News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

All in all, what do you think of Brawl?

Started by SkyMyl, June 10, 2008, 02:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CommanderFlint

I don't hate Sonic games, I just hate Sonic. :p(Through I have lighted up on him)

Nayrman

Quote from: CommanderFlint on June 28, 2008, 03:03:50 PM
I don't hate Sonic games, I just hate Sonic. :p(Through I have lighted up on him)
well, hating the main character usually means you hate the series X_X;;

Macawmoses

I am impressed with the responses this has gotten.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: mackormoses on June 28, 2008, 07:40:02 PM
I am impressed with the responses this has gotten.
Yeah, I've seen a couple of good long replies, and even some short ones still bring up good points. Lots of opinions on brawl and It's only been out for three months. :D
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

CommanderFlint

Quote from: Nayrman on June 28, 2008, 07:37:20 PM
Shadow I hate more.

guido123

i cant belive you hate sonic that is like almost impossible

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

Nayrman

Quote from: guido123 on June 28, 2008, 08:10:02 PM
don't get him started X_X;;

guido123

ok #___# well pretend i did not say that

Click here to level up my card!

ssbb  guido123 - 0989-2935-7676

CommanderFlint

Quote from: Nayrman on June 28, 2008, 08:12:30 PM
Quote from: guido123 on June 28, 2008, 08:10:02 PM
don't get him started X_X;;
<3

Umm....I like Knuckles...?

HTA!

Hmmm...

My thoughts should be fairly obvious. Brawl, in a competitive sense, will never be able to match Melee. It just won't happen. But in reality, I think we all will just need to get used to it. We were spoiled by Melee and SSB64 but really if this had been our first SSB would we be complaining? Its just a different style of play, and for better or worse its what we are stuck with.

Character and item wise... I think it was actually done very well. The roster, although not the best, seems to be varied in character style and I'm not sure I would be happier with a 50 character roster or not...
Items are fine, although some are horrendously overpowered, but as it goes they are fairly balanced.
Stages are pretty great this time around, although a few are simply a good concept gone bad. The goods outweigh the bads in this area, and I'm happy.

As for added features, the story mode is decent and all the added extras are only a plus. But really, for all the new things, they took away the heart and soul of single play. HRC and BBT were screwed over, and they have hardly held my attention for any longer than it took to unlock stages, characters, etc.

Wi-fi, for all its flaws, are what have kept me interested in this game. Its just so satisfying to have intelligent (or not so intelligent :P) opponents. Really, it can be fixed and if it is I expect a renewed love for this game...
But for now all we can do is fix things ourself and put up with its shortcomings.

I think I covered most of it, the only thing left is series representation and all that stuff... but really besides FE and Golden Sun I'm fine on that front.

As for a rating, I give Brawl a 8.5; A great game that I'll be playing for a long while yet but really doesn't live up to its predecessors as much as I would have liked.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: CommanderFlint on June 28, 2008, 08:01:23 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on June 28, 2008, 07:37:20 PM
Shadow I hate more.
.....Erhm...hmmm...*Agrees*.