Is Sakurai sexist?

Started by DededeCloneChris, February 14, 2008, 12:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

Quote from: Nintenfrk on February 14, 2008, 01:26:58 PM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on February 14, 2008, 04:50:39 AM
Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 14, 2008, 04:45:27 AM
Quote from: Smash Bro 25 on February 14, 2008, 04:34:23 AM
Krystal definately deserved to be in.  But I don't think Sakurai's sexist; he just hates us!  ;)
Example: ROB and ICs got in instead of Ray 01, Krystal, Ridley, or Bowser Jr., even though they were all super popular and more deserving.
Actually Ice Climber games were what Sakurai played during childhood.  That's why they are in smash bros.  I found this on wikipedia.
Yeah, and it didn't deserve to be in.  Just like the rest of the complaint I made, it apparently doesn't matter what the fans want to be in, or even what honestly deserves to be in.  It's about what Sakurai personally likes.  Also, Sora or Geno definately deserved to be in more than Snake (square enix>konami in terms of how close they are with nintendo).
But Snake's creator begged Sakurai for Snake to be in Melee but it was too late. So, to be kind, Sakurai decided to put Snake in Brawl. Also Sakurai loved the ice climbers, they were his favorite video game character so why wouldn't he put them in Melee?

Quote from: Shujinco on February 14, 2008, 05:48:39 AM
LOL, Square, from what I've heard, HATES Nintendo. Or at least, that's what I've heard. :-X
Actually, Square got its start on the NES. The only reason the heavy-hitting Final Fantasies have been on Sony's consoles is because, when the N64 was made, Sqaure believed that final Fantasy XII wouldn't work on a cartridge based system, so they teamed up with Sony. When the Gamecube came, Square saw that Nintendo's newest disk based console would be able to handle their ideas, but they had signed a contract with Sony which forbade them from making final fantasy games on other consoles.
Yeah, except The spinoffs like KH and Chocobo games and the DS remakes/spinoffs.   :|

Whoever's fault it was, Nintendo or Sony, they were stupid not to put a FF or KH character in Brawl.  Or, at the very least, Geno.

DededeCloneChris

Please, you could tell that Lucario's voice is of a man! He is male then!

Nintenfrk

Quote from: wiiboychris on February 14, 2008, 06:40:40 PM
Maybe female Lucarios have pituitary gland issues? :P
The man in black fled across the desert...and the gunslinger followed.

Tupin

If only there was a way to tell if a Lucario is male or female like a Pikachu.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Michael227

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 14, 2008, 07:10:17 PM
If only there was a way to tell if a Lucario is male or female like a Pikachu.
there iss one for pikachu *looks up pokemon pearl pokedex* a female has a different tail  ;) pikachu is a male

CrazyGamer

How many other Woman are there?

Cooking Mama?
Your computer is unable to compute me.

tollhouse2006

Here's a list of female reps that people wanted.

Krystal
Lyn
Lip
Midna

That's about it.  There aren't very much because Brawl's covered the most important ones.  Btw.  What game is Lip from?
Friend Code: 2622-1690-4267  Finally have wifi

Nintenfrk

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on February 15, 2008, 07:51:25 PM
Here's a list of female reps that people wanted.

Krystal
Lyn
Lip
Midna

That's about it.  There aren't very much because Brawl's covered the most important ones.  Btw.  What game is Lip from?
Panel de Pon (Why do I know this?)

tibar7

Quote from: Nintenfrk on February 14, 2008, 07:03:11 PM
oh next everyone's gonna be saying u can tell what gender lucario is by looking up its skirt. did u notice how in the pokemon show they always refered to the pokemon as "it." i have no idea what pokemon are what anymore. there's people telling me that jigglypuff is a male. i'm really mad that krystal isn't even an assist trophy. Sakurai knew that she was highly requested as a playable so he figured it would be an exellent idea to give her a little cameo at Corneria in classic mode that no one cares about. he's not sexist. he just only puts in characters requested by Japanese fans.
The Brawl Shenanigans -Tibar's Team

I know, my sig is just awesome! Die spoiler rule!

Tupin

Quote from: tibar7 on February 15, 2008, 08:43:46 PM
oh next everyone's gonna be saying u can tell what gender lucario is by looking up its skirt. did u notice how in the pokemon show they always refered to the pokemon as "it." i have no idea what pokemon are what anymore. there's people telling me that jigglypuff is a male. i'm really mad that krystal isn't even an assist trophy. Sakurai knew that she was highly requested as a playable so he figured it would be an exellent idea to give her a little cameo at Corneria in classic mode that no one cares about. he's not sexist. he just only puts in characters requested by Japanese fans.
You can tell if a Pikachu is male or female by if it's tail is split or not.

The one in Brawl is a male. Jigglypuff isn't known, but most people refer to it as a female because she was female in the anime.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 15, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

The one in Brawl is a male. Jigglypuff isn't known, but most people refer to it as a female because she was female in the anime.
Was? Sexist! ;D

Tupin

Quote from: wiiboychris on February 15, 2008, 09:45:12 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on February 15, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Was? Sexist! ;D
Jigglypuffs can be male or female.

They clearly address the one in the anime as a she.

And besides, I don't think Jiggs is a recurring character in the anime anymore.

darkmario

okay 3 things:
1:Dont show this message to nintendo they might delay brawl for 6 months to add more girl characters  ;) .
2: isnt jiggly puff a girl  ????
3:just do what my sister dose,she pretends  all the pokemon(the small ones) are girls.
she dose the same with kirby ,young link(  ???? )  diddy, king dedede(  ???? ) and more!

Nintenfrk

Quote from: darkmario on February 15, 2008, 10:08:27 PM
okay 3 things:
1:Dont show this message to nintendo they might delay brawl for 6 months to add more girl characters  ;) .
3:just do what my sister dose,she pretends  all the pokemon(the small ones) are girls.
she dose the same with kirby ,young link(  ???? )  diddy, king dedede(  ???? ) and more!
Your sister has some issues to deal out with a therapist. I personally refer to Jigglypuff as a male (he, his etc. etc.) mostly because no one knows, i just think he's a boy.

Tupin

Quote from: Nintenfrk on February 16, 2008, 11:49:33 AM
Quote from: darkmario on February 15, 2008, 10:08:27 PM
okay 3 things:
Your sister has some issues to deal out with a therapist. I personally refer to Jigglypuff as a male (he, his etc. etc.) mostly because no one knows, i just think he's a boy.
I refer to Jigglypuff as a female because she is female in the Pokemon cartoon, by which she was made VERY popular.