All in all, what do you think of Brawl?

Started by SkyMyl, June 10, 2008, 02:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Quote from: PLAYAT on June 11, 2008, 04:55:34 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 10, 2008, 04:35:49 PM
Quote from: PLAYAT on June 10, 2008, 04:33:16 PM
I say brawl is great and very addictive IMO
I wish Sakurai could've have finish Mewtwo and the other lost characters' data though.
Online suck but just have to bear with it. at least there IS online for brawl.
SSE adventure mode was great
Same...and I wants my Isaac (Hell, I just want more Golden Sun in general...)
Online shouldn't have sucked. Nintnedo pulled hte plug on Voice Chat (WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?) and made it lag horribly.
I mean this was Nintnedo's BIG CHANCE to get online right but then they completely blew it. I have no hope for Nintendo getting online right until next system now.
SSE was okay. Level's and enemies were way too generic for my tastes. I wanted Adventure from Melee. Run through Zelda dungeon with Samus, or hop inthe Mario level with Fox and the like. But sadly I doubt we'll get that anymore

Why do brawl needs Voice chat anyway?
I don't know much about Isaac so I don't know why he should be playable. Maybe it his sword or something
talking why you play. I'm tried of having to put my cell phone on speaker and max volume and half yell just to talk while playing. It's so lame.
Have you tried Wiki-ing Golden Sun? X_X;;

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 11, 2008, 08:24:48 AM
I wish Sakurai could've have finish Mewtwo and the other lost characters' data though.
Online shouldn't have sucked. Nintnedo pulled hte plug on Voice Chat (WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?) and made it lag horribly.
I mean this was Nintnedo's BIG CHANCE to get online right but then they completely blew it. I have no hope for Nintendo getting online right until next system now.
SSE was okay. Level's and enemies were way too generic for my tastes. I wanted Adventure from Melee. Run through Zelda dungeon with Samus, or hop inthe Mario level with Fox and the like. But sadly I doubt we'll get that anymore

I don't know much about Isaac so I don't know why he should be playable. Maybe it his sword or something
talking why you play. I'm tried of having to put my cell phone on speaker and max volume and half yell just to talk while playing. It's so lame.
Use voice chat of Pok?mon Diamond/Pearl.

Nayrman

Quote from: wiiboychris on June 11, 2008, 08:27:58 AM

But why can't I use a normal headseat like the OTHER systems!? I mean it's not like it's HARD. Just limit it to friends only there you can save your precious kiddy's as well X_X;;
Voice chat should not be too much to ask for nowadays

Java

Quote from: Nayrman on June 11, 2008, 08:32:56 AM
Quote from: wiiboychris on June 11, 2008, 08:27:58 AM

But why can't I use a normal headseat like the OTHER systems!? I mean it's not like it's HARD. Just limit it to friends only there you can save your precious kiddy's as well X_X;;
Voice chat should not be too much to ask for nowadays
That's what I said to my brother.
It's so annoying that I have to talk to him through my cell phone if I want to talk to him while I'm fighting.

captainjacksparrow

its a great and near perfect but it has quricks in it

Kilroy

Mediocre.

How do you consider a game that spent it's grand old time on crap amazing? SSE wasn't that fun, the challenges weren't that fun, and hell, the characters they put in and took out weren't great, either.

And why is everyone globbing over stages when you only play on like 7 of them? And continuing on stages, the stage maker, although decent, makes you wish you could make professional stages. Stages that move. Stages with multiple parts, etc.
1984 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AN INSTRUCTION NOT MANUAL
"yes you are anusface, but i am better than!!" - taw, steam forums
 FOR NSF MASCOT

Nayrman

Quote from: Byte on June 11, 2008, 11:15:47 AM
Mediocre.

How do you consider a game that spent it's grand old time on crap amazing? SSE wasn't that fun, the challenges weren't that fun, and hell, the characters they put in and took out weren't great, either.

And why is everyone globbing over stages when you only play on like 7 of them? And continuing on stages, the stage maker, although decent, makes you wish you could make professional stages. Stages that move. Stages with multiple parts, etc.
You can only do so much with blocks and floating platforms.
I play the others when it's just for fun...but yea basically only like 7 for real fights.

guido123

brawl can get pretty intence at times  dont you think?

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on June 11, 2008, 12:11:19 PM
Quote from: Byte on June 11, 2008, 11:15:47 AM
Mediocre.

You can only do so much with blocks and floating platforms.
I play the others when it's just for fun...but yea basically only like 7 for real fights.
I don't know what to believe now.

*Kagome_Higurashi*

I think it pretty sweet. I wish the online play worked better but I love all the stuff they changed. Way fun
Candy-Stripe a cancer ward. It's not my problem.

guido123

do you think they will ever come out with a mic for the wii

Wilhelmina Carmel

Speaking of which, I told this girl:

"Brawl should have had voice chat..."
She goes "DIS IZ NINTENDO WIFI NAWT XBAWKZ LIEV"
"Well, Pokemon and Metroid Prime Hunters have voice chat."
"Oh."

The whole time I was thinking "What, are you stupid?!"
I really hate her, she is an all-American idiot.

Er... I mean I think Brawl should have had voice chat. It'd be loads better with it. A better online service would nip it in the bud. Single player stunk, Melee's is better.

~Team Awesome~

guido123

i hope they announce that we are getting voice chat when E3 is on

Triforce_Luigi

Frankly, I was a bit disappointed. I mean, Brawl's a great game, and I love all the new characters and stages... But I guess I kinda got a bit bored with it. They spent waaay too much time on SSE and Single Player, and it really wasn't that great. Then there's online. I was expecting a bit more, y'know? Gameplay, other than the removal of a few superfluous things, was mostly unchanged. And that mode with the checklist where you can unlock stuff, Challenges, I think it was called, offered very little incentive for me to do the more difficult tasks. I'm not going to even try beating Boss Battles on the highest difficulty for something as mundane as the Galleom Tank Trophy and a few bragging rights.

Also, there were quite a few character disappointments as well. Honestly, I have nothing against Wolf, but in a poll run by Sakurai (in Japan, I think), Krystal placed much higher than him, and she could have been far more unique than him as well. The fact that clones still exist when several of them could easily have been scrapped or decloned, as well as the fact that clones that could've been fixed were cut, was a major disappointment after Sakurai trying to get our hopes up with promises of no clones. He also promised a rather larger amount of characters.

Ridley

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on June 14, 2008, 09:58:53 PM
Frankly, I was a bit disappointed. I mean, Brawl's a great game, and I love all the new characters and stages... But I guess I kinda got a bit bored with it. They spent waaay too much time on SSE and Single Player, and it really wasn't that great. Then there's online. I was expecting a bit more, y'know? Gameplay, other than the removal of a few superfluous things, was mostly unchanged. And that mode with the checklist where you can unlock stuff, Challenges, I think it was called, offered very little incentive for me to do the more difficult tasks. I'm not going to even try beating Boss Battles on the highest difficulty for something as mundane as the Galleom Tank Trophy and a few bragging rights.

Also, there were quite a few character disappointments as well. Honestly, I have nothing against Wolf, but in a poll run by Sakurai (in Japan, I think), Krystal placed much higher than him, and she could have been far more unique than him as well. The fact that clones still exist when several of them could easily have been scrapped or decloned, as well as the fact that clones that could've been fixed were cut, was a major disappointment after Sakurai trying to get our hopes up with promises of no clones. He also promised a rather larger amount of characters.

At least we got a female fire emblem character. Oh wait Marth is a GUY!?
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...