News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

I need Physics help >.>

Started by TheKoopaBros., January 30, 2008, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKoopaBros.

So if anyone who knows physics and is up, I'd really appreciate your help in clarifying this problem. I've figured out all the other problems on this assignment of mine, but I can't figure out how to begin this problem

This is a dynamics problem, by the way.

# 3:

A 1000kg car is pulling a 300kg trailer. Together, the car and trailer have an acceleration of 2.15m/s2 in the forward direction. Neglecting friction forces on the trailer determine:

a.) the net force on the car.
b.) the net force on the trailer.
c.) the force exerted by the trailer on the car
d.) the resultant force exerted by the car on the road

Now, I know what I need to do to solve the problem, but I can't recall how I go about doing it. I know that if I can get the individual acceleration of the car or trailer I can solve them, but I can't figure that step out.

If anyone could help within the next hour and a bit it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

JMV

Damn, I really should have paid attention in physics.

f=ma lol

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Macawmoses

acc.=velocity/time
vel.=displacement/time

I didn't read it all, but it looks like you have some WORK in there as well. Sadly, im on Wii.

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: mackormoses on January 30, 2008, 10:46:03 PM
acc.=velocity/time
vel.=displacement/time

I didn't read it all, but it looks like you have some WORK in there as well. Sadly, im on Wii.

It only gives masses, and a combined acceleration so I can't use the other units. And we haven't done work in the course yet, though I am familiar with it.

Macawmoses

Find displacement. From there, manipulate

w=fd

you should have d.

...i cant remember the other formula...mind telling me?

edit: i gtg.,,im soooooo tired. Take a look at your formulas, chances are, you need more than 1. Best o' luck.

TheKoopaBros.

Quote from: mackormoses on January 30, 2008, 10:55:51 PM
Find displacement. From there, manipulate

w=fd

you should have d.

...i cant remember the other formula...mind telling me?

edit: i gtg.,,im soooooo tired. Take a look at your formulas, chances are, you need more than 1. Best o' luck.

Thanks for the help. I'll keep trying. If I can't figure it out tonight I'll ask a teacher before class.