunter777 - Wii Code Not Mentioned
LoZ:OoT
Super Mario World (SNES) - 800 points

sonicdude164 - Wii Code Not Mentioned
Super Mario RPG (N64) - 800 points
World of Goo (WiiWare) - 1500 points

Ridley - Wii Code Not Mentioned
A Zelda game (VC) - 500-1000 points

JrDude - 0767 3865 5155 8968
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - 1000 points

When I get some Wii Points, I'll give some games to people. There isn't really anything I want right now, anyway.
Also, feel free to post your comments and suggestions about this. If you have any tips on how this should work, please let me know! :)

YEAH

metroidhunter777

This is a very intriguing idea; it might be a bit hard to pull off, though, since most people here are either in college or close to that or in their early years of high school/late years of Jr. High. Plus, most people will feel like vagina cleaning devices if they can't get anything for someone else. >_> If I feel like being kind, I might send a game to someone who sends one to me after Christmas. No guarantees, though. :3

Wish List
1. LoZ:OoT
2. Super Mario World

...and that's all I've really got for now. >_>

Mutilator7

Just download the wiiware/vc game you want to your SD card, and install it with homebrew, but getting it from someone else is nice too.

Ridley

I don't believe in using the homebrew channel illegally. Also I would like to participate. :) I will try to get some of my good friends some games they want.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Red

Wouldn't you also need to know the wii numbers?

sonicdude164

sonicdude164's wishlist
super mario rpg
world of goo

if you don't get me anything i won't hate you that much

Macawmoses

Heh, I just won 2000 Wii Points from NS2, and I had plans on running contests to give some of it away. But what the hell, I'll make someones dreams come true. I'll add Wii Numbers and such over the course of the week, and one of you will earn a WiiWare or Virtual Console game out of it. Cheers.

~MoM~

JrDude

Is Majora's Mask downloadable? If so, I want that, 'cause I never played it...
That's all I want.
[move][/move]
Dude .

HTA!

Wow, that was actually a pretty cool idea.
I won;t participate... some issues with the Wii and the nuisance of parental spying... but happy holidays all!

Ridley

Oh I have never owned a Zelda game nor owned one so I might like to get one. I'm not sure which one though.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Mutilator7

Quote from: JrDude on December 12, 2008, 11:10:21 PM
Is Majora's Mask downloadable? If so, I want that, 'cause I never played it...
That's all I want.

No, i don't think it's on the shop channel, they need to put that on there though.

Doodle

Quote from: Ridley on December 13, 2008, 09:22:53 AM
Oh I have never owned a Zelda game nor owned one so I might like to get one. I'm not sure which one though.

Yeah...you need to play one. ;)
And yes, you need each other's Wii codes. I mentioned that in the post, but forgot to add it to the example. So I'll get on that now.
YEAH

JrDude

Ok, since MM is unavailable, I have always wanted to play OoT again, especially since I never got the chance to fight the last boss D:

(Wii Code: 0767 3865 5155 8968)
[move][/move]
Dude .