News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Finally! (Sonic unleashed wii gameplay video)

Started by Triforceman22, October 09, 2008, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Good...for a Wii game.
Seriously, there should be two standards of graphics: actually good and Wii good... X_X;;
I will give that it has SOME potential....but...

From the two gameplay videos it looks like it's taking the worst parts of Sonic 06's mach speed sections and the unreliability of Secret Ring's controllers...I hope we get footage of someone playing it with the game screen at the same time.
If I play this game it'll probably be on the PS3...because the Wii version looks like an even more watered down of Secret Rings...at least from those two videos...

As I've said before, show me a full level please!!! *SEGA seems to be trying to hide something*

Qsmash

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on October 09, 2008, 03:49:46 PM
Good...for a Wii game.
Seriously, there should be two standards of graphics: actually good and Wii good... X_X;;

From the two gameplay videos it looks like it's taking the worst parts of Sonic 06's mach speed sections and the unreliability of Secret Ring's controllers...I hope we get footage of someone playing it with the game screen at the same time.
If I play this game it'll probably be on the PS3...because the Wii version looks like an even more watered down of Secret Rings...at least from those two videos...

As I've said before, show me a full level please!!! *SEGA seems to be trying to hide something*

that's because the guy playing it sucked.

You can use the gamecube controller though.

It doesn't look as good as the 360/PS3 version though....

but i'll give it a rent.
I'm buying the 360 ver.

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on October 09, 2008, 08:39:27 PM
Good...for a Wii game.

but i'll give it a rent.
I'm buying the 360 ver.
wait for the reviews first!!!!
After all, Sonic 06 "looked" good, and turned out to be the biggest pile of crap in the series...hell Sonic R and Sonic Shuffle were more enjoyable than that game EVER could!
Although there is SOME hope, in an interview during TGS the director (forgot his name) said many decisions were based on fan response, i.e. NO WORTHLESS SIDE CHARACTERS and some 2D gameplay. So maybe SEGA is starting to realize that giving people what they actually want is a good idea? For once SEGA is smarter than Nintendo!

Tupin

I hope that the "bwaaaaaaaaaaaa!" noise in the first video isn't Sonic.

I'm getting it for the 360, after playing Secret Rings, I don't want to play another motion controlled Sonic game ever again.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Triforceman22

That's the japanese version of sonic :P

But yeah.
I'm gettin' the 360 version too.
Looks like fun.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on October 10, 2008, 03:46:41 AM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on October 09, 2008, 08:39:27 PM
Good...for a Wii game.

but i'll give it a rent.
I'm buying the 360 ver.
wait for the reviews first!!!!
After all, Sonic 06 "looked" good, and turned out to be the biggest pile of crap in the series...hell Sonic R and Sonic Shuffle were more enjoyable than that game EVER could!
Although there is SOME hope, in an interview during TGS the director (forgot his name) said many decisions were based on fan response, i.e. NO WORTHLESS SIDE CHARACTERS and some 2D gameplay. So maybe SEGA is starting to realize that giving people what they actually want is a good idea? For once SEGA is smarter than Nintendo!
Capital letters FTW for you, huh?

As for me, I don't have any choice but to buy the Wii version, it looks good to me.

bluaki

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on October 10, 2008, 04:21:43 AM
I'm getting it for the 360, after playing Secret Rings, I don't want to play another motion controlled Sonic game ever again.
Playing the Wii version with the Classic Controller or GCN controller is about the same as playing the other versions in terms of control. PS2 version is closest to compare because of the development split pairing Wii with PS2 and 360 with PS3.
The bad part of Secret Rings isn't the simple fact that motion was implemented into Sonic, it's that they completely changed the entire control scheme making it nothing like previous Sonic control schemes to make the entire game revolve around the motion sensing. That's more an arguement for Black Knight than Unleashed though since Unleashed seems to have all controls button-based other than tricks even when using Wiimote+Nunchuk in the Wii version while Black Knight follows standard Adventure controls and simply adds the motion as the attack "button".