News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

New clones wanted?

Started by Neerb, July 16, 2009, 10:13:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

The way most determine clone: Same B moves (whether they are SLIGHTLY different or not)
[move][/move]
Dude .

Captain Justice

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 17, 2009, 05:45:24 PM
???  Okay, I can almost see an argument for him not being a clone in brawl, but there is absolutely no question that he's a clone in Melee.
try playing Fox.....then try playing Falco. The play style for the two characters is drastically different,
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Nayrman

Quote from: Echo on July 17, 2009, 09:05:01 PM
try playing Fox.....then try playing Falco. The play style for the two characters is drastically different,
It doesn't matter, the moves are the same in Melee, and still similar in Brawl.
Both B's are blasters, both side B's are illusions, both up b's are "fiyas!", both down b's are reflectors and both final smashes are LANDMASTA!
If the moves are the same and called the same thing, then they're clones. The only person this makes sense for is, well, Toon Link/Link... since they're inherently the same person. But even then I don't like it.

HTA!

Hey guys, Samus and Mario have the same N-aair.
Damn clones.

JrDude

Quote from: HTA on July 17, 2009, 10:50:28 PM
Hey guys, Samus and Mario have the same N-aair.
Damn clones.
I know, they should just remove Samus all together :|
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

In case anyone actually considers that sarcasm, just let me state (as Nayr and Jr have already said on this same page!) that in Super Smash Bros., a "clone" is someone whose entire Special moveset is nearly identical to another.  For example:

Wolf and Falco = Fox clones
Ganondorf = Captain Falcon clone
Toon Link = Link clone
Lucas = Ness clone

Luigi = NOT Mario clone (possibly as of Melee, but definitely as of Brawl)
Lucario = NOT Mewtwo clone

Captain Justice

Quote from: Nayrman on July 17, 2009, 09:08:30 PM
If the moves are the same and called the same thing, then they're clones.
hmm, if the moves are the same, then shouldn't they play the same? Fortunately the moves aren't the same, they perform very differently, they just look the same.

Plus if Falco Phantasm is the same name as Fox Illusion then.......
Quote from: Talim on September 04, 2009, 05:26:53 PM
Yesterday, sort of. I was on the verge of crying. Why? I got into an argument with a couple other people from #nsider and it got me really upset. I didn't really cry much though
Quote from: Tsumaru on September 20, 2009, 11:29:22 AM
Can we ban Hoss, please?

Mutilator7

Another pokemon clone i suppose. Or bring pichu back

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Mutilator<Seven> on July 18, 2009, 10:22:10 AM
Another pokemon clone i suppose. Or bring pichu back

Your kidding, right?

chaosgear

shadow as a sonic clone. raiden would be a good snake clone. only more agile

HTA!

Specials have to be the same?

Keep in mind, besides from some animations-

Samus and Link both have bombs as Down B
Samus and Link both have multihit, mainly vertical, recoveries
Samus and Link can both charge the neutral B's which are projectiles
Samus and Link both have projectiles as Side-B
Samus and Link both have the same N-air
Samus and Link both have grappling hook grabs
Samus and Link have the same Z-air
Samus and Link both have the same U-smash, multi-hit and small horizontal range.
Samus and Link have the same B-air, animation looks almost identical

But they aren't clones?

Neerb

I compare Falco's Reflector to Fox's Reflector, Falco's Blaster to Fox's Blaster, Falco's illusion dash to Fox's illusion dash, and Falco's flame-covered launch to Fox's flame-covered launch.
You compare Samus' morph-ball bombs with Link's bombs, Samus' charge beam with Link's Bow & Arrow, Samus' missile with Link's Gale Boomerang, and Samus' Screw Attack with Link's Spin Attack?

REALLY?

HTA!

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 18, 2009, 06:16:38 PM
I compare Falco's Reflector to Fox's Reflector, Falco's Blaster to Fox's Blaster, Falco's illusion dash to Fox's illusion dash, and Falco's flame-covered launch to Fox's flame-covered launch.
You compare Samus' morph-ball bombs with Link's bombs, Samus' charge beam with Link's Bow & Arrow, Samus' missile with Link's Gale Boomerang, and Samus' Screw Attack with Link's Spin Attack?

REALLY?
Yes, because they are similar moves, with similar hitobxes, with similar animations, with similar uses.

What is the difference between Link's arrow and Samus' charge shot besides how they look?
Anything? Some damage and knockback tweaks obviously... but isn't that what they do with all "clones" attacks?

Neerb

Link= Arrow, slightly glows, hold to charge, small damage and knockback
Samus= Energy Ball, greatly increase in size, tap to charge, large damage and knockback

Falco= Reflector, deflects projectiles, damages enemies during initial start-up, moves forward before turning off
Fox= Reflector, deflects projectiles, damages enemies during initial start-up, stays in place while held

As you can see, there is a difference between having many differences and having few differences... which I believe they teach kids on Sesame Street.  I suppose next you'll be saying Captain Falcon is a DK clone because they both have chargable punches, or that Ness is a Mario clone because they both shoot fire?   You are greatly exaggerating in your arguments for reasons I don't quite understand (are you somehow offended by certain characters being called clones?), and it seems either you're not getting what a "clone" in Smash really is, or you're being a smart a**, neither of which holds any ground.

HTA!

Quote from: SmashBro25 on July 18, 2009, 07:29:43 PM
Link= Arrow, slightly glows, hold to charge, small damage and knockback
Samus= Energy Ball, greatly increase in size, tap to charge, large damage and knockback

Falco= Reflector, deflects projectiles, damages enemies during initial start-up, moves forward before turning off
Fox= Reflector, deflects projectiles, damages enemies during initial start-up, stays in place while held

As you can see, there is a difference between having many differences and having few differences... which I believe they teach kids on Sesame Street.  I suppose next you'll be saying Captain Falcon is a DK clone because they both have chargable punches, or that Ness is a Mario clone because they both shoot fire?   You are greatly exaggerating in your arguments for reasons I don't quite understand (are you somehow offended by certain characters being called clones?), and it seems either you're not getting what a "clone" in Smash really is, or you're being a smart a**, neither of which holds any ground.

High five.