News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

So, Mega Man 10. This is the discussion thread that is unofficial.

Started by SkyMyl, March 01, 2010, 11:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

I'm doing a review of it. I shall post a link to it here in this thread when I get around to it.

Anyway, just finished Easy Mode with both characters. For newcomers/little tykes, it's a welcome addition. For Hardcore fans who MUST have the Easy Versions of the bosses unlocked in the Challenges, it's the ultimate insult to your Mega Man skills. It's not the slower enemies or slower bosses (Why can I perfect Solar Man on Easy, and why do I still die to Commando Man on Easy?), it's the Yashichi. There's at least one in every stage, sometimes more than one. Having an M-Tank-esque drop that instantly refills everything upon contact in every stage feels so wrong.

It could've been so helpful on Hard Mode, too. ;_;

Nayrman

They brought back the Yasaichi?

Ya know, they could've just made it an M tank so you use the one you have right there and then pick up the M tank... or just give you more M-Tank slots or something.

SkyMyl

Quote from: Nayrman on March 10, 2010, 04:31:23 PM
They brought back the Yasaichi?

Ya know, they could've just made it an M tank so you use the one you have right there and then pick up the M tank... or just give you more M-Tank slots or something.
Yeah man. That thing in MM1 that refills everything that only appeared before the final boss rush? IT'S EVERYWHERE ON EASY MODE. EVERYWHERE.

Replacing the M-tank with the Yashichi would make more sense. And it would be awesome.

Macawmoses

RundasJ22

Was it just me, or was most of the weapons in this game terrible?

Macawmoses

Quote from: RundasJ22 on March 13, 2010, 02:16:46 PM
Was it just me, or was most of the weapons in this game terrible?
They were mostly revamps or complete redos of former ones.

Zero

5 days left until I get this game.

FFFFFF not having Wii Points

Custom

Quote from: Zero on March 25, 2010, 09:20:32 PM
5 days left until I get this game.

FFFFFF not having Wii Points

This... Goddarn you Microsoft getting it so late.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Custom on March 27, 2010, 09:32:57 AM
I think it's already out on PSN.
Well intercourse  I'm lazy; It's been our ever since earlier this month.

It's just that I have to wait two more months unless I want to experience it on wiiware ;_;
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

shadowmarioguy

So I finally beat the game on Normal with Mega Man.  I have to say that the levels were a bit easier than Mega Man 9, but the bosses were harder.  The last boss was a joke, though.

Will I play through again with another character?  Probably not.

Zero

Finally got it and I beat it in an hour, I'm 191 on the leaderboards for this game on the first run through. lol. The number one spot is held by some guy that beat the game in 25 minutes. Holy crap.

Anyways, I have to say that this game is up there with my favorites. The Wily Stage music that starts right after you beat the first Wily Archive kicks so much ass and sets the mood incredibly well. Inti-Creates still knows how to invoke that feeling.

The weapons are all pretty balanced and useful for specific situations, I found myself using the Solar Blazer often for the first form of the last boss and the Water Shield and Commando Bomb for the second. The Wily Capsule isn't all that bad this time around as long as you aren't hasty and attack the dummy Wily too. All in all I'd say that while this may not be the most difficult Mega Man game I'd say it was more fun than 9, and 9 was pretty darn fun.

I got practically every achievement but Mr Perfect on the first two playthroughs, and I'm going for that next. Taking no damage is going to be a pain but thanks to save data and easy mode it'll be possible.

I can't wait for the Bass DLC

SkyMyl

To anyone interested in the Bass DLC, here's a challenge. Buy it and try not to laugh. If you can beat the game with Bass without laughing, giggling, snickering, or smiling at least once, then you have no sense of humor.
MYL found Bass's sprite full of derp...something that only applies to the Bass 1-Up.

Also, Chill Spike and Spin Wheel are in my top 10 list of MM weapons. Somewhere.