News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Tiers Exist. Fact.

Started by Jono2, November 17, 2007, 10:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LemonManX

CPU's are morons, they don't count. Hence why tiers are decided by tournament results and character placings.

And the items and gimmicks don't even things out, they unbalance the game a lot more. And allow for stupid item campers, and whilst they can be beaten its just an annoying strategy.

In fun, non ranked matches then I must say items and gimmicks are fun. But in matches that mean something I just want to fight someone character-to-character with as little hazards as possible.

Depster

The first tiers were made by seeing what lvl 9 character won most times out of 10, though.  I'm agreeing that they changed because of tourneys though.  IMO tiers don't make a single bit of difference

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Zanryu

That's the thing though, NO fight means anything. It only proves who's more of a prodigy or who nerds over the game more than others. Being a pro gamer isn't something to be proud of, because you're basically announcing you waste your time in life on video games.

Jono2

Quote from: Zanryu on November 18, 2007, 06:50:46 PM
That's the thing though, NO fight means anything. It only proves who's more of a prodigy or who nerds over the game more than others. Being a pro gamer isn't something to be proud of, because you're basically announcing you waste your time in life on video games.

offtopic.

There is no way to think that tiers do not exist.

Though everyone should be able to adapt to items, someone playing as bowser will have an even harder time playing against fox when items are on than when they are off.  Fox can just wait for items to appear to spam them on bowser, and bowser can do absolutely nothing to counter it.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Depster

but you can't have people with the exact same skill.  One is Always better. Period.

Brawl Code: 3050-7249-4136    Message me yours!

Zanryu

Quote from: Jono2 on November 18, 2007, 08:28:03 PM

offtopic.

Though everyone should be able to adapt to items, someone playing as bowser will have an even harder time playing against fox when items are on than when they are off.  Fox can just wait for items to appear to spam them on bowser, and bowser can do absolutely nothing to counter it.
Did I ever ONCE say I don't think they exist?

Jono2

Quote from: Zanryu on November 18, 2007, 08:57:22 PM

offtopic.

that wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

Zanryu

Quote from: Jono2 on November 18, 2007, 09:01:45 PM
Quote from: Zanryu on November 18, 2007, 08:57:22 PM

offtopic.

that wasn't directed at anyone in particular.
Oh, sorry. My mistake. I presumed it was aimed at me since you quoted my post.

Water ☮

i do believe in tiers! but i use ness. is that wrong? :-\

Jono2

Quote from: WaterGod on November 18, 2007, 09:19:31 PM
i do believe in tiers! but i use ness. is that wrong? :-\

nope.  you should use whoever you're best with, or rather, whoever you want to use the most. :P

LemonManX

Exactly, I believe in tiers but yet I use Roy...

Dei Enyt

Quote from: Dawei on November 17, 2007, 10:56:36 PM
Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on November 17, 2007, 10:54:45 PM
Quote from: Dawei on November 17, 2007, 10:52:56 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 17, 2007, 10:51:05 PM
another fact is that players are better than other players, and probably the very best dont go professional and keep it to themselves (not knowing they have so much potential)
You're not going to become the best playing with computers and your same group of friends all the time. You have to play with good players, which, in turn, will reveal your awesomeness to a wider amount of people making you famous eventually.

What if you don't wanna be famous? What if you're shy and don't want to be seen as "the world's greatest Smasher"? Is it suddenly so wrong to play Smash for fun?
As I said, your not going to become the best by playing "for fun" with your little group of friends who like to go to Hyrule Temple over and over again and play FFAs.  You have to play with other competitive people to get better.
Have you considered that some people see being the "best" at a video game as a worthwhile accomplishment?  Sure, I could sit on my behind playing video games all day to perfect my technique with a certain character or learn how to master some glitches, but I don't.  I'd be giving up more important things in exchange for playing a dumb game for that amount of time.  Heck, I've been playing an hour or two at most on a daily basis.  Why just that amount of time?

Because I don't care if I improve my technique or not.  I don't care if I'm not the best smasher in the world.  I don't care if there's money prizes for MLG tournaments or whatever.  I'm more concerned about having fun when I play the game instead of following some stupid made-up rules.

GROUCHO THE MIGHTY

maybe there are tiers but at least they'r no where near as unbalanced and unfair as metroid prime hunters.

GrimTuesday

The thing is...

How can items make it unfair if both players have acces to them?

I use Ness becuase he is fun as hell to use, I just love the look on his face when he PK Thunders himself

You touurney players have ruined smash, anyone remember the 64 days? That was fun!

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

Jono2

Quote from: GrimTuesday on November 19, 2007, 03:30:06 AM
The thing is...

How can items make it unfair if both players have acces to them?

I use Ness becuase he is fun as hell to use, I just love the look on his face when he PK Thunders himself

You touurney players have ruined smash, anyone remember the 64 days? That was fun!

because some characters can get items faster and use them more effectively than others, and some characters are effected by items more than others...

as for playing games competitively,

speeddemosarchive.com