News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Worst Sonic game?

Started by Tupin, May 04, 2008, 01:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

There's a lot of bad ones, but here are the ones that stick out in my mind.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Terrible controls, game-killing glitches, awful voice acting, huge load times, and a confusing story makes this one of the worst games in recent memory.

Sonic Labyrinth: Sonic can't run fast because he doesn't have speed shoes. Enough said.  :|

Sonic 3D Blast: A bad rip-off of Flicky with a confusing perspective.

Sonic Shuffle: They didn't even TRY to not make this a Mario Party rip-off.  :D

Shadow the Hedgehog: Sure, it's not a Sonic game, but it still sucks. What's the point of playing a Sonic game if you drive and shoot gun?

Sonic and the Secret Rings: SONIC. SHOULD. NEVER. BE. ON. RAILS. THE. ENTIRE. TIME.  :|

Does anyone else have anything to add?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

DSWiiMaster42

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 04, 2008, 01:26:59 PM
Sonic the Hedgehog 2006: Terrible controls, game-killing glitches, awful voice acting, huge load times, and a confusing story makes this one of the worst games in recent memory.

It was OK IMO, but I agree with you on the glitches, loading times, and voice acting. I expected Silver to have a cool voice like Shadow, but instead he was completely annoying. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10, but it really would have been better if it wasn't rushed.

Sonic Labyrinth: Sonic can't run fast because he doesn't have speed shoes. Enough said.  :|

I agree. He's too darn slow in that game! Sonic is supposed to be fast, not slow!

I liked it a little, but I think they should have kept out the isometric stuff.

Never played it, so I must be lucky. Besides, Mario Party is getting so old.

Shadow the Hedgehog: Sure, it's not a Sonic game, but it still sucks. What's the point of playing a Sonic game if you drive and shoot gun?

It wasn't horrible (my opinion again), but I agree that Shadow shouldn't be driving and shooting. He has his own powers and he's fast enough, so why did they give him a gun and let him drive?

Sonic and the Secret Rings: SONIC. SHOULD. NEVER. BE. ON. RAILS. THE. ENTIRE. TIME.  :|

I never knew what "on-rails" is, but I think it was a great game.
The bolded text is what I am saying. I think the worst Sonic games are as follows:

Sonic Labyrinth because Sonic moved too slow, and the Sea Labyrinth looked like an acid trip, so I stopped playing right there.
Tails' Adventure because it's boring as hell (I like Tails but this game sucked).
Tails' Sky Patrol because it's just like Tails' Adventure: so boring.
Sonic's Schoolhouse because Sonic is teaching kids numbers, the alphabet, easy math (like 2+2=4), and a lot of other preschool stuff. WTF? Sonic should NEVER be a teacher ever again.

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

Tupin

Quote from: DSWiiMaster42 on May 04, 2008, 01:43:04 PM

It was OK IMO, but I agree with you on the glitches, loading times, and voice acting. I expected Silver to have a cool voice like Shadow, but instead he was completely annoying. I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10, but it really would have been better if it wasn't rushed.

I agree. He's too darn slow in that game! Sonic is supposed to be fast, not slow!

I liked it a little, but I think they should have kept out the isometric stuff.

Never played it, so I must be lucky. Besides, Mario Party is getting so old.

It wasn't horrible (my opinion again), but I agree that Shadow shouldn't be driving and shooting. He has his own powers and he's fast enough, so why did they give him a gun and let him drive?

I never knew what "on-rails" is, but I think it was a great game.
The bolded text is what I am saying. I think the worst Sonic games are as follows:

Sonic Labyrinth because Sonic moved too slow, and the Sea Labyrinth looked like an acid trip, so I stopped playing right there.
Tails' Adventure because it's boring as hell (I like Tails but this game sucked).
Tails' Sky Patrol because it's just like Tails' Adventure: so boring.
Sonic's Schoolhouse because Sonic is teaching kids numbers, the alphabet, easy math (like 2+2=4), and a lot of other preschool stuff. WTF? Sonic should NEVER be a teacher ever again.

And that is why the Pico failed.

DSWiiMaster42

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 04, 2008, 01:44:47 PM
Sonic's Schoolhouse was actually a PC game, but still the Picosystem did suck.

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

Tupin

Quote from: DSWiiMaster42 on May 04, 2008, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 04, 2008, 01:44:47 PM
Sonic's Schoolhouse was actually a PC game, but still the Picosystem did suck.
Ooh. I forgot one.

Sonic: The Fighters.

Sonic R was actually decent...

Kaz

You forgot the utter poop that is Sonic Spinball.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on May 04, 2008, 08:52:52 PM
You forgot the utter s*** that is Sonic Spinball.
UGH, I don't know why my little brother likes it so much, he's a retard.

Tupin

I also forgot about Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis.

It's a port of Sonic 1 on the GBA, but they didn't downsize the sprites to better fit on a smaller screen.

Everything runs slow.

Kaz

Also, although I have yet to play them, I've heard that the Game Gear Sonic games are pretty suckish.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

SkyMyl

Spinball. Terrible beyond comprehension. >_>

The older Sonic games were so much better than the crap Sega delivers us these days. >:(

Triforceman22

Spinball

Labrynth

all game gear games.

Sonic 2006. (Not as bad as above games)

Shadow the hedgehog (Not as bad as above games)

please god don't let them screw up unleashed.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

DSWiiMaster42

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on May 05, 2008, 10:13:02 AM
Also, although I have yet to play them, I've heard that the Game Gear Sonic games are pretty suckish.
Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble were the only good Sonic games on the Gamegear, trust me. The rest were just poop games (like Tails' Adventure or Sonic Labyrinth) or poopty ports that are nothing like the original game (like Sonic 2).

Plus, the GBA port of Sonic 1 was bad as well, too darn glitchy, the sprites were too big, and the music was ruined.

captainjacksparrow

SONIIC AND THE SECERT RINGS. I only played it to see how it ends

Shujinco2

Out of the ones I've played, Sonic Spinball, Heroes being a close second.

Hmm, never even HEARD of those before! ????

I loved that game! :'(

JrDude

I never played the very old ones.
But the worst I've played is Sonic and the Secret Rings. If all you do is steer and crap, just make a darn racing game.
[move][/move]
Dude .