News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Tiers Exist. Fact.

Started by Jono2, November 17, 2007, 10:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evilflame101

Jono2

a low tier can easily beat a high tier if they have enough skill, but if the high tier is equally skilled as the low tier, and it's not a case of the high tier having a weakness against the low tier, then the high tier is favored to win.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

DededeCloneChris

Can somebody explain me about the tier thingy?

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 23, 2007, 09:35:11 PM
a "so called"  tier is the fact that characters are better than others...of course, i only think the skill of the player counts, and tiers are crappy ideas some1 came up with one day...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 23, 2007, 09:36:19 PM
a "so called"  tier is the fact that characters are better than others...of course, i only think the skill of the player counts, and tiers are crappy ideas some1 came up with one day...
Skill is the key to victory. :O

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 23, 2007, 09:37:45 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 23, 2007, 09:36:19 PM
Skill is the key to victory. :O
99% of people would agree, including me...

Jono2

the skill of the player is the deciding factor of matches, and it is usually the only deciding factor.

but when it comes down to the players having near equal skill level (and a high skill level, at that), that's where the tier list comes in.  it's who is favored to win, not who will win.  there are some characters that are higher up that have troubles with characters lower down (I think, but I can't name any of them).  but it's a general list, summarazing the characters in the game from best to worst.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Jono2 on November 23, 2007, 09:42:12 PM
the skill of the player is the deciding factor of matches, and it is usually the only deciding factor.

but when it comes down to the players having near equal skill level (and a high skill level, at that), that's where the tier list comes in.  it's who is favored to win, not who will win.  there are some characters that are higher up that have troubles with characters lower down (I think, but I can't name any of them).  but it's a general list, summarazing the characters in the game from best to worst.
once again...skill could side this match, even with similar skill levels...

Jono2

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 23, 2007, 09:43:26 PM

and I'm not arguing against that.  I'm just saying that the higher tiered character is favored to win, and would win if you ruled out human error.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Jono2 on November 23, 2007, 09:46:33 PM

and I'm not arguing against that.  I'm just saying that the higher tiered character is favored to win, and would win if you ruled out human error.
i think the tier list would only apply in very very small places....or at least sounds like it...

Jono2

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 23, 2007, 09:47:32 PM

i think the tier list would only apply in very very small places....or at least sounds like it...

exactly, and some people take it to be more than what it is. :P

The disparity between Fox and Pichu is huge.

well, the disparity between Fox and all characters is huge.  it's just bigger the further you go down the list.

but with all the other characters, I really don't think that the differences are that big so to influence one's character choice.  certainly doesn't influence mine.

DededeCloneChris

Use Pichu, I dare you.

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 23, 2007, 09:50:28 PM

Use Pichu, I dare you.
I DOUBLE-DOG dare u to use him...

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 23, 2007, 11:44:33 PM

Use Pichu, I dare you.
Ok!

thunderhero4

Quote from: wiiboychris on November 23, 2007, 11:48:32 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on November 23, 2007, 11:44:33 PM

Use Pichu, I dare you.
Ok!
glad you see things my way... ;D