News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Toon Link needs another game....

Started by Tupin, April 05, 2008, 06:56:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Phantom Hourglass did not do Windwaker, one of the best Zelda games ever, justice.

First of all, Tetra's/Navi's Trackers needs to be translated and come to America.

A console Windwaker sequel should be created with Vaati or maybe one of the Oracle villains as the main antagonist.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Triforce_Luigi

I agree. Veran, Vaati, and Onox are too awesome to forget.

Tupin

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on April 05, 2008, 07:09:51 PM
Veran should be the villain.

Also, the plot should be that Link finally finds his way back to Outset after weeks adrift after Linebeck's ship crashes.

He finds all of his family and friends turned to stone, much like Tetra was.

He runs to tell the Great Fairy and then stops on the bridge.

Veran appears briefly and causes Link to fall of a cliff.

When he comes to, he sees the King of Red Lions in pieces. A simple quest repairs him, and Link sets out to find a fix for his family.

But little does he know, he will discover a much deeper problem....

What do you think?

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on April 05, 2008, 07:32:57 PM

Also, the plot should be that Link finally finds his way back to Outset after weeks adrift after Linebeck's ship crashes.

When he comes to, he sees the King of Red Lions in pieces. A simple quest repairs him, and Link sets out to find a fix for his family.

What do you think?

I like it. But rather than having Linebeck's ship crash or something, why don't you just have Linebeck and Tetra sail back to Outset to drop Link off. After that, they see the stone friends and family and and Link rushes to see the fairy, Tetra running with you and Linebeck walking. When you get to the bridge, Veran knocks down Tetra and Link while turning Linebeck to stone, then they find the King.

The quest to rebuild the King does not give him the power to talk, as the king had died. Without the king's advice, Link and Tetra are lost. However, a flash appears and Zelda is standing in Tetra's place. The King's Spirit talks through Zelda, revealing that he is locked in a vault on Dragon Roost, imprisoned there by Veran. However, it is currently inaccessible, so they receive advice from the king through Zelda.

Tetra gains the ability to change to Zelda at will. For maybe a new twist, she is playable for certain parts of the game? Tetra and Zelda's abilities are different from Link's. Tetra's attacks are faster and she doesn't have a shield, but she gains the ability to jump, instead of just off ledges, as well as transform. As Zelda, she gains Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind, with functions similar to those in OoT. Link remains normal, and he is the only one with the ability to use items.

Just an idea I came up with that's probably unlikely and will be hated.

Tupin

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on April 05, 2008, 08:52:27 PM

What do you think?

I like it. But rather than having Linebeck's ship crash or something, why don't you just have Linebeck and Tetra sail back to Outset to drop Link off. After that, they see the stone friends and family and and Link rushes to see the fairy, Tetra running with you and Linebeck walking. When you get to the bridge, Veran knocks down Tetra and Link while turning Linebeck to stone, then they find the King.

The quest to rebuild the King does not give him the power to talk, as the king had died. Without the king's advice, Link and Tetra are lost. However, a flash appears and Zelda is standing in Tetra's place. The King's Spirit talks through Zelda, revealing that he is locked in a vault on Dragon Roost, imprisoned there by Veran. However, it is currently inaccessible, so they receive advice from the king through Zelda.

Tetra gains the ability to change to Zelda at will. For maybe a new twist, she is playable for certain parts of the game? Tetra and Zelda's abilities are different from Link's. Tetra's attacks are faster and she doesn't have a shield, but she gains the ability to jump, instead of just off ledges, as well as transform. As Zelda, she gains Nayru's Love, Din's Fire, and Farore's Wind, with functions similar to those in OoT. Link remains normal, and he is the only one with the ability to use items.

That actually sounds pretty good.

Or maybe it could tie in some how with OOA.

Like the reason Veran is turning everyone to stone is because she wants to raise the Black Tower from the sea.

JrDude

The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Breeze

Link is traveling across the sea on King of Red Lions (KoRL) back to home. But while he's going home, KoRL see's a little red baloon, it's Tingle. The baloon pops and Tingle falls in the boat asking "the fairy (link)" for help to find the Great Fairy. KoRL says that they need to get home before nightfall so Tingle just blows up a new baloon in search of the Great Fairy.

It is now night and Link just got home, he see's his sister and grandmother walking on the bridge to home, so he runs up to them trying to get their attention. They don't react and keep walking. Link tries to grab his grandmother's shoulder but is stopped by a hand (by grabbing his arm). Link looks to see who stopped him and see's a dark figure who then says "You have ruined my plans before and I will make you regret it!" He moves his hand toward the screen (Links face I guess) and Link wakes up on KoRL.

*blah blah*

It is now morning and Link has reached his destination. But it is in ruins... All the buildings are broken down, all the flowers are dead, and there is a chilling silence. Link looks around in tears and finds nothing.

And that is part of the begining of my idea.

Don't mock me, I was bored.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Tupin

Great ideas everyone, I hope Nintendo makes another cel-shaded Zelda game.

JrDude

What do you think?

I like it, but it seems you just copied Smash Bros when the moves came into mind.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Triforce_Luigi

Quote from: JrDude on April 05, 2008, 09:28:52 PM

What do you think?

I like it, but it seems you just copied Smash Bros when the moves came into mind.
I did, because those were the only things that came to mind. Later in the game, I guess Zelda can use Light Arrows, but really late in the game.

ThePowerOfOne

This sucks... I've never played OoA, or OoS... I got as far as this weird tower thing that the queen had the people build to look for her husband (Or mabe i'm thinking of another game :P) or something in OoA, and couldn't get any further, so I quit...

But isn't Veran that witch?

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Phaze on April 07, 2008, 08:10:40 PM
This sucks... I've never played OoA, or OoS... I got as far as this weird tower thing that the queen had the people build to look for her husband (Or mabe i'm thinking of another game :P) or something in OoA, and couldn't get any further, so I quit...

But isn't Veran that witch?
you played OoA, and yes Veran was the witch from OoA

Kaz

Um...Veran wouldn't want to raise the Black Tower from the sea, considering that the Great Sea is above Hyrule, not Labrynna.

...unless you're one of those weird people who thinks Hyrule is the "world" and that Labrynna and similar lands are within Hyrule.

Personally, it seems clear to me that lands like Labrynna, Holodrum, and possibly (though less likely) Termina are adjacent to Hyrule rather than being within them. Zelda.com has a segment that states that the legend of the three goddesses also explains the creation of Termina and other lands.

QuoteWhen Hyrule was created by the three goddesses at the beginning of time, there were certain side effects of its creation which Din, Nayru and Farore did not anticipate. As the three holy women breathed life into the world and chased away Emptiness, their potent breath slipped through tiny cracks in the folds of space and created millions of alternate worlds in the process. One of these worlds became the land known as Termina.

So you can either think of the other lands as other "dimensions" or as simply worlds that lie against Hyrule, but not within it. That would require that Hyrule does not make up the whole world.

In other words, if the Black Tower thing were to work, then there would have to be a sea above Labrynna as well, which could be possible, but it wouldn't be the "Great Sea" that is presented in Wind Waker, because that is above Hyrule.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

SkyMyl

No. Toon Link will appear in another game, I'm sure. But remember this: The same link has not appeared in more than two games. Toon Link is the only one to break that record.

To bring back villains from the Oracles who are already dead? NO. I do not wish to. Onox and Veran were merely sacrifices and diversions for the real cause: Ganon. And Vaati has been killed by the Four Links. Bring another dummy like Zant out or just make Ganon the antagonist from the start.

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on April 07, 2008, 08:30:51 PM
Personally, it seems clear to me that lands like Labrynna, Holodrum, and possibly (though less likely) Termina are adjacent to Hyrule rather than being within them. Zelda.com has a segment that states that the legend of the three goddesses also explains the creation of Termina and other lands.

QuoteWhen Hyrule was created by the three goddesses at the beginning of time, there were certain side effects of its creation which Din, Nayru and Farore did not anticipate. As the three holy women breathed life into the world and chased away Emptiness, their potent breath slipped through tiny cracks in the folds of space and created millions of alternate worlds in the process. One of these worlds became the land known as Termina.

So you can either think of the other lands as other "dimensions" or as simply worlds that lie against Hyrule, but not within it. That would require that Hyrule does not make up the whole world.

In other words, if the Black Tower thing were to work, then there would have to be a sea above Labrynna as well, which could be possible, but it wouldn't be the "Great Sea" that is presented in Wind Waker, because that is above Hyrule.
You are correct. Indeed those worlds are adjacent to Hyrule, BUT you are forgetting Phantom Hourglass.

Link is still in the Great Sea, but a flipside of his Great Sea (Possibly abover Termina or Koholint Island? ;)), so do we have any proof that he is above Hyrule, so I'm probably backing up an idea I don't endorse, but if this theory is right, then it may be possible for Toon Link to be above Labrynna if they do another sequel to WW (Which I doubt). After all, he is with Tetra sailing the Great Sea for new lands.

Problem is that Zelda games only have 1 sequel (2 for Four Swords.). So this means that the chances of another WW Sequel are slim.

Kaz

Quote from: MasterYoungLink on April 09, 2008, 08:49:47 AM
No. Toon Link will appear in another game, I'm sure. But remember this: The same link has not appeared in more than two games. Toon Link is the only one to break that record.

OoT Link is in MM.

And if I remember correctly, the Link's Awakening instruction booklet states that the Link in that game went sailing after having defeated Ganon in Hyrule, which means he's the same Link as in one of the other games.

You are correct. Indeed those worlds are adjacent to Hyrule, BUT you are forgetting Phantom Hourglass.

Link is still in the Great Sea, but a flipside of his Great Sea (Possibly abover Termina or Koholint Island? ;)), so do we have any proof that he is above Hyrule, so I'm probably backing up an idea I don't endorse, but if this theory is right, then it may be possible for Toon Link to be above Labrynna if they do another sequel to WW (Which I doubt). After all, he is with Tetra sailing the Great Sea for new lands.

I've never played Phantom Hourglass, so I don't yet have any idea what you're talking about.  :'(
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on April 09, 2008, 12:33:14 PM

OoT Link is in MM.

I said in more than TWO games. He's in two, but not more than that (No, SSB Does not count.).

And if I remember correctly, the Link's Awakening instruction booklet states that the Link in that game went sailing after having defeated Ganon in Hyrule, which means he's the same Link as in one of the other games.

Link to the Past, but read the former.

I've never played Phantom Hourglass, so I don't yet have any idea what you're talking about.  :'(

Oh...well, we already know the flipside Great Sea. Sorry if I spoiled stuff.