News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

How to hack Brawl

Started by Ridley, August 06, 2008, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridley

Quote from: shadowmarioguy on August 14, 2008, 09:53:58 AM
I personally have done this and nothing screwy has happened to my wii.  And for anyone who is concerned about losing their brawl save file, just use the save extractor app for the wiibrew channel to back it up to an sd card, and store it safely on your computer.  If your save file does end up being erased for whatever reason, just put the save file you stored on your computer back on your sd card and use the save uploader app to get your save back.  It even works on games that have wifi that cannot normally be copied.  ;)

Wow looks like someone has been doing their homework.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Ridley on August 14, 2008, 09:57:54 AM
Alright

@Jrdude: I wouldn't try to get accomplishements with hacking if I were you. It takes all the challenege out of it. Cheating like that is what gives hackers a bad name.

Also the buzzing should be fixed by music fix codes but here is something you should know in case you are using other codes.

If you use the purple coloured shadow bugs costume code you can only use:

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Great Maze forms do not work with:
Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)
Zero Suit Samus (I guess)

Great Maze form works with
Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

@ Darklink: I am absolutely positive that the homebrew channel won't brick your wii and a wii system update wouldn't work. The hacks work around system updates. You just have to be careful about which codes you put into your wii. Also the guy who makes the texture hacks has a team of people helping him and they do know what they are doing with the homebrew and such.

@Tahran: I will help you if you have any questions. Sorry about not being able to answer you but I was on vacation.

General info you should know. Codes are only on the SD card and are activated with orcarina. They are not placed on your console. They are taken off your wii when you play your game normally. Ocassionally you will play normally and get the music bug but that is easily fixed.
You lose then. In the past when Homebrewed consoles were becoming large in number companies would simply force an update that caused all modded consoles to brick.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Ridley

Quote from: Darklink on August 14, 2008, 01:08:23 PM
Alright

@Jrdude: I wouldn't try to get accomplishements with hacking if I were you. It takes all the challenege out of it. Cheating like that is what gives hackers a bad name.

Also the buzzing should be fixed by music fix codes but here is something you should know in case you are using other codes.

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

@ Darklink: I am absolutely positive that the homebrew channel won't brick your wii and a wii system update wouldn't work. The hacks work around system updates. You just have to be careful about which codes you put into your wii. Also the guy who makes the texture hacks has a team of people helping him and they do know what they are doing with the homebrew and such.

@Tahran: I will help you if you have any questions. Sorry about not being able to answer you but I was on vacation.

General info you should know. Codes are only on the SD card and are activated with orcarina. They are not placed on your console. They are taken off your wii when you play your game normally. Ocassionally you will play normally and get the music bug but that is easily fixed.
You lose then. In the past when Homebrewed consoles were becoming large in number companies would simply force an update that caused all modded consoles to brick.

Funny but the homebrew doesn't mod your wii.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

shadowmarioguy

Also, if anyone didn't already know, you can also get free virtual console games and wiiware with the wiibrew channel.

Ridley

Quote from: shadowmarioguy on August 14, 2008, 02:22:09 PM
Also, if anyone didn't already know, you can also get free virtual console games and wiiware with the wiibrew channel.

Um yeah I am trying to keep this legal.
...It's quite obvious...

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Ridley on August 14, 2008, 01:26:21 PM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

Yes it does. If the Wii has Homebrew on it said update will brick it.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Ridley

Quote from: Darklink on August 14, 2008, 03:51:09 PM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

Where did you read that lie? The hacks you use are the only things that can be dangerous and they have to be pretty rediculous codes in the first place. Anyway, the homebrew is the safest part of hacking.
...It's quite obvious...

JrDude

Alright

I only did that on the challenges to see if it would work to give the info out, and because I can't do it alone and have no friends who are good at smash D:
[move][/move]
Dude .

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Ridley on August 14, 2008, 04:05:01 PM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

Where did you read that lie? The hacks you use are the only things that can be dangerous and they have to be pretty rediculous codes in the first place. Anyway, the homebrew is the safest part of hacking.
It's no lie. Hombrew is nowhere near the safest part. Just wait for AR to be safe guys,
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Ridley

Quote from: Darklink on August 15, 2008, 05:59:43 AM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

It's no lie. Hombrew is nowhere near the safest part. Just wait for AR to be safe guys,

The AR is probably dangerous. On the gamecube, if you put it in while your memory card is in, it would erase your data. On wii, all your data is stored on the system. Tell me where this is headed. Besides, the homebrew actually lets you save your entire brawl data to your computer.
...It's quite obvious...

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Ridley on August 15, 2008, 07:42:21 AM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

The AR is probably dangerous. On the gamecube, if you put it in while your memory card is in, it would erase your data. On wii, all your data is stored on the system. Tell me where this is headed. Besides, the homebrew actually lets you save your entire brawl data to your computer.
This is headed towards. Have fun with a bricked console, or in a lawsuit iwth Nintendo.

Quote from Nintendo's site:

Your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service are not designed for use with any unauthorized device or any non-licensed accessory. You may not use any such device in connection with your Wii Console or Wii Network Service. Such use may be illegal, voids any warranty and is a breach by you of this agreement. Nintendo may take steps to disable any unauthorized device installed in your Wii Console, including, but not limited to detecting and disabling your Wii Console through the Wii Network Service and/or game software. If a modification is detected, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or games may be unplayable until the modification is removed. Further, such use may lead to injury to yourself or others and may cause performance issues and/or damage to your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service. Nintendo (as well as any Nintendo licensee or distributor) is not responsible for any damage or loss caused

Link. Since I know one of you will pull some Bullpoop about how I typed that up

Note that you have to scroll down the page a bit to find the section I quoted.

Which also means that you are violating one of the forum rules. (Read the bold above, apply it to the bold below.)

10. No Inappropriate Content
This includes pornography and links to pornography (except in the NSFW board), and links to illegal material (ROMs, Warez, Emulators, Illegal Downloads).

Since you'll obviously point out that it says may be illegal. I'll respond with this:

That definately makes it illegal.
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Ridley

Quote from: Darklink on August 15, 2008, 08:11:21 AM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

This is headed towards. Have fun with a bricked console, or in a lawsuit iwth Nintendo.

Your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service are not designed for use with any unauthorized device or any non-licensed accessory. You may not use any such device in connection with your Wii Console or Wii Network Service. Such use may be illegal, voids any warranty and is a breach by you of this agreement. Nintendo may take steps to disable any unauthorized device installed in your Wii Console, including, but not limited to detecting and disabling your Wii Console through the Wii Network Service and/or game software. If a modification is detected, your access to the Wii Network Service may be disabled and/or games may be unplayable until the modification is removed. Further, such use may lead to injury to yourself or others and may cause performance issues and/or damage to your Wii Console and the Wii Network Service. Nintendo (as well as any Nintendo licensee or distributor) is not responsible for any damage or loss caused

Link. Since I know one of you will pull some Bulls*** about how I typed that up

Which also means that you are violating one of the forum rules. (Read the bold above, apply it to the bold below.)

This includes pornography and links to pornography (except in the NSFW board), and links to illegal material (ROMs, Warez, Emulators, Illegal Downloads).

Since you'll obviously point out that it says may be illegal. I'll respond with this:

So basically, you agree with me that AR is bad but the homebrew isn't a device. Also,

Quote from: Ridley on August 14, 2008, 02:27:13 PM

As you can see, I was against the idea of illegally downloading anything.
...It's quite obvious...

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Ridley on August 15, 2008, 09:33:23 AM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

So basically, you agree with me that AR is bad but the homebrew isn't a device. Also,

Device meaning physical device or program. It even mentios the word "installed". Just because you're trying to hide that hombrew lets you downlaod games for free doesn't mean it doesn't do it :|.
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Red

Quote from: Darklink on August 15, 2008, 09:36:21 AM
Quote from: Ridley on August 15, 2008, 09:33:23 AM
Alright

Bowser
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Peach.

Sonic
Toon Link
Wolf
Jigglypuff
Squirtle (I guess)
Ivysaur (I guess)

Mario
Luigi
Charizard
Fox
Falco
Snake
Peach
Zelda
Bowser
Ganondorf
Sheik
Zelda
Link
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Pit
Samus
Olimar
Lucario
Pikachu
Marth
Ike

Device meaning physical device or program. It even mentios the word "installed". Just because you're trying to hide that hombrew lets you downlaod games for free doesn't mean it doesn't do it :|.
What you don't understand, it's not illegal, until you actually install the game(s). Until then, it doesn't matter if it let's you download them or not.

Ridley

To hell with the quote tree. Anyway where did I try to hide it? I don't remember ever deniying that it could do this but you would have to download the application off the internet and put it on the homebrew channel before you could use it. That means that the channel itself is fine as long as it doesn't have any illegal applications such as emulaters and such. Right now, the only application I have is Orcarina.
...It's quite obvious...