Why people are disappointed with the roster, and why our "whining" is justified.

Started by Jono2, January 29, 2008, 02:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avion-Finch

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

Jono2

Quote from: Avion-Finch on January 29, 2008, 03:34:25 PM
The only thing Im dissapointed about is the lack of GS

yeah, I've never understood why they don't put in GS characters.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Jono2

Avion-Finch

Brawl FC 1504-5840-0611 name Avion, mains below(as of now)

X-3

Quote from: Jono2 on January 29, 2008, 03:31:50 PM
I'm not saying they're deserving.  They're more deserving than a character that shouldn't be in-game, that was a crappy toy, that was just a moneymaker for nintendo. :|

ROB is a blight on Nintendo's history, not a shining star.  it shows their first way of scamming people out of their money by using gimmicks to sell a game.  why people look back on ROB as a good thing, I don't know.  just because it made the company succeed overseas, doesn't mean it was a good thing in the first place.

ToS2:KoR is coming out within the year.  Lloyd would be a good advertisement.
Tails would be a partner to Sonic, and since there are no more third party companies, he would fit if there were to be another third party character.
Paper Mario means another mario clone.  a mario clone is more deserving than a link clone, because mario has had an outstanding game, really, more than five, within the last 10 years (TP wasn't a fantastic game no matter how much you want it to have been.  Galaxy was.).

Ridley is more deserving because:
1. metroid should have another rep as the 5th most profitable nintendo franchise
2. ZSS doesn't count as a new rep, as she's a shiek version of samus
3. Dark Samus has Samus in the name.
4. Ridley is the most recurring character aside from samus in the series.

Yoshi has his own series, more games in it than Wario does his.  if Yoshi should be morphed into the mario series, Wario should too.

Now, your turn.  tell me why ROB is deserving.  tell me why he isn't a blight.

Ganondorf has magic, and he had magic variations of Falcon's moves in the previous game.  yeah, he was a clone, but he was different enough to be his own character, unlike fox/falco or link/Ylink.  That remains to be so.

First off:

Yoshi: 4
WarioWare: 4

About equal. I don't get where you're getting this "Yoshi has more games" thing from. Oh,a nd I didn't count the Wario Land games

ToS's sequel has no release date at all, and Lloyd himself has only been in two games, one of which he was thrown in.
Sonic is already in, making Tails just a wate of space. AT.
Paper Mario has been 3 games, and would actually be badass.

I agree about Ridley. Why isn't he playable? :\

ROB is a piece of Nintendo's history, one many remember fondly. Do I want him in? No, not really, personally. But still, he's a reminder of how far Nintendo has come.

And crap games? I'm sure they weren't all that bad.

But seriously, the roster is pretty good, IMO, and it had most of what I wanted.

Nayrman

Trust me the megaer two games ROB played were HORRENDOUSLY bad. They were REQUIRED for ROB to play, and he was a complete idiot. He'd get stuck and mess stuff up all the time. I'm fine if he's an enemy or a backround object, but Rob should never be allowed to be playable again.
Sorry, I just hate the bucket of bolts.

I'm not terribly happy. Sonic and Ike where the only newcomers that I actually WANTED and got in...

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on January 29, 2008, 03:45:36 PM
Trust me the megaer two games ROB played were HORRENDOUSLY bad. They were REQUIRED for ROB to play, and he was a complete idiot. He'd get stuck and mess stuff up all the time. I'm fine if he's an enemy or a backround object, but Rob should never be allowed to be playable again.

I'm not terribly happy. Sonic and Ike where the only newcomers that I actually WANTED and got in...
By the way, I bet he moves VERY SLOW.

Just like in real life.

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on January 29, 2008, 02:44:48 PM
Well f*** the haters, because I like Toon Link.

Quoted for truth.

He was one of my 3 favourites to get in. Now with Dedede, G&W and Toon Link I have every wanted character in Brawl. :D

Tupin

Quote from: TheKoopaBros. on January 29, 2008, 03:48:38 PM

Quoted for truth.

He was one of my 3 favourites to get in. Now with Dedede, G&W and Toon Link I have every wanted character in Brawl. :D
Well good for you.

I got Dedede and Toon Link.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 29, 2008, 03:47:14 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on January 29, 2008, 03:45:36 PM

By the way, I bet he moves VERY SLOW.

Just like in real life.
OMG don't get me started on that... if I ever had my neighbors ROB, I'd crush it with a bat.

Lucky you KoopaBros.  you got who you wanted. I did get my top two but the other three I REALLY wanted aren't in X_X;;

Fell

I love all characters. Except Jiggly.

WHY DON'T PEOPLE GIVE EM CHANCES?!

I mean, Sakurai knows what he's doing. Maybe Japan loved ROB.

Maybe he's the best character? WHO KNOWS. You haven't played as him yet. How can you not like him, if you haven't played as him yet? :|

Spongebob does not approve

Cornwad

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on January 29, 2008, 03:51:58 PM

Maybe he's the best character? WHO KNOWS. You haven't played as him yet. How can you not like him, if you haven't played as him yet? :|
ROB is the main character. His icon is the SSE icon...
And why do you hate Jiggly?  :'(

Jono2

they weren't all that bad, but LoZ hasn't had masterpieces like

Paper mario, TTYD, Super
Mario Sunshine, Galaxy
NSMB, etc.  all prime games.

OoT was more than 10 years ago by this point, Wind Waker was too much of a fetch quest, and TP wasn't really worth the wait.

the only one you could argue is Phantom Hourglass, because I haven't played that game, yet I hear it was good.

Yoshi's Cookie
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Island DS
Yoshi's Topsy Turvy

at least 5.

and wario is based off of the warioware design.  I hate wario anyways, because they should've used his wario land setup instead...  his Warioware one just seems immature and kiddy.  OLOL POTTY HUMOR

I'm just saying, they could've just brought over the melee engine and had much more to start with.  Toon Link is fine on my account, but they should start adding original characters before they put in characters that are the same character with a different moveset.

consider this.

Tekken 6 has what... 38, possibly more characters.  each has 50 distinct moves to themselves.  Yeah, it's on the PS3, but that's beside the point.  They could have been much more original than how they were.

Nayrman

Quote from: Felldohs_wrath on January 29, 2008, 03:51:58 PM

Please read my previous posts as to why I hate rob.
And ROB's gonna suck...we all know it. He's going to be insanely slow and have no jumping ability (he has no legs!)