Main Menu

Worst traits of Nintendo made games.

Started by Tupin, July 29, 2008, 01:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lohn Jocke

Quote from: Omega12 on August 10, 2008, 10:56:28 AM
Quote from: Jono2 on August 08, 2008, 10:01:02 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 29, 2008, 02:51:48 PM
One of their worst traits is that they've started pandering to the casual/kiddy crowd (Friend codes, terrible online, etc.), and kind of ignoring the hardcore gamers.

welcome to 2004 (metroid prime 2: echoes).  the beginning of such thinking.

"OHHHH METROID PRIME 2 IS TOO HARDDDDDD!!!!!"

:\

yes, thats the #1 peeve i have of nintendo.  "hard" difficulty is far easier than the easiest on Gears of War, probably easier.

=/ If I can beat a Game in 3 days its not good enough.

Pokemon Emerald and Diamond, Beat it in 3 Days

Zelda PH, Beat it in 3 Days (Although it was a very good game)

=/ I really miss the old days of Megaman X and those platform side scrolling shoots, now THOSE where a challenge, now all we have are FPS, that are all the same. Accedent happens, Aliens attack, Man fight aliens, Game ends, Que Next game. Honestly I can only think of one FPS That really gives a good challenge (Half Life) and its not on nintendo!!!!
Seems that SOMEONE hasn't played Goldeneye Before. On Very Hard, That game was a b*tch.

Nayrman

Quote from: Jono2 on August 10, 2008, 03:34:20 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 09, 2008, 05:34:04 PM
Most the the article was a joke, but there are some things I have to hate:
1. Delays which is true. Nintendo, don't release a date unless you can gurantee that it'll be out that date. Why is that so freakin hard for you!?
2. Catering to kiddies and the "casual" crowd who have only played Bejeweled and other crud not fit for a gaming system.
3. Dear lord I'd like a challenge. I don't care for Metroid Prime 2 but I like that it's actually DIFFICULT. Galaxy had fluctuating difficulty? THere were only 3 stars that were actually hard! (Purple coin Dreadnaugt, One of the speed runs, and Haunted House purple coins)

MP2 wasn't difficult to anyone who had played the previous game.  MP3 was a complete joke.
More difficult than anything else on the entire system from Nintendo besides maybe Prime (which was also a good challenge...in fact I still haven't beaten it because i'm too lazy XD )

Live2Die, I agree on the old school stuff. All the Mario/Sonic/Megaman games today are jokes in terms of difficulty... thank god for Megaman 9

Jono2

Quote from: Nayrman on August 10, 2008, 04:25:11 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on August 10, 2008, 03:34:20 AM
Quote from: Nayrman on August 09, 2008, 05:34:04 PM
Most the the article was a joke, but there are some things I have to hate:
1. Delays which is true. Nintendo, don't release a date unless you can gurantee that it'll be out that date. Why is that so freakin hard for you!?
2. Catering to kiddies and the "casual" crowd who have only played Bejeweled and other crud not fit for a gaming system.
3. Dear lord I'd like a challenge. I don't care for Metroid Prime 2 but I like that it's actually DIFFICULT. Galaxy had fluctuating difficulty? THere were only 3 stars that were actually hard! (Purple coin Dreadnaugt, One of the speed runs, and Haunted House purple coins)

MP2 wasn't difficult to anyone who had played the previous game.  MP3 was a complete joke.
More difficult than anything else on the entire system from Nintendo besides maybe Prime (which was also a good challenge...in fact I still haven't beaten it because i'm too lazy XD )

Live2Die, I agree on the old school stuff. All the Mario/Sonic/Megaman games today are jokes in terms of difficulty... thank god for Megaman 9

Prime wasn't difficult combat-wise.  MP2 ramped that up.  However, the puzzles in MP and the key hiding spots were more ingenious, along with the glitches you could preform (Space Jump early, etc).  Retro hated this, so they made the linear poophole that was MP2, and when we tore that game apart even more (lol, screwing ball holes) they made the completely linear atrocity that is MP3.

However, I give them credit for pulling off a good linear Metroid game.  MP3 is an atrocity compared to what the series used to be (freeform exploration), but it was still a fun game nonetheless.

Also, harder games:

Ikaruga
Super Mario Sunshine (to collect all of the shines)
LoZ: TWW (to collect everything, though this was more of a chore)
F-Zero GX
Super Monkey Ball
Super Monkey Ball 2
007 Everything or Nothing
007 Nightfire
007 Agent Under Fire
Sonic Heroes
Mystic Heroes
Tales of Symphonia
Ocarina of Time Master Quest

and i can't think of any more at the moment, but I'm sure there are many more difficult games than MP2.  MP2 wasn't hard at all.  it basically told you where all of the keys were, and if it didn't, they were placed moronically, just so that you would have to collect a useless item *cough*gravitybooster*cough* for the sole purpose of collecting that one key (you don't need it for ANYTHING else in the game).

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

I know there are more difficult games, and I have to agree at the linear-ness of the Metroid games but it's still better than the stupid spinoff crap Nintendo seems content to release these days.
F-Zero GX was probably the best challenge I had all last generation. I've completely beaten it but it took me a while XD