The Official SSBB Spoiler Thread. -Post all Spoiler Threads/Posts here.-

Started by Geno, January 28, 2008, 10:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dawei

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 06, 2008, 08:44:12 PM
Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 08:41:34 PM
Guys, I found some character reviews.

Have fun

Future users of Fox, Wolf, Pit, and Diddy Kong, rejoice.
All you have to do with Pit is spam that one quick sword spinning move.
So you camp with a ranged character. Or use 1337 mindgames.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 08:51:45 PM

Have fun

Something tells me Snake is going to be a natural enemy of the Pit user.
Interesting takes on Olimar and Sonic though. I figured Olimar would be good once mastered, but 100% in seven seconds?! Good gawd man.
I seriously wish to see people get good with Sonic. He's going to be my main regardless (I'm not a long range type, so I was never good with other speedsters). thank god Marth is nearly as good as he was in Melee.

Dawei

Quote from: Nayrman on February 06, 2008, 09:07:52 PM

Have fun

Interesting takes on Olimar and Sonic though. I figured Olimar would be good once mastered, but 100% in seven seconds?! Good gawd man.
I seriously wish to see people get good with Sonic. He's going to be my main regardless (I'm not a long range type, so I was never good with other speedsters). thank god Marth is nearly as good as he was in Melee.
Give it a month after it is out in America and you'll get good info on him.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 09:12:56 PM

Have fun

I figured. At least in this game there isn't a clear cut "best" and "worst" like in Melee. I'm glad even though there will be the top tier guys (Marth, Fox, the like) and the bottem tier (Yoshi, DK, Bowser), there is no super spread like in Melee from the Fox's to the Pichu's.
It'll be interesting to see how some of the more obscure/unkown characters are. I think Olimar, Wolf, and Sonic could rise to top tier if they end up being used right...
I'm just more surprised Dorf got nerfed so much and Lucario isn't as good as I thought he was...(at least based of this one user's list)

Dawei

Quote from: Nayrman on February 06, 2008, 09:17:15 PM

Have fun

I figured. At least in this game there isn't a clear cut "best" and "worst" like in Melee. I'm glad even though there will be the top tier guys (Marth, Fox, the like) and the bottem tier (Yoshi, DK, Bowser), there is no super spread like in Melee from the Fox's to the Pichu's.
It'll be interesting to see how some of the more obscure/unkown characters are. I think Olimar, Wolf, and Sonic could rise to top tier if they end up being used right...
I'm just more surprised Dorf got nerfed so much and Lucario isn't as good as I thought he was...(at least based of this one user's list)
Wolf, definetely, Sonic, not so much. He has speed, but he needs more range and power.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 09:21:10 PM

Have fun

Wolf, definetely, Sonic, not so much. He has speed, but he needs more range and power.
From the video's I've seen he has great potential to be a combo machine once people get good with him. At least he has more power/KO moves than Metaknight does. If he was like MK then Sonic would be in trouble in regard to tourney's. I'm just amazed Toon Link got such a high ranking. All the combo/arial moves seem true based on vids, but he just doesn't seem to have the satmina/recovery to make him seem worthwhile in my opinion.
Methinks Wolf will become the guy everyone wants nerfed for Smash 4.

Dawei

Quote from: Nayrman on February 06, 2008, 09:25:08 PM
Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 09:21:10 PM

Have fun

From the video's I've seen he has great potential to be a combo machine once people get good with him. At least he has more power/KO moves than Metaknight does. If he was like MK then Sonic would be in trouble in regard to tourney's. I'm just amazed Toon Link got such a high ranking. All the combo/arial moves seem true based on vids, but he just doesn't seem to have the satmina/recovery to make him seem worthwhile in my opinion.
Methinks Wolf will become the guy everyone wants nerfed for Smash 4.
And looking at the impressions for Fox, I don't see it happening.

Nayrman

Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 09:33:38 PM

I know...hell, Marth and Fox are near the same as they were in Melee. I'm just glad Marth's side B actually has a use now.
Who are you going to main as?
I think we'll be seeing plenty of Fox/Wolf users with an occasional Marth user a plenty.
I just wanna know why Sakurai continues to make DK and Yoshi suck so massivley?

Dawei

Quote from: Nayrman on February 06, 2008, 09:38:20 PM

I know...hell, Marth and Fox are near the same as they were in Melee. I'm just glad Marth's side B actually has a use now.
I think we'll be seeing plenty of Fox/Wolf users with an occasional Marth user a plenty.
I don't know. Unlike everyone else, I like to play with the character first. I do know I will try out Marth, Wolf, and Fox as soon as I get them though (I'll do most of my runs with Fox until I unlock the others).

tollhouse2006

So since you said Ganondorf was nerfed, how is he know?  Faster?
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Cornwad

Neerb

Quote from: Dawei on February 06, 2008, 10:00:07 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on February 06, 2008, 09:38:20 PM

I don't know. Unlike everyone else, I like to play with the character first. I do know I will try out Marth, Wolf, and Fox as soon as I get them though (I'll do most of my runs with Fox until I unlock the others).
With the exception of the fact that Pichu is a sucky version of Pikachu, I've never actually considered there to be any tiers; it all depends on the player.  If Player 1 is better with Yoshi than Player 2 is with Fox, Player 1 will win in a "Final Destination no items tourney match."

Fell

OH YEAH ROB AND LUIGI ARE MY MAINS.

Luigi's even better? YEAH!!!!

ROB's good? YEAH

Toon Link looks fun too!

Marth seems like he'll be hard to get used to....But I'll try him out. :)

Spongebob does not approve

Nayrman

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on February 07, 2008, 05:22:56 AM
OH YEAH ROB AND LUIGI ARE MY MAINS.

Luigi's even better? YEAH!!!!

ROB's good? YEAH

Toon Link looks fun too!

Marth seems like he'll be hard to get used to....But I'll try him out. :)

They're probably just basing it off his good recovery and one good beam move...
I've seen his specials and quite a few of his moves...many seem rather useless...
either that or someone over there knows how to actually play as him.

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...